2019 NRL Glory Release Official Thread

My take after finally handling the release;

I really like the base set cards - what Elite should be like in terms of quality.

I really like the Charter Class white and the fact that they are not parallels of the base set. I've certainly found some of the snippets on the early players interesting.

The CCC are misnamed - should be CCBA or CCBS (brushed aluminium/steel). Someone at TLA has obviously never had a car with a REAL bumper bar to know what CHROME actually looks like! The only redeeming feature - they are serial numbered. I feel sorry for our #036 collector though (no, haven't got any!)!

Disappointing that you can't get a set of PS or FF in a case. The PS are a nice change in card type but the FF don't spin my bells at all as they feel/look too much like current cheap low level Elite/Traders inserts.

FFS are really nice but the higher inserts are a bit dull - not that I've handled an Immortal Redeemed sig card yet! At least there a couple of Manly legends to keep me :)=D>

PS: just as well these are not generally available over the counter as box searching would fairly easily pick out the rare INDS packs. Reminds me of 2012LE Jersey Inserts in that respect.

My take after finally handling the release;

I really like the base set cards - what Elite should be like in terms of quality.

I really like the Charter Class white and the fact that they are not parallels of the base set. I've certainly found some of the snippets on the early players interesting.

The CCC are misnamed - should be CCBA or CCBS (brushed aluminium/steel). Someone at TLA has obviously never had a car with a REAL bumper bar to know what CHROME actually looks like! The only redeeming feature - they are serial numbered. I feel sorry for our #036 collector though (no, haven't got any!)!

Disappointing that you can't get a set of PS or FF in a case. The PS are a nice change in card type but the FF don't spin my bells at all as they feel/look too much like current cheap low level Elite/Traders inserts.

FFS are really nice but the higher inserts are a bit dull - not that I've handled an Immortal Redeemed sig card yet! At least there a couple of Manly legends to keep me :)=D>

PS: just as well these are not generally available over the counter as box searching would fairly easily pick out the rare INDS packs. Reminds me of 2012LE Jersey Inserts in that respect.
Are the INDS pack thicker/heavier?

Not seeing much listed on feebay, are they drying up and people have stopped busting them?

Maybe there is? I was basing this on how few Lockyer signature cards have been listed. If anyone comes across a low numbered one or has one for sale please let me know.

Interesting.

As at Feb 4 wholesale prices go up, or that was the plan. If that occurs box prices will naturally go up, less will be broken and I would think less on the secondary market. This might push prices up further.

What a stupid idea prices going up

Due to the time of year and the very little advertising done, the price was reduced for early orders.

What ever the price from Feb 4 is, that's what the release price was meant to be......and don't ever expect it to change.

Interesting.

As at Feb 4 wholesale prices go up, or that was the plan. If that occurs box prices will naturally go up, less will be broken and I would think less on the secondary market. This might push prices up further.
I understand that that may well be the distributors strategy but what about the re-sellers who have bought product and who aren't moving enough of it at the current prices? I don't think they will do what Wang does and just ride it out long term. I would imagine the reality is they will lower prices to get a return on their investment and wont buy back in again at increased prices. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Currently from what I am seeing prices are doing the usual TLA thing and dropping and finding their mark. Regardless of supply it is demand that set the market price.

Regards
Ross

I understand that that may well be the distributors strategy but what about the re-sellers who have bought product and who aren't moving enough of it at the current prices? I don't think they will do what Wang does and just ride it out long term. I would imagine the reality is they will lower prices to get a return on their investment and wont buy back in again at increased prices. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Currently from what I am seeing prices are doing the usual TLA thing and dropping and finding their mark. Regardless of supply it is demand that set the market price.

Regards
Ross

As I said it will be interesting. Many releases with a TLA brand tend to drop in value quickly.

From what I can see, many retailers I am aware of have moved their product fairly well and will likely dive back in for a case or two prior to the price rise.

This release has also brought a few older collectors back out chasing a master which keeps things going a bit.

I have no issue with the price rise personally, I just hope it assists in the long term value.

Regards
Ross
totally correct Ross, those that really want the product would already have it, or it is on the way to them.
They would have there teams sets pretty much covered, it has been out for 16 days already, most collectors out not on this site would have the majority of it as well, most people will move heaven and earth to get it before a price rise.
In saying that, I do not expect a big rush once prices go up, should have done the smart thing and set a price in between and kept it that full stop. Product would then run smoother, and you will not get stuck with it mr.Wang.

totally correct Ross, those that really want the product would already have it, or it is on the way to them.
They would have there teams sets pretty much covered, it has been out for 16 days already, most collectors out not on this site would have the majority of it as well, most people will move heaven and earth to get it before a price rise.
In saying that, I do not expect a big rush once prices go up, should have done the smart thing and set a price in between and kept it that full stop. Product would then run smoother, and you will not get stuck with it mr.Wang.
But what do I care, it's not my business and I do not like mr wang anyway.

I am quite sure that wouldn’t concern him though. Like him or not, he is a businessman and a very successful one. I am certain he has crunched his numbers to a cent and will be at a point where he has made his outlay back already so the rest is profit.

He has done the same with Select which has helped keep single card prices up in a very low market.

I think the product is very ordinary personally and think there could of been a lot more thought and design put in to it

Yep, many have voiced that thought and each to their own. I am sure any release can be improved, this is a heritage based release and I am sure the more drab designs were for a reason. I personally like it and will collect it, yourself and others don’t which is also fine and as such they don’t collect it.

That being said, if you don’t like it then the price rise shouldn’t be a concern to you.

I am quite sure that wouldn’t concern him though. Like him or not, he is a businessman and a very successful one. I am certain he has crunched his numbers to a cent and will be at a point where he has made his outlay back already so the rest is profit.

He has done the same with Select which has helped keep single card prices up in a very low market.
Brendan, i have been informed, he has already made his outlay back and a lot more already.
So yes he is a very smart business man, and has been for a long time.
By all means if anyone wants more product buy it and make him richer.
Will not get any more repect by raising the cost

Back
Top Bottom