Advice Please

How was the card packaged, ie was it in a bubble mailer or a white envelope?

I had 2 of my Utimate Jersey cards arrive with creases and dings on them after being shipped in top loaders and penny sleeves inside a white envelope.

Is it possible that they went through the trusty Aussie post rollers?

Cheers
Matt

twentysomething said:
How was the card packaged, ie was it in a bubble mailer or a white envelope?

It was sent in a penny sleeve, uptaped toploader, and then bubble mailer. I agree with you that it would appear that the card was damaged before being sent.

He was very quick to reply to my initial complaint but hasnt relied again after my last email....

P.S - Carlos $210...thats daylight robbery!! :p

This is the reply i received from the seller....
"Ben, I am not going to argue with you just sent the card back make sure you send all of the original packing. I want the bubble Envelope, the bubble wrap, the toploader, everything. I have blocked you from bidding on any more of my auctions. I know for a fact the card was wrapped in bubble wrap and taped up, so it could not have slid around. Read my feedback about shipping this has never happened because I go overbroad with my packaging. Because of this I will make insurance mandatory to all bidders outside the US. When the card arrives I will issue a refund of your purchase price. Don"

Dont know what his problem is....Anyway here are the pictures of the card.
2.jpg

IMAGE0006.jpg

I hope you can see the mark/dint on the right of the front and the chipping along the top of the back of the card.

What should i do....Neg his ass or still try to negotiate??

This is my reply to his message above...
Don,
I dont want to argue either. There was no bubble wrap. The card was sent in a penny sleve, untaped top loader and bubble mailer. You have referred to your feedback and i will refer to mine. 100%!! I still want the card, but maybe we could organise a partial refund for the card arriving damaged or not as described.
Please let me know what you want to do
Thanks Ben

I'd leave it at that. The card doesnt look TOO damaged, and is a sweet patch.

Pitty that the seller has gotten so upset over this. Definately not willing to co-operate.

Up to you if ya neg em. Have they left you feedback?

MavsMan© said:
I'd leave it at that. The card doesnt look TOO damaged, and is a sweet patch.

Pitty that the seller has gotten so upset over this. Definately not willing to co-operate.

Up to you if ya neg em. Have they left you feedback?

No they havent left any feedback yet and i am worried about a retaliation neg. The card looks a lot worse in hand. We will see what he comes back with!!

Yeah just don't leave any feedback Ben!!! Take Scott's advise!!! I assure you he won't agree with a partial refund, so it's your decision if you want to keep it or not.

If he is unwilling to negotiate a small refund then I would Neg him.......but, if your that worried about retaliation feedback then don't (It's happened to the best of us) ;)

As I have mentioned before I use a completeley different eBay ID to buy things (Yes it is allowed as long as your two ID's don't interact with each other). That way if something like this should ever happen I have no fear in leaving the appropriate feeback knowing my "Selling eBay ID" won't be affected. Having a neg on an ID you only buy with is no big deal (Unless you have a multiple) as people will see it was a retaliation neg.
Just my 5c worth
Regards

Yeah I agree with Scott. The seller would think you're trying to con him coz you suggested a partial refund. He would only agree if he knew that the card was crap in the first place and is desperate to get rid of it.

I suggest you keep the card, as it is a nice card, cheap at that, and don't worry about leaving feedback.

Argh I hate reading stuff like this and seeing scans like those.

I'd keep the card personally.

The dint on the front looks like it was pressed with something hard at some stage (eg. an edge of a pen lid or something). No one knows what sellers are like (and I'm not taking shots at anyone on here :p), but as a general statement, whose to say that when a seller sells a really great card, and they dont get the $$$ they expected for it,they damage the card a little bit to boost their own ego?

I once recieved an item that wasnt what it said it was and the seller was a real ass about it.

Maybe give them a neutral? Or do they effect your rating too?

Here is his final reply...
"Ben, here is my final answer to your request. If you what the card then by all means keep it! If you what a refund then send the card and all of the original packing material back. No partial refunds. If I am going to give money back then I need to see the card and all of the packing material with my own eyes. Send the card back or keep it your choice."

I am just gonna keep the card. It is not worth the hassle. Damn Bastard.

Can any of you recall if you have purchased anything off him in the past??

Ben,

You may get some refund back if you create a claim or dispute by PayPal or eBay, which I think you're quite entitled to as you did not received the item as it was described. I think you have the option to use that as your reasoning to start the dispute.

Use it as your last resort mate.

And no, I have not purchased from him before.

DVS said:
Would i be required to send the card back??

That I'm not 100% sure. However, once you start a dispute or claim, the matter will be handled and investigated by PayPal themselves. After their thorough research on the matter, they will let you know of the result for both parties.

Sending the card back to him may be one of the solutions PayPal will suggest, who knows.

Just keep those original pictures and the ones you did yourself handy, just in case they want to use that as a reference.

Yeah if you go thru PayPal for a chargeback, they will require you to send the card back.

Have to weigh up what's worth the most. The card, or the neg rataliation + money back?

Back
Top Bottom