All Star Voting 2006

kidd05 said:
Lippo said:
jimboiitmac said:
Zo is a 7 time all-star
:p

That's enough for him then. :D Give the young ones a chance to get 7 appearances. :lol:

only if they deserve it though. and right now, apart from marcus camby, yao ming and ben wallace, i can't think of any C's more deserving of an all-star berth than Zo. He has averaged 12 ppg, 9 rpg and 4.2 bpg while starting for Shaq and the Heat haven't dropped below .500% they are about 6-4 i think without Shaq and with Zo manning the helm.

Give Zo a sendout! I think that's all me and Jimbo want! :lol:
One final all-Star weekend for the Big Man! How many All-Star appearances has Shaq had? Same can be said for many players though.

I would like him to get one more appearance for a sendout.

I'm all for entertainment too, that's what All-Star weekends are all about, that's we watch isn't it? Wicked Dunks, Awesome moves, Ally-Oops!!!

but all-star appearances are for those who have played the best during the season. it's not about following or popularity

Thats where your wrong. The All-Star game IS a popularity contest.

I could care less how a player is doing during the season. I've made my mind up on who will get my vote before the season even started. (KG, Bogut, Tmac)

I want a exciting game with my favourite players on court. If Sprewell was averaging 30points,15assists,10rebounds,10steals I still wouldn't vote for him. Why?? Because I don't like the player. That simple.

Remember, only 1 Centre will get voted in, either Shaq or Ben Wallace. Apart from the starting 5, the team is selected by the coaches, so if Zo's still deserving at All-Star break, then he will be selected, but there will be some serious competition at Centre in the East this year.

Shaq, Big Ben, Big Z, Zo, Magloire & Krstic will all be pushing for effectively 2 spots.

Also, if Zo (& Shaq for that matter) are selected, I doubt they will play, as this will give them time to rest their bodies.

Mr Kevin Garnett said:
but all-star appearances are for those who have played the best during the season. it's not about following or popularity

Thats where your wrong. The All-Star game IS a popularity contest.

I could care less how a player is doing during the season. I've made my mind up on who will get my vote before the season even started. (KG, Bogut, Tmac)

I want a exciting game with my favourite players on court. If Sprewell was averaging 30points,15assists,10rebounds,10steals I still wouldn't vote for him. Why?? Because I don't like the player. That simple.

no it's not, that's where your wrong.

if it was a popularity contest, they would allow all the all-star picks to be based on fan voting. however, only the starting 5's are based on fan voting, simply so it is more interactive. there are 12 players on the team, 5 are fan voted, 7 are deserving, so effectively is is more about who is deserving despite the starting 5 which is fan based.

But Jimbo, what he's saying is at least the starting fives ARE a popularity contest, which is correct! I mean, if they were just the elite at each position, you'd have a choice of no more than 5 at each position! How else can you explain Telfair and J-smoove being on the ballot? No knock on them, as they are both exciting new players (and I voted for both to start... ;) ), but they can hardly be considered in the same company as say, Nash and T-mac, or Kidd and Kobe... But they're there because people WANT to watch them! I mean, they even have a write-in section, so theoretically, if enough people voted for him, Degsana Diop could start the all-star game ahead of Shaq, etc... The starting five is EXACTLY that, a popularity contest... Anyway, if Mourning is still playing well enough at AS break, he will get on the bench, because the coaches will put him there.

Any idea if they have numbers for the voting so far up somewhere yet? I'd be interested in seeing how Bogey's doing...

how cool would it be if he got in...i mean australia is not like china with yao lol...they have a hugggggggggggeeeee population....i mean i hope bogut gets in but australia is no china. maybe croatia will help us out?? lol...i found a pic on the net of bogut at the grave of the great petro....werid cause he was actually wearing a bucks jersey....freakyyy! lol

bogut_at_grave_961.jpg

Nice pic.. do you know when it was taken?

interesting to know if it was before he knew Milwaukee woud definately pick him?

no idea mate...well looks like before he was in college....but it is toni's jersey (who is from croatia) probably when he was in high school? or playing for the ais? the hair is a give away lol

bogutmann_199.jpg

if he doesnt make it at least he will be there for the Got Milk? Rookie Challenge – Sophomores Vs Rookies! :D

Back
Top Bottom