A little bit of Scanlens nostalgia

1967Sharks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Justin
eBay User
1967sharks
Hey, like alot of collectors i miss Scanlens Cards and in particular the smell of the gum, i have bought alot of Old cards but can never pick up even the faintest of gum smells, even old sealed packs i have, the odour is more dusty than gummy.
Well i bought and opened a 1990 Scanlens/Stimirol Rugby League pack today. Opened it up and had a smell.......and nothing :rolleyes:, I then peeled the gum of the card and crumbled it all up and to my absolute delight, the smell i had been missing had filled my room. Typing this makes me feel really quite lame actually but i was really happy to have atleast a few whiffs from the past :D

Can't you get chewing gum like that anywhere else anymore?

I remember buying a pack of 92 cards (the last series with the gum) in about 1996 and trying to chew the gum, let's just say I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. :lol:

It's a good smell though. Dynamic cards always had a pretty strong smell, too. It was nice as well!

I will always remember that smell, along with brushing the powdery dust off the top card too. Ahhh......the memories!!

I remember one year back in '82 or '83 mum and I going to pick dad up from the train station after work and he had the Cricket album and 8 packets of cards for me - it was like I had won the lottery!!!

Brad

I bought a box of TMNT movies cards a while back and when I opened the box it was packed in I got hit with the smell of the gum. I had not even opened a pack yet.

I still have not opened the packs yet but look forward to the smell again.

Back
Top Bottom