A few Buy Backs

Aronzo33

Miami Heat Fan. Zo and Birdman
Real Name
Aaron
COMC User
MiamiHeatFanatic
After seeing Parra's Nash buy back I've decided to share a few recent arrivals of my own :) Some collectors don't like them, for me I really like buy backs, depending on the card of course you've got something truly unique that only a few would have. Anyway this is for the buy back lovers.

This set from memory was what fed my love of cardboard back in the 90's. With all the standard action shots of players on the hardwood, I love this for the unique image of the Chief. Slotted this into my 50 All Time Greatest chase set. 10/10
DSC05685.JPG

DSC05686.JPG

How good was Rice in his days, I loved watching this guy play one of the sweetest shooters in his days. Loving these two cards.
DSC05689.JPG

DSC05690.JPG

Rice played as the third scorer with the Lakers behind Shaq and Kobe and won his first and only NBA title in the 2000 Finals.
DSC05691.JPG

DSC05692.JPG

Pretty stoked to pickup the last two buy backs of my two fave PC players.

Mr. Zo! What a brilliant action shot of Alonzo with a baby hook over the Dream. This one's numbered 5/5
zo1.JPG

zo2.jpg

And finally I wasn't sure if I was going to include this last one in this mailday, was going to bring it out in my Birdman mailday but oh well this is a buy back special so.....

Energy off the bench, blocks them shots, skies in for those ally oops....

And my very first 1/1....

I bring you.....
BIRDMAN! haha I just love the Birdman! With his nickname 'Bird' inscribed. Not sure what pen he was using, probably a little too fine point for my liking but ah well totally stoked to say the least!

DSC06325_zpsp9tp4ufj.JPG

DSC05651_zps6zp96oem.JPG

Thanks for dropping in :)

Great stuff, buy backs really do have that unique touch to them.... Not so sure about buying back such a shiny card though, not ideal for the old Bic biro!

Personally I'm not a fan of buybacks but there are some nice clean old school autos on there! And love Birdman's auto!

I am with you man, I LOVE buybacks:D! I love the 92-93 upperdeck set, that set is still my fav base set ever awesome shots and the cards still to this day seem crisp and make me smile:)

Awesome Aaron, those buy backs look sweet.
Thanks Dylan! I love sweet buy backs :kick:

Love buybacks
Woo hoo me too Owen! :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Very cooooool buybacks mate:thumbsup::cool:
Cheers Waldo! They're cool in a sense that they're just different from everything that's out there, and there's a degree of nostalgia especially with the old skool cards you may have grown up with as a kid. :)

Birdman is a ripper, I agree on the pen used, I was like wtf has he signed this with.
Hope the auto stands the test of time.
Love buybacks, hand signed and numbered goodness all the way.
Tbh when I saw it on auction I thought it was signed with a ball point pen I was like 'ahhhh should I bid or just leave it' but I took the punt and bid. Upon closer inspection it doesn't look like he used a ball point pen just a super damn fine marker. I don't think a ball point pen could stick to a card like that.

Great stuff, buy backs really do have that unique touch to them.... Not so sure about buying back such a shiny card though, not ideal for the old Bic biro!
haha as mentioned above it look like a super fine sharpie like SUUUUPER fine. If he used a bic he would have had to have pushed down on the surface of the card and damaged it. The signature itself looks great its just too fine, needs a thicker pen.

Personally I'm not a fan of buybacks but there are some nice clean old school autos on there! And love Birdman's auto!
Ye it's not to everyone's taste I know, some people like red apples some prefer green :) I'm chuffed to have this Birdman buyback at least I know no one else in the world has this :D

I am with you man, I LOVE buybacks:D! I love the 92-93 upperdeck set, that set is still my fav base set ever awesome shots and the cards still to this day seem crisp and make me smile:)
AGREED Antony! Can you remember the 92-93 card set came in a box that looked like a locker? Man I remember I was in heaven when I bought that in high school. Shaq's rookie card was in this set too, the black one with him in the standing pose then dunking. Would love a signed buyback version of Shaq's rookie card! :woot::woot::woot:

Back
Top Bottom