7 Skybox Junk Wax and 2 Upper Deck packs

shootin_card

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dean
So I figured I'd buy a few 1990s packs just for the nostalgia. I grew up watching the 90s NBA and was curious if I'd land a few of my favourite 90s players.

Here are some of my favourites:
IMG_0803.jpg
IMG_0802.jpg
IMG_0801.jpg
IMG_0800.jpg

Takes me back to a time when it wasn't about "value".

I have forgotten what that feels like. Every break for me now is always about breaking even.

I don’t go in group breaks any more, buy retail packs and don’t care about the value that comes out of it and buy singles and graded that are 90% for the PC at the moment. 2 years ago it was 10% for PC and 90% to flip/trade cause the market was so good.I’m having a great time at the moment not worrying about returns. If it was my livelihood it would be a different time though

Shawn Kemp was one of my top 5 as a teenager. These are the players I remember best. I collected upper deck 1993/94 some fleer and also electric court parallels later in the 1995/96 release.

Yes! It was quite a lucky break. Seems like I get lucky on the first few buys, but then I don't get as good on the next buy. Too bad the1993 upper decks I get are sticking to each other each time (5/5 packs). Must be the kind and the age of it. The skybox didn't stick to each other. Perhaps the material for it.

I felt lucky with the Jordans that I went on a 2nd upper deck try, hoping to get another Jordan, but not as lucky, so that ends my old school cards buying for now. I've accumulated too many unwanted cards from these sets. The shaq and kenny anderson on these have surface damage from the sticking.

1657847220215.png

1657847231528.png

1657847251321.png

Classic set, its the one that got me into basketball 👍
If anyone is interested I have the full run of Top Prospects, Executive Boards and Breakaway Threats (including Jordan and Pippen) subsets in this.

Back
Top Bottom