2019 series 2 whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is crazy! Why was my comment deleted! For actually asking that we concentrate on cards and not slandering others????? Is this really what this page has come to?

Ok this is crazy! Why was my comment deleted! For actually asking that we concentrate on cards and not slandering others????? Is this really what this page has come to?

Wow and me agreeing with you has disappeared too, yet the pages of garbage still exist

D9451D3D-6973-4AA3-8F26-3434FE9046FC.png

Nope not minions at all. Tbh could t care less about your little tiff. Just think people should keep their issues as their own and grow up past the point they feel they need to slander and throw out pointless little pot shots at someone.

By all means disagree, by all means dislike that person but bloody well keep it to yourself or even better take it up with them like adults do

Let’s not forget you could pay $500 for a box of high end NBA and walk away with $50 worth of cards very easily, it’s not a new concept yet people keep buying the boxes.

Let’s not forget you could pay $500 for a box of high end NBA and walk away with $50 worth of cards very easily, it’s not a new concept yet people keep buying the boxes.

Yep but on the other hand you could buy a box and hit a $2000 card (in those nba).

Gamblers gamble on pokies, us card fanatics gamble on cards lol

Yes and maybe if it’s harder to make money from a box you will get less people buying to flip for an instant profit, which will stop people dumping the product so quickly and help to keep prices higher

Yes and maybe if it’s harder to make money from a box you will get less people buying to flip for an instant profit, which will stop people dumping the product so quickly and help to keep prices higher

If it’s harder to make money back from a box then I don’t see it selling very well. Our hobby here is different from the US.

Its success (or lack thereof) will lie in the amount and quality of signatures per box. If there were 3 quality signatures then 500 might not be a stretch. But its pretty clear select and collectors arent usually on the same page when it comes to what quality actually means. In a series of past greats at that price you would be expecting the players to be members of their clubs team of the century. Cult heroes and good journeymen arent going to cut it.

Its success (or lack thereof) will lie in the amount and quality of signatures per box. If there were 3 quality signatures then 500 might not be a stretch. But its pretty clear select and collectors arent usually on the same page when it comes to what quality actually means. In a series of past greats at that price you would be expecting the players to be members of their clubs team of the century. Cult heroes and good journeymen arent going to cut it.

You are spot on mate. Asking that price there will want to be some true legends in the mix, plus more than one hit per box. A signature or 2 plus a patch card minimum. I have tax money sitting aside and am willing to buy a box, but only if i see value. How good would it be if some older players donated jumped from their playing days and they were turned into patches.

Spot on player like Mcgough and Coughlin won't cut it at that price. As a gws and gc collector though it seems I will have a cheap off season. I personally loved future force and just hope draft cards come back in some form in future.

Yes but in the same release you have Wanganeen, Barassi, Daicos and others. Yes a few missed the mark with the "greats" name, but still some bloody good names in there, and a lot cheaper than $500. But guess we probably wont be able to compare the 2 releases just yet, more info is needed before we start arguing which was better lol.

High end release is not going to be bad for the industry. Everyone needs to relax.

People complaining that this release will be priced out of many collectors.

There is teamcoach as well as Series 1 and Series 2.

There is something for everyone.

I think an ultra-high end release will be very good for the market. These will sell.

Hard to say these will be good for the market when we don’t know what’s in it, and what market are you referring too? Box breaks yep the market will be strong won’t matter what it is, but reselling can’t really make a call either way until we see what’s in it, but the way the last couple of years have gone with prices bombing after just a few days it will be interesting to see which way it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom