AFL Cards - Thoughts on a new Set

Keydawg

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Early days, but I'm a Graphic Designer and Web Designer by Trade.
I've been considering for so long, of creating a Card set of Limited release.
With my interest as a Kid being Pokemon and AFL, I've leaned toward Sport.

AFL Cards are great, but 2015 Champions aren't mind blowing, not to say I'll create a mind blowing product either of course, but interested in the thought of create a fresh product with limited quantity to promote the trade and sale of Cards between collectors.
Obviously Licensing would come into play, as would Distribution - alongside Online distribution, which is much easier to manage.

Would it be worth touching base with the Select crew or go solo?
Any thoughts on a new Product, and any direction on howto get the Ball rolling?

Yeah good idea.
The long term idea would be more than just players and popularity/performance based.
Thinking along the lines later on of a Personnel release (President, Coach), Memorial release, Fantasy Release, etc.

Early days and probably won't eventuate further, but a design mock up as an initial concept...

image.jpg

Good idea, as you have pointed out licensing will be an issue but if you make something good select will probably take your idea anyway.

Are you wanting people's ideas as to what sets they would like to see

I actually spoke to Tony at Select via Email this morning about the ideas and a general directive on how to launch it.
He said the same thing regarding licensing.

Yeah more-so ideas for others would enjoy.
Me personally, I have no time for cartoons of players, would rather see factual cards about players we all enjoy to watch, not just the top 6 best performers.

Back
Top Bottom