2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

While we are on the good will aspect, big shout out to NRL Cards for Kids who obtain and give away significant amounts of NRL cards to young kids at Rugby League tournaments and trophy days etc.

https://m.facebook.com/NRL-Cards-for-Kids-105037928071480/
If you have spare base consider shipping to the above group.

The team from Gold Coast Cards recently donated a huge amount (a pallet worth) and to pay for postage, sold sealed boxes from their own stock. Top effort from one of the hobbies finest.

1609917727020.png
Cheers. Also found them on FB same name 😃

Just thought I would throw this positive news out there.

The bloke who runs the QLD Canberra Raiders Supporters Group (Queensland Raiders Army) lost his dog and best mate last year. He recently took on an ‘adoption’ dog to care for but was unable to afford the adoption fee and was set to hand his new best mate back.

Enter new Raiders recruit Harry Rushton (signed from Wigan Academy, potential gun). He kicked off a Go Fund Me with $200 from his own pocket and with multiple other donations, Matt can now pay for the adoption.

Brilliant stuff and great generosity. I would love to see Fox Sports headline this !!

Here is the post from Footy Smiles;

Young Englishman Harry Rushton hasn’t even been a Raider for a month and already he’s made a life changing impact on a life long fan.

Raiders fanatic Mat Mitchell went through the toughest time of his life when his best mate, his dog Turbo passed away 18 months ago.

He suffers from depression and anxiety and his dog helped guide him through the tough times.

So when the adoption agency rang him to say that there was another dog named Razzle available, he was excited but realised he wasn’t in the place financially to be able to adopt him.

He still wanted Razzle to find a loving home though. So when he posted the link for adoption on his Facebook page he was shocked when 18 year old Harry Rushton created a Go Fund Me page for him and donated the first $200.

The two have never met and the only thing they have in common is wearing the lime green of the Raiders. One as a professional athlete and the other as a professional supporter of 38 years.

The money Harry helped to raise has allowed Mat to adopt Razzle and also pay for some of the costs of owning a dog.

“I am so grateful for the support from Harry and everyone who donated on the Go Fund Me page,” Mat told us.

“My new dog makes it special but I am mostly overwhelmed by the generosity of the community and particularly my Raiders community.”

A lovely story for the off reason. This sort of generosity is what makes rugby league so great.

I just read that Clive Churchill’s personal collection has been donated for free to the MCG by the family.

The kicker is that this priceless collection was first offered to the NRL (previous administration) who dithered and delayed so much, the family got tired of waiting.

How can this happen? We are talking the first Immortal, one of the all time greats, the award for best on field in the biggest match of the year carries his name.

These priceless pieces should be in the NRL museum in Sydney. What a massive f*** up.

I just read that Clive Churchill’s personal collection has been donated for free to the MCG by the family.

The kicker is that this priceless collection was first offered to the NRL (previous administration) who dithered and delayed so much, the family got tired of waiting.

How can this happen? We are talking the first Immortal, one of the all time greats, the award for best on field in the biggest match of the year carries his name.

These priceless pieces should be in the NRL museum in Sydney. What a massive f*** up.

If so the NRL Museum people should be ashamed of this.

If so the NRL Museum people should be ashamed of this.
Yep, if it is true, which seems very likely, it is quite disgraceful.

Don't get me wrong, the MCG is an iconic Australian sporting venue but not for Rugby League. How about the SCG I am sure they have a museum and Churchill would have played heaps of games at various levels during his career.

I think before expansion, there are so many little things the game needs to get right first. I get that the TV $$ drive the direction the game goes but the poor management and general inconsistency is prevalent on every level.

Yep, if it is true, which seems very likely, it is quite disgraceful.

Don't get me wrong, the MCG is an iconic Australian sporting venue but not for Rugby League. How about the SCG I am sure they have a museum and Churchill would have played heaps of games at various levels during his career.

I think before expansion, there are so many little things the game needs to get right first. I get that the TV $$ drive the direction the game goes but the poor management and general inconsistency is prevalent on every level.

The SCG has a museum under the Ladies/Members Stand and they have a heap of cool stuff there (Maradona's jersey from when they played against Australia at the SFS) plus plenty of cool cricket stuff there. This year they did an exhibition of Indian Cricket memorabilia with lots of great pieces.

I have been to the NRL Museum and its good, and I do think that it would have been the best place for the Churchill memorabilia.

Shame its all going to Melbourne.

Mcinnes ACL, full rupture, out for season.

Rest assured Sharks won’t want him early now!!

I wonder if the dragons will be eligible for cap relief? I would think not given it occurred at training.
Fitting he’s now going to the Sharks, they always take broken goods.

All seriousness though, poor bloke, so cruel. Will be a massive loss this year for the dragons. He’s a huge player for them. Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

All seriousness though, poor bloke, so cruel. Will be a massive loss this year for the dragons. He’s a huge player for them. Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.
Prick of an injury as well. You see many players who do one blow out a second in 12 months. Tedesco, Hodgson are recent examples.

I had a full knee reconstruction last week for a ruptured ACL, not much fun.

Last edited:

😳😳😳😳😳he’s resting for 2022 . I don’t know why you storm fans hate the sharks so much , oh hang on , yeah I do haha

The SCG has a museum under the Ladies/Members Stand and they have a heap of cool stuff there (Maradona's jersey from when they played against Australia at the SFS) plus plenty of cool cricket stuff there. This year they did an exhibition of Indian Cricket memorabilia with lots of great pieces.

I have been to the NRL Museum and its good, and I do think that it would have been the best place for the Churchill memorabilia.

Shame its all going to Melbourne.
At some point I will probably see it then but not many Victorians know much about him.

Haha 😆 give you that but said before and say it again. Where been stripped of more premierships then the Sharks have won and still have more legitimate ones left over 😉
“Allegedly” 🤣🤣And it will be another 50 years before we win another one but I’ll always remember Fifita crashing over . Try of the decade . 14-12 up up Cronulla

Bellamy in talk with the Sharks
“Allegedly” 🤣🤣And it will be another 50 years before we win another one but I’ll always remember Fifita crashing over . Try of the decade . 14-12 up up Cronulla
It’s so he can teach you how to cheat the salary cap properly and win a premiership or two whilst you do so.

All jokes aside, I think Bellamy will be linked with every club in the NRL till his contact is sorted, will happen all year. Same with Bennett.

Bellamy in talk with the Sharks
I heard they were talking with flanno as well and that he had a hand in McInnes going to the sharks ? I think besides the obvious,another thing the storm do well is keep things in house like the way they handled the Cam Smith situation. It’s taken all the pressure of Brandon Smith and Harry Grant for the 2021 season . I’d take the sharks mascot over John Morris though. I’ve never been a fan of a ex player coaching within 10-15 years of retirement, especially when he’s played at the club .

While we’re on the best grand final win in NRL history haha, if anyone has a sharks premiership set they would trade , have a few things that might be worth a look at 👌

Back
Top Bottom