A cardboard year in review post up your years best acquisitions

penny collector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Antony
Hey Everyone,

So a lot of us got in early and posted some collecting goals and I would love those guys to post up in here showing off there new pieces of joy!

So here is the grab from me,
Quality not Quantity was the whole motto for the year
One of the Eminence all star pic cards (Check)
2000-2001 Ultimate sigs #to 25 (Didn't pop up)
A couple of the Premium Rubies from the Orlando days (got em all)
Another Penny game issued jersey (Nope)

The pickups, yeah this is all of them:
IMG_6510.JPG

So I got half of my goals completed which I am happy with, Definitely stuck to the Quality scene though, but cant quite decide which I prefer a whole heap of basics or just a few higher enders!

A close up of my years Faves!

Shoe sigs Foamposite #8of15.JPG

Slam Bams #86 of 100.JPG

98-99 Star rubies #46of50 (2).JPG

Eminence Allstar #8of10.JPG

15-16 Immac Sneak Peak #1of3.JPG

Net Assets buyback auto #1of1 (2).JPG

I definitely look forward to seeing everyone elses offerings to the cardboard gods!

I might be the only one, but I like the Penny Team USA autographed photo. I assume that it is from UDA based on the autograph style and the hologram at the lower right-hand corner.

I might be the only one, but I like the Penny Team USA autographed photo. I assume that it is from UDA based on the autograph style and the hologram at the lower right-hand corner.
Yeah mate, its UDA all the way as they say! I have a few of them but that was the first team usa one! And youre not the only one I am a fan aswell that makes 2 of us!

Really nice Ant. Well done mate
I'm the same going for just quality stuff, love the lot mate especially that Sneak Peek is just ridiculous!!!
I would love to see some of your offerings, cmon you know you wanna... actually you need to:) that's what this little thread is for! Theres no limits anything amazing you picked up this year say shoes, in hand signed stuff from a trip to the states.... yeah you know who I'm talkin to both of ya!

I would love to see some of your offerings, cmon you know you wanna... actually you need to:) that's what this little thread is for! Theres no limits anything amazing you picked up this year say shoes, in hand signed stuff from a trip to the states.... yeah you know who I'm talkin to both of ya![/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh boooyyy I have a bunch of stuff I haven't posted just so busy and I'm working overseas I know I've been super quiet but I have a quick check every now and again, I miss this community! I'll be back in Aus next week I'll try do a monster mailday and post in this thread for sure! :D:D:D

man that is a huge haul, those cards look amazing individually but together is a whole other level.

Well to start with, there was this motherlode that arrived last week, still got me speechless.

I know how hard those Finest diecut embossed badboys are to find so that is huge, but that Black allstar patch is just so awesome!

Some of my favourites from this year!

IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1037.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG

But this is the cream on top of my collection so far.

IMG_0855.JPG

Nameplates are so huge in player PC's... but looks like a stunning year all round to me!

Wow so many mind blowing acquisitions from 2016! Amazing and incredible! Well done!

A bit late to submit but here are some of my favorite cards from 2016!

2/2
16.JPG

Come on who doesn't love Muggsy Bogues!

All jersey numbered 1 of...
1.JPG

This has been as close as I've been able to get to a Birdman Logoman! Still looking for one if anyone knows who has one.

2/3
2.JPG

My fave Bosh card jersey numbered 1/3
3.JPG

Love this Wade card jersey numbered 3/3
4.JPG

Happy Family! And I've met all three!!
5.JPG

I have a bunch of fave AI cards I bought last year but this one is just perfect, design, picture, on card auto
6.JPG

Not quite a logoman but still awesome! 1/2
7.JPG

I have so many favorite Birdman cards, this has to rank as top 3 in my collection. Just the fact the patch is the Heat logo!
8.JPG

All four cards Andersen inscribed his nickname 'Birdman' the silver one is 1/1
9.JPG

Other than Jordan these three have to be the Greatest of ALL TIME! All three Greats sigs on the one card all on-card autos!

1/1!!!
10.JPG

I was stoked that Stoudemire joined the Heat last season and I got to meet him after the game. After that meeting I wanted to add a special card of him. Jersey numbered 1/3!!
11.JPG

I never expected to add a Wade logoman but after meeting Wade all that changed haha 1/3
12.JPG

Alonzo Mourning, this is the reason I got into basketball 25 years ago. This card was a kind of accident. The seller's BIN price was astronomical, I was like no way I could afford it. I made an offer well below his BIN thinking what the hell there's no hard in putting an offer in. Then I just forgot about it, a few days later I got an email saying my offer was accepted! Strange things happen!!

ONE OF ONE!!!

13.JPG

My little family of logomans all suited up in a Miami Heat uniform.
14.JPG

Thanks for looking! :)

Very nice Hardaway collection, sheeeesh. Did you manage to land the Penny Eminence base 1/10? That went for quite a bit, seems like a lot of collectors were going after that one
No i did not even try funds have all been diverted since holiday, having said that it sold cheaper than i expected for the jersey numbered! people generally dont realise how high a lot of his stuff sells for it can be crazy!

Wow so many mind blowing acquisitions from 2016! Amazing and incredible! Well done!

A bit late to submit but here are some of my favorite cards from 2016!

2/2
16.JPG

Come on who doesn't love Muggsy Bogues!

All jersey numbered 1 of...
1.JPG

This has been as close as I've been able to get to a Birdman Logoman! Still looking for one if anyone knows who has one.

2/3
2.JPG

My fave Bosh card jersey numbered 1/3
3.JPG

Love this Wade card jersey numbered 3/3
4.JPG

Happy Family! And I've met all three!!
5.JPG

I have a bunch of fave AI cards I bought last year but this one is just perfect, design, picture, on card auto
6.JPG

Not quite a logoman but still awesome! 1/2
7.JPG

I have so many favorite Birdman cards, this has to rank as top 3 in my collection. Just the fact the patch is the Heat logo!
8.JPG

All four cards Andersen inscribed his nickname 'Birdman' the silver one is 1/1
9.JPG

Other than Jordan these three have to be the Greatest of ALL TIME! All three Greats sigs on the one card all on-card autos!

1/1!!!
10.JPG

I was stoked that Stoudemire joined the Heat last season and I got to meet him after the game. After that meeting I wanted to add a special card of him. Jersey numbered 1/3!!
11.JPG

I never expected to add a Wade logoman but after meeting Wade all that changed haha 1/3
12.JPG

Alonzo Mourning, this is the reason I got into basketball 25 years ago. This card was a kind of accident. The seller's BIN price was astronomical, I was like no way I could afford it. I made an offer well below his BIN thinking what the hell there's no hard in putting an offer in. Then I just forgot about it, a few days later I got an email saying my offer was accepted! Strange things happen!!

ONE OF ONE!!!

13.JPG

My little family of logomans all suited up in a Miami Heat uniform.
14.JPG

Thanks for looking! :)
Whoa it was worth the wait, so glad you finally showed those amazing pieces off!

Back
Top Bottom