2020 footy stars prestiege release.

meinmiddle

OzCardTrader
Real Name
malcolm
eBay User
malin185
Select will release new Footy stars Prestiege on their website may 25 for presales and released on the 29th May. Update as to what is in it, will be previewed starting monday on select u tube site.

Hoping this release is complimentary and not substitutional. We have outstanding cards from Dominance still to go for Series 2 (or should we call it series 3 now 🤣)

Hoping this release is complimentary and not substitutional. We have outstanding cards from Dominance still to go for Series 2 (or should we call it series 3 now 🤣)

That’s what I was wondering. Has it become unrealistic this year to prepare, print and package a complete traditional series 2 Given so much happens overseas?

select.jpg

Will be interesting to see what will be in this release. I have a feeling it will be a panini prizm style release. Interesting times!

Imo it will have the gold show shoppers, platinum brownlow predictors /40ish and I reckon they will incorporate the state of origin.

Will be a beefed up version of series oone with just more numbered cards and a few more collectable bits and pieces (some bigger cards I would hope)

Imo it will have the gold show shoppers, platinum brownlow predictors /40ish and I reckon they will incorporate the state of origin.

Will be a beefed up version of series oone with just more numbered cards and a few more collectable bits and pieces (some bigger cards I would hope)

I think the set would have been finalised, or at the very least in the final stages of development before the State of Origin game was even announced.

The platinum predictor and gold showstopper seem like a formality. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep milking the Starburst cow and an even rarer variant of the die cut/fireworks set seems a decent bet.

In hindsight series one was just a huge set up for this Prestige set, even the missing case cards make sense now.

What are peoples thoughts on the gold showstopper being the same or a different player?

Last edited:
Just an idea of course, but with regard to the gold showstopper, my guess would be that it is a different player, rather than a lower numbered variant ... all the silver showstoppers from series 1 footy stars are young guns of their clubs ... my best bet is that the gold showstoppers are of some of the veteran and absolute stars from each club.

Me thinking to be $5.99 a pack, there may be autos...so maybe same show stoppers but signature variants. Hoping so

yeah signatures would be unreal, but i do feel this release is going to severley impact on the value of the series 1 cards (especially predictors and show stoppers)

yeah signatures would be unreal, but i do feel this release is going to severley impact on the value of the series 1 cards (especially predictors and show stoppers)
yep surely value of series 1 drops... silver showstoppers have already dropped in price heaps... just hanging for a cheap walsh!

Back
Top Bottom