Advice Please

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
I have just received another card for my Ultimate Patch collection AND PC....Dwight Howard. It is a great looking card with one of the better patches i have seen....but....

There is a fair bit of chipping on the back side of the card and a "dint" on the front side. It also appears that the right of the card has been "pressed" and the marks are evident:shock: .

What do i do...I want the card but with the damage it is basically worthless!!! I have emailed the seller but havent received a response at this stage.

Any Advice?!!?!?!?!

02_1_b.jpg

If the seller doesn't respond contact him again advising you will leave appropriate feedback if he continues to ignore you.

How was the card described in the auction ???

was there any mention of the damage in the auction listing??? If so theres not much you can do, If the seller conveniently left this out then yes complain and get your money back, there has been odd occasions where people have complained got there money back and havnt had to send the damaged card back either so you may have a double win.

I will have to take a scan tonight and show you the actual card. But otherwise the dint is about where the circle is and the chipping on the back is reasonably bad!!

02_1_b1.JPG

Then he obviously lied in the auction stating that the cards are Super clean and great grading prospects... I'd get my money back mate.

hmm cant see any damage on the front...i guess it comes down to whether you want the patch enough (its a killer patch too) to ignore the damage. would you rather a average patch in flawless condition or a killer patch with some minor defects?

JZA said:
hmm cant see any damage on the front...
The picture i have attached is the one he has used on Ebay, and it would appear that there is no damage. I will be able to scan a better one in tonight and show you all.

And it is a tough decision. It is a great patch and probably the best Dwight one i have seen....

guess it depends on how much you want that particualr card, i mean like you said its an awesome patch, but the seller didnt correctly describe the condition of the card so i would ask to keep the card and get a partial refund
just my two cents worth

I would personally keep the card and ask for a partial refund. Its a great looking card and a very nice patch!

Cheers
Matt

Scan it up from your end Benny.

Can't tell from those scans. Sounds nasty tho.

$22US isnt TOO much of a loss for that card, but of course, depends on the extent of the damage.

Here is the reply i received:
"Ben, I see by my notes and records that the card was in excellant condition when sent, no chipping or dint even the scans do not show any dint on the front. You did not purchase insurance so I can not be held accountable for damage due to shipping. However I do give refunds but the card must be in the same condition it was in when sent. If you would like send the card back and I will have the guy who checks my cards before I list them for sale and see what he says. This is the best I can do. Thanks Don"

and this is what i have written back...
"Hi Don,
I think the damage may have occured due to the fact the the top loader wasnt taped shut and the card was free to move around in the bubble mailer. As this is a packaging issue is there any arrangment we can come to.
Thanks ben"

What so you think...is he trying to shaft me...

He seems legit, I mean from the auction scan there doesnt seem to be any damage at all, hopefully he will take into consideration your argument about the untaped toploader and can come to some sort of arrangement. But as other people have said It all depends on how much u want the card.

Was the toploader damaged?

I dont think a card would cop that much damaged in a top loader. It'd have to be fairly shook up, and I'm assuming it wouldnt have been.

Probably not trying to "shaft" you, just being an ignorant f-cker. Sold a card with misleading description.

EDIT:
Was the card in a penny sleeve?

Happened to me on my LeBron auto which I won on a best offer for US$160. When it arrived, the bottom corners had white dings.. I complained to the seller and he said "You should ask these questions BEFORE bidding" so I was like WHAT THE?!? And I told him I want a full refund or a partial refund and I get to keep the card. Guess what happened?

I got to keep the card for US$90 and sold it for $160 (I stated on my auction that the corners arent mint) lol.

So yeah try that approach.

MavsMan© said:
Was the toploader damaged?

IEDIT:
Was the card in a penny sleeve?

No and Yes.
I agree for the chipping to occur it would have had to have been pretty banged up during postage. I will forward him a scan once i get a chance to scan it in.

I will keep you posted!1

If the Toploader has no signs of damaging, and the card was in a penny sleeve, I find it hard to believe it wasnt damaged prior to being sent to you.

GL Benny. Sucks for ya mate, just hope it pans out.

Damn Carlos, you did well dude!

Back
Top Bottom