2019 series 2 whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the name of the release due out in a month or so. Past players, possible premiership winning players themed.
Ahh ok did hear there was something coming but didn’t know the name, also heard it’s only available through selects website not sure if that’s true or not

Ahh ok did hear there was something coming but didn’t know the name, also heard it’s only available through selects website not sure if that’s true or not

I'm sure the cards are very nice but the various things I'm hearing 99% of ordinary collectors probably wont be able to afford the box price!

Yea I did end up hearing the same, how many cards per box as it sounds like we are heading down the NBA High end path

Haven't heard about how many per box yet. I just hope if Select want people to part with $500 for one box they had better give more information about it than what they do for series 2 these days. Not too many people will part with $500 without knowing what they might get for their money.

Haven't heard about how many per box yet. I just hope if Select want people to part with $500 for one box they had better give more information about it than what they do for series 2 these days. Not too many people will part with $500 without knowing what they might get for their money.
Yep agreed a checklist is a non negotiable before release at that price

I’m hearing $500 a box, or close to it.

At $500 a box (if that's correct) it has to be more a group break product.

It's a very narrow audience at that price for single box purchases and case purchases so group breaking is the only way it can be moved.

I'm pretty certain that the reason why no one is hearing much about it "publicly" yet is that Select wouldn't want to announce anything cause it would potentially stop further sales of the series 2 product.

At $500 a box (if that's correct) it has to be more a group break product.

It's a very narrow audience at that price for single box purchases and case purchases so group breaking is the only way it can be moved.

I'm pretty certain that the reason why no one is hearing much about it "publicly" yet is that Select wouldn't want to announce anything cause it would potentially stop further sales of the series 2 product.
I suspect group breaking only really benefits one party in the end

I suspect group breaking only really benefits one party in the end

Very true...….lets say what was reported above was correct $500 a box. Lets say its 6 boxes a case (no idea if it is.... but lets use that anyway).

That's $3000 RRP per case.

Even if its 18 clubs...….which if its a "Greats of the Game" Legends type product then the Gold Coast and GWS hits wont be that many.....but lets just use 18 teams for the sake of it.

At full retail, that's $166 per team spot in a group break which seems excessive.

It's not like series 2 where you bust a case and you will likely get back a heap of inserts and some rarer stuff.

I guess the question is based on the rough numbers above how many people would be willing to spend $166 per team spot and potentially get nothing in return?

Designed by box breakers for box breakers? For $500 a box straight off the bat, you’ll be hoping the value is there even if you don’t hit the monster case hit. 96 HOF is around that price, but that has been out for over 23 years.

shouldn't select be trying to encourage more collectors to enter/get involved in the hobby.
At $500 (if true) a box. many collectors would be hard stretched to afford a box.
we are Australia not the u.s.a...

shouldn't select be trying to encourage more collectors to enter/get involved in the hobby.
At $500 (if true) a box. many collectors would be hard stretched to afford a box.
we are Australia not the u.s.a...

I agree......they should be encouraging more collectors......not narrowing the market!

But as they say "he who pays the piper calls the tune" so its not beautiful music and lyrics they are making, but a song that sounds like a 3 year old with an out of tune recorder!

I'd be interested in any info on the new release if someone in the know could kindly PM.

While I agree with what a lot of you are saying i also think a very high end premium release would be great to see in our hobby. But in saying that i think $500 is far too much. I think a premium release with 5-6 cards per box, base set of about 50-60 cards, patches and dual/triple sigs, and a price of about $250-$300 would be great. Less rubbish and more of the good stuff.

Surely they will offer a discount if you pay via PayPal Gift. It’s their favourite method of payment recently and you can see the benefits as to why.

So is it confirmed that it will only be available through selects website? So that would mean no wholesale option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom