ADVICE APPRECIATED ON BOX PURCHASING

jokara15

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Darko
Hi fellow collectors,

I've recently joined the hobby and have discovered the steep prices on product within Australia. I would love nothing more then to rip a couple fresh boxes at a reasonable price. As far as I can gather from reading through the forum, most people source from the US and predominantly use ShipMyCards to get them down here. My question is where in the US is everyone buying boxes from? Also whats the process in terms of payment, I would assume everyone uses Paypal, but would I need to create a US Paypal account with a ShipMyCards address or how does that work?

If someone can point me in the right direction itd be greatly appreciated 🍺

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure of the specifics to your question but do love your optimism combining "boxes" and "reasonable price" in the same sentence!

Anywhere I have seen in the States do not have boxes at "reasonable prices" more "not-quite-as-eye-watering-as-this-side-of-the-world prices".

As far as I know the best bet to get a lower price is to get on one of the pre-orders from the big chain stores who just run with their usual margins on cards rather than hyper-inflating them. Not sure if prices are still going to be as relatively low with them for 20-21 product. Also bear in mind they sell out lightning fast.

Good luck in the search for something that suits your need/budget.

I would be looking locally to buy boxes. By the time you get the US conversion then paypal takes their cut plus postage to Australia and taxes it doesnt make it worth it. Unless you have $300-$ 400 per box you wont get much these days :(

Best bet will be to rip the odd blaster once in a while if cost is a concern...or start collecting baseball or hockey cards ;)

Check marketplace and other places and try what you can afford.

I used to wince at $100 For a hobby box, now I don't flinch for $500 (bargain)

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah budget is somewhere around the $600 mark max, wouldnt pay more then that for a single box.. Was just wondering where people are sourcing the goods, other then the obvious choices adam & daves, blowout etc..

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah budget is somewhere around the $600 mark max, wouldnt pay more then that for a single box.. Was just wondering where people are sourcing the goods, other then the obvious choices adam & daves, blowout etc..
Cherry usually do a cheap pre-order before increasing it each subsequent rollout.

Back
Top Bottom