2020 footy stars prestiege release.

Just an idea of course, but with regard to the gold showstopper, my guess would be that it is a different player, rather than a lower numbered variant ... all the silver showstoppers from series 1 footy stars are young guns of their clubs ... my best bet is that the gold showstoppers are of some of the veteran and absolute stars from each club.

Yea I tend to agree, I think a gold variant of the same player would really devalue the silver.

My only thought is if there is already a Gold and Platinum version of guys like Cripps and Dusty will they want another huge chase card of these guys in the same set.

yeah signatures would be unreal, but i do feel this release is going to severley impact on the value of the series 1 cards (especially predictors and show stoppers)

Showstoppers should be okay if it isn't a gold variant of the same player.

Predictors will be hurt but Covid has crushed the value of these cards anyway.

Yea I tend to agree, I think a gold variant of the same player would really devalue the silver.

My only thought is if there is already a Gold and Platinum version of guys like Cripps and Dusty will they want another huge chase card of these guys in the same set.

But there is already a gold and platinum of tarranto, walsh etc (assuming you meant predictors) so no difference

But there is already a gold and platinum of tarranto, walsh etc (assuming you meant predictors) so no difference

True, they don't hold nearly the same value though and arent quite the same kind of chase card

The gold Showstoppers could easily be guys like Heeney and Whitfield anyway who don't have either.

I am actually looking forward to this release! It seems pretty clear the top ends will be inclusive (and probably not limited to) show stoppers gold and Brownlow predictors platinum and the main reason is simply something added into the limited numbers scenes as we all know what the top ends will be with dominance 20 S3:
IE opposite captain signatures and dominance black and another Gen next card of the following families:
Silvani
Fletcher
Kennedy
Or you name it

If this product is just a revision of series 1 plus another insert or two then that would suck for a number of reasons, mainly the devaluing of series 1 cards.

Imagine spending big coin on series 1 chasing the top brownlow predictors and showstoppers only for a lower print run set to come out not long after.

If this product is just a revision of series 1 plus another insert or two then that would suck for a number of reasons, mainly the devaluing of series 1 cards.

Imagine spending big coin on series 1 chasing the top brownlow predictors and showstoppers only for a lower print run set to come out not long after.

If people stop opening series one it could actually push the prices of those cards up.

The box hits are already far more scarce this year and worth more than equivalents from years gone by. The exception being gold Predictors post Covid suspension however I expect the price of those to trend back up once we get some play back underway.

Last time we had "Series 1" release at around $140 a box...2005 Tradition and 2006 Champions (slightly cheaper if I recall)

05 Tradition had the master redemption, draft signatures and Riewoldt & Hall signature redemption
06 Champions had the Dal Santo and Wells signature redemption

If there are any sigs, kinda hoping its AFLW. Will be good seeing them included without having to replace AFL sigs from the premium series.

Would be pretty cool, but considering they've taken the AFLW cards out of the common set and added in an extra player from each team I doubt that'd be the case

They even trying at this point? CTRL-C Then CTRL-V

I mean i'm sure Panini would love seeing their concepts being "adapted" to the local market.

1589328525224.png
1589328491555.png

When does paying Homage to an insert set become a copyright infringement?

Just a thought!

I mean i'm sure Panini would love seeing their concepts being "adapted" to the local market.

Just a thought!
Partially agree with your point mate, but how many different types of inserts/colour patterns has panini done.? there's only so many patterns that can be used, so there's going to be a copy at some point.. panini prizm basketball had over 40 base prizm variants this year alone..

tbh i figured there would be a diecut variant in this series.. just like i would be surprised if there's another starburst variant..

Partially agree with your point mate, but how many different types of inserts/colour patterns has panini done.? there's only so many patterns that can be used, so there's going to be a copy at some point.. panini prizm basketball had over 40 base prizm variants this year alone..

tbh i figured there would be a diecut variant in this series.. just like i would be surprised if there's another starburst variant..

I understand your point and agree in part but this one is sailing very close to the wind.

I can accept that some cards will look similar and there are limited options available.......but when you have a card that is so close its entering into a dangerous territory where you may be infringing on someone else's trademark/registered property.

I mean card companies have pursued legal action over smaller infringements....

Fireworks, Galactic, Tye Dye and I'm sure a number of others have already been done by Panini.

This is hardly anything new.

1589328525224.png
1589328491555.png

Just a thought!

Tbh I’m not sure I see any real similarity between the two other than being called “zebra”.

Completely different inserts in my eyes. Wouldn’t say I’m a big fan of this new insert, but it’s an improvement on the leopard starbursts.

Back
Top Bottom