2023 Box Break Day NBA breaks

theron.gif

erSBZW.jpg
Results of the Fleer 90’ box I bought a fortnight ago.

1 very nicely centered Jordan allstar and one nicely centered base card out of the 3

Most of the other all stars are decently centered as well.

Still need to go through rest of the HOF’s.

erSBZW.jpg
Results of the Fleer 90’ box I bought a fortnight ago.

1 very nicely centered Jordan allstar and one nicely centered base card out of the 3

Most of the other all stars are decently centered as well.

Still need to go through rest of the HOF’s.

Nice! The centering is usually pretty rough on those all-star cards! Looks like you did well. Was it fun?

Nice! The centering is usually pretty rough on those all-star cards! Looks like you did well. Was it fun?

Great fun!

Of all these All Stars the centering in the MJ is probably the best, luckily.

Looks pretty much perfect looking at other PSA 10’s

VdAu06.jpg

Great fun!

Of all these All Stars the centering in the MJ is probably the best, luckily.

Looks pretty much perfect looking at other PSA 10’s

VdAu06.jpg

Very hard to get a 10 on these. Any sort of whiting around the edges or printing blemishes could knock you down. Doesn't stop people from trying over and over again though! 😅

Very hard to get a 10 on these. Any sort of whiting around the edges or printing blemishes could knock you down. Doesn't stop people from trying over and over again though! 😅

Under the loupe it’s pretty good.

Slightly fluffy cut on the top left edge.

Some really micro chips under 10x

I suspect it’s probably going to come out a 9.

Front centering is perfect, back centering is slightly off right to left, don’t have my centering guide yet to determine if it’s in PSA’s tolerance.

Under the loupe it’s pretty good.

Slightly fluffy cut on the top left edge.

Some really micro chips under 10x

I suspect it’s probably going to come out a 9.

Front centering is perfect, back centering is slightly off right to left, don’t have my centering guide yet to determine if it’s in PSA’s tolerance.

Sometimes PSA can be a little forgiving with the back centering. You just never know.

I've seen cards graded a 9 that clearly have a dinged corner which in my mind should be an 8 at best.

But it pays to be super critical of cards that you are looking to send away. Also another thing to take into consideration in sending a card off for grading is if the card value in a PSA9 will still be enough to make your money back or not. If not, then it is more risky to send unless it is a PC card that you're not planning on moving on.

Sometimes PSA can be a little forgiving with the back centering. You just never know.

I've seen cards graded a 9 that clearly have a dinged corner which in my mind should be an 8 at best.

But it pays to be super critical of cards that you are looking to send away. Also another thing to take into consideration in sending a card off for grading is if the card value in a PSA9 will still be enough to make your money back or not. If not, then it is more risky to send unless it is a PC card that you're not planning on moving on.

I’ve probably louped 1500 cards of my original PC and narrowed my ‘to be graded’ cards down to about 12.

I’m definitely pretty critical, maybe too critical in some of the better cards

I’ve probably louped 1500 cards of my original PC and narrowed my ‘to be graded’ cards down to about 12.

I’m definitely pretty critical, maybe too critical in some of the better cards

If you're confident the better cards could get a 9 then maybe it might still be worth it value wise?

If you're confident the better cards could get a 9 then maybe it might still be worth it value wise?

It's probably the toughest thing determining demand for 9's vs 10's.

Then not only that, determining Aus value vs USA value.

Then Aus demand vs USA demand for graded cards.

Most of the time grading fee's exceed the value of the vast majority of bball 9's unless they are high value raw cards. But then, some 9's sell extremely will in Aus vs the USA market when you factor in postage, gst etc to get some of these 9's into Aus.

It all changes.

I really need to get to a few Melbourne shows, to take a barometer of the demand for 8's and 9's in stuff I'd probably consider uneconomical in the American maket.

I've got about 200 cards earmarked for grading at the moment.

I'm probably going to start with 3 x 25no. Pokemon card submissions. I have around 10 high value BBall cards that will go in and a vintage submission of 7-8 which includes a few Bradman rookies for my PC.

I'll see if I can sell down the Pokemon cards to finance future grading submissions in probably batches of 20-25 and do it slowly and progressively. I intend to keep some of the more sentimental ones post grading for the PC.

Looking forward to it, just waiting for the final one or two items to land in SMC before getting it boxed up and out.

Will post the mail day when I get it.

Back
Top Bottom