2021 footy stars prestige

Missed out on a box, everything gone in 2 minutes 😔 I don’t want to pay $99 for a Select membership so I’ll try again at 8pm otherwise won’t get any of this release. Expecting to see packs for $15+ and boxes for $300+ on eBay very soon.

was always going to be a popular release
but another 3 mins sell out !!!!
good luck to all in the second drop...

Doubt it having 2 different times allows for 2 lots of bots buying

might not be worth the risk if caught you could lose your first lot,

I enjoy opening cards with my daughter to see the excitement on her face brings me back to my primary school days, we were lucky enough to preorder boxes of dominance last year, but with prestige 2021 I tried to preorder some boxes through the same stores and even new stores and was given the same answer “we don’t know what our stock amounts will be yet, but you’ll be able to purchase direct from selects website“ BULLSHIT!!!
Well I have 2 questions 1. If the card stores don’t have stock and I’m talking about Selects official stockists list, then where did 350 cases worth go in 1 min 20 secs....?????
and 2. If there product sells out so quick and there is a massive increase in collector’s then would it be so bad if they increased the production runs of limited sets?? Now I’m not talking mass produce like the 90s NBA but supply and demand. The demand has increased 200% yet the supply in some ways is less. Now picture supremacy 2.0, supremacy was my favourite release and yet I didn’t manage to get a box (luckily buying my port cards was relatively cheap in 2019) fast forward to 2021 (I’m assuming it will drop this year) 1 common card will be $800, the sigs will be $1k+ and I regrettably will either be driven flat broke or forced to quit the hobby that has brought me so much joy and many friendships along the way and with it my daughters joy and enthusiasm of opening cards and this is where as I’m typ this am just clearly realising the hobby will struggle/die without the next generation enjoying it and being able to open cards they will not have the same fond memories or nostalgia my generation had when reuniting with collecting. So the 90s cards aren’t worth anything because of mass production but they brought so much joy and now if cards aren’t WORTH anything no one wants to collect them, everyone has turned it into a business instead of a hobby (myself included) whether we released it at the time or not.
@cotchin#9 3 minutes hats being generous mate I had them in my cart and checkout done in about 1 minute 20 seconds and it was sold out.
@cardad15 $300?? I wouldn’t be surprised if people ty get $1k for a box

I enjoy opening cards with my daughter to see the excitement on her face brings me back to my primary school days, we were lucky enough to preorder boxes of dominance last year, but with prestige 2021 I tried to preorder some boxes through the same stores and even new stores and was given the same answer “we don’t know what our stock amounts will be yet, but you’ll be able to purchase direct from selects website“ BULLs***!!!
Well I have 2 questions 1. If the card stores don’t have stock and I’m talking about Selects official stockists list, then where did 350 cases worth go in 1 min 20 secs....?????
and 2. If there product sells out so quick and there is a massive increase in collector’s then would it be so bad if they increased the production runs of limited sets?? Now I’m not talking mass produce like the 90s NBA but supply and demand. The demand has increased 200% yet the supply in some ways is less. Now picture supremacy 2.0, supremacy was my favourite release and yet I didn’t manage to get a box (luckily buying my port cards was relatively cheap in 2019) fast forward to 2021 (I’m assuming it will drop this year) 1 common card will be $800, the sigs will be $1k+ and I regrettably will either be driven flat broke or forced to quit the hobby that has brought me so much joy and many friendships along the way and with it my daughters joy and enthusiasm of opening cards and this is where as I’m typ this am just clearly realising the hobby will struggle/die without the next generation enjoying it and being able to open cards they will not have the same fond memories or nostalgia my generation had when reuniting with collecting. So the 90s cards aren’t worth anything because of mass production but they brought so much joy and now if cards aren’t WORTH anything no one wants to collect them, everyone has turned it into a business instead of a hobby (myself included) whether we released it at the time or not.
@cotchin#9 3 minutes hats being generous mate I had them in my cart and checkout done in about 1 minute 20 seconds and it was sold out.
The authorised select dealers half are breakers so won’t sell any boxes as they make way more breaking them, I run a buisiness selling cards and even I am struggling to get any stock, this year I can see me coming to an end to be honest as it’s not worth my time when I can’t get much stock and that’s not the fault of the wholesaler as they are doing the best they can with what they are given, the days when I could run 10 case shares and you could get as many boxes as you like seem so long ago

I enjoy opening cards with my daughter to see the excitement on her face brings me back to my primary school days, we were lucky enough to preorder boxes of dominance last year, but with prestige 2021 I tried to preorder some boxes through the same stores and even new stores and was given the same answer “we don’t know what our stock amounts will be yet, but you’ll be able to purchase direct from selects website“ BULLs***!!!
i feel you... but the hobby is what the hobby is.
the landscape has dramatically changed from what it once was
the trick is to change with it, not let it get you down
wish you and your daughter luck with ripping some stock

Yeah it is unfortunate for a lot of people who cannot get boxes.
It is a little of topic, but you would have been the perfect person to sign up for the select $99 membership.
Also they are doing another drop at 8pm tonight if you want to try your luck again.

$300 is a conservative guess, I’m sure that boxes will be advertised for much more. If it’s a 4 box limit from Select then I’m with you, I have no idea how 350 cases went in under 2 minutes!

Prestige.JPG

Back
Top Bottom