2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

Thanks to TLA here are some more images from recent Elite Jersey Patch Signings. (sorry they aren't bigger images)

This one with Josh Reynolds from the Tigers.

JR1.jpg

JR2.jpg

JR3.jpg
Hey Matt , any idea how those auto cards are being held in the book? Can’t see any border like the patch cards , maybe my eyes ?

Is that because you are expecting the G&G supplied stock to be light on for the higher end cards?

Definately. That and the fact that I have had personal dealings with both Ikon and Michael for when I was more involved in the industry. I've always brought quantities from one or the other over the years.

As for quantity available to newsagencies I haven't even looked at what I will be getting from Ovato (Formerly Gordon & Gotch)
I know I will get some (but it's mainly the albums I'll be looking forward to from them)
If they restrict it to box by box that would be ridiculous. Two delivery days a week... Someone comes in on Thrusday and buys the stock you get nothing more until Monday. (If your lucky!)

So they can’t be removed as a separate card ?

No they are a booklet card........there is one long piece of cardboard at the back and there are 2 think pieces of card attached and fold closed on each other........like your wallet......unless you are using a 1990's Billabong Velcro one!

Like this NFL one below......

Open

1564487604451.png

1564487632185.png

Closed

Side

1564487659782.png

Front

1564487685126.png

Back

1564487710983.png

No they are a booklet card........there is one long piece of cardboard at the back and there are 2 think pieces of card attached and fold closed on each other........like your wallet......unless you are using a 1990's Billabong Velcro one!

Like this NFL one below......

Open

1564487604451.png

1564487632185.png

Closed

Side

1564487659782.png

Front

1564487685126.png

Back

1564487710983.png
Not a fan of that idea personally. How do they go about grading a card like that and also it takes the info that is usually on the back of the auto patches away . Also means the number would have to be on the booklet also . On the plus side it will save me $$ lol. Probably only chase the non auto now .

Not a fan of that idea personally. How do they go about grading a card like that and also it takes the info that is usually on the back of the auto patches away . Also means the number would have to be on the booklet also . On the plus side it will save me $$ lol. Probably only chase the non auto now .

Beckett/PSA grades them the same as any other card and the holders as shown in this thread are a great way to protect and store them.

I’m just glad we have Rugby league cards to collect still regardless, could be in same position a a-league & cricket collector..... that would suck (It’s stop me collecting a-league cards from 2013 onwards)

Surely you are not suggesting a bit of positivity about an upcoming NRL release?

Surely you are not suggesting a bit of positivity about an upcoming NRL release?
:rofl: I’m still on the fence, only because of stock dumping. Still it’s semi-decent product and the are limited Smith and Slater cards which will help my pocket. I say this as everyone hate the repetition of the Cameron Smith, Billy Slater & Thurston for that matter but didn’t stop them from hocking them off for max value on eBay.
Plus I really love the high-end product they have been doing and the help dealers give you so you can get a set & your team :)

No such thing as a perfect release, predominately because most collectors have preferences for card types etc. That being said, TLA's Elite release gets better every year and this one, on face value, looks to be a cracker. Time will tell once the cards are in hand though.

100% agree with this...…..I think this years product looks great (love the patch booklets and the league sensations) and I cant wait to see cases and boxes being busted hopefully soon!

Back
Top Bottom