2019 NRL Glory Release Official Thread

Very true its a real shame

i don't understand this;

1543983710288.png

4 immortals on one card?

That would have to be 4 players on the same card as there is only 3 cards in the set with 140 of each ( 420 cases 1 per case )

I guess the signatures will be the same as the Churchill signature from Centenary ....

On the face of it, the release looks great and TLA have been on the improve release to release. Hopefully they do the Centenary release justice as that was the greatest release ever.
I liked 2014 Power Play or whatever it was called!
How good was that release?!?
💩

That would have to be 4 players on the same card as there is only 3 cards in the set with 140 of each ( 420 cases 1 per case )

I guess the signatures will be the same as the Churchill signature from Centenary ....

Yeah that's how it reads but then why the numbering IMS9 to IMS13 as that is 4 cards so why wouldn't they each have a unique card rather than as it says 4 immortals on one card.

Badly worded I imagine

Yeah that's how it reads but then why the numbering IMS9 to IMS13 as that is 4 cards so why wouldn't they each have a unique card rather than as it says 4 immortals on one card.

Badly worded I imagine
Maybe they are like the Triple Threat cards from Elite a few years back with 4 players, 3 in the background but 1 prominent....

Maybe they are like the Triple Threat cards from Elite a few years back with 4 players, 3 in the background but 1 prominent....

Yeah that would be OK a bit like Retirements even but then again there's that whole other subject about which club colours should be on them.

Firstly I think this release is looking great that Hornby common really "pops" . As Warren worked out with the maths of the release the 3rd IMS will all be the same card with 4 Immortals disrespected and jammed onto one card known as IMS8 to IMS13. I would like to know why they couldn't do one per player per card even if they cant find a facsimile signature of one of the old timers.

A check list would be good so we can work out which one of the players didn't participate. Hodges perhaps if his signature has been replaced by Geyer?

Some great cards in the base set when I look at the 25 Hall of Fame nominees

Greg Alexander, Royce Simmons, Gorden Tallis, Bob Lindner, Steve Renouf, Petero Civoniceva, Ricky Stuart, Kevin Walters, Michael O'Connor, Cliff Lyons, Steve Menzies, Mark Graham, Ruben Wiki, Stacey Jones, Paul Harragon, Danny Buderus, Craig Young, Rod Reddy, Denis Flannery, Elwyn Walters, Ian Moir, Jack Watkins, Peter Dimond, Ron Lynch, Wally O'Connell

Wonder whi tge Storm retirees are. I'm thinking Geyer, Hoffman, Slater will be three but the other two? Maybe Lima and White? Really struggling to think of another two who belong in the same group.

Wonder whi tge Storm retirees are. I'm thinking Geyer, Hoffman, Slater will be three but the other two? Maybe Lima and White? Really struggling to think of another two who belong in the same group.
Your right that is hard as outside the big names there been a lot of journey men maybe Dallas Johnson and all the other obvious ones retired too long ago Lazarus / Kearney

So this is a Steve Wang release? Looks pretty good!

If Wangy is true to form he will put upto 30-40% away to sell off once stock is sold off & wait 6 months & drip feed the archive stock at inflated prices. This will help keep the prices of the cards or increase their value which isn't a bad thing for the collectors...

If Wangy is true to form he will put upto 30-40% away to sell off once stock is sold off & wait 6 months & drip feed the archive stock at inflated prices. This will help keep the prices of the cards or increase their value which isn't a bad thing for the collectors...

This is likley the case.

Wang gets a say in the product make up and control of the distribution, TLA get up front deposit payments from Wang to fund production prior to the release.

The thing is that in this instance distribution is controlled and the product wont be dumped at discount prices within days of release which is good for collectors. Means the cards may retain some value.

The overall product looks ok and there are plenty of signatures in a case, my only concern is that the 1 per box signatures (having 400+ signatures of each player) the value of these may settle pretty low (maybe outside of Lockyer which will still be sought after).

You look at the best league sensations players from this years Elite (granted these arent legendary players) but a signature card limited to 90 is still only pulling anywhere from $45 - $75. If these are limited to 420 or there abouts I can see the lower end players being a $20 - $40 card.

Aside from that its nice to see some of the Greats of the game having some new cards to collect.

This is likley the case.

Wang gets a say in the product make up and control of the distribution, TLA get up front deposit payments from Wang to fund production prior to the release.

The thing is that in this instance distribution is controlled and the product wont be dumped at discount prices within days of release which is good for collectors. Means the cards may retain some value.

The overall product looks ok and there are plenty of signatures in a case, my only concern is that the 1 per box signatures (having 400+ signatures of each player) the value of these may settle pretty low (maybe outside of Lockyer which will still be sought after).

You look at the best league sensations players from this years Elite (granted these arent legendary players) but a signature card limited to 90 is still only pulling anywhere from $45 - $75. If these are limited to 420 or there abouts I can see the lower end players being a $20 - $40 card.

Aside from that its nice to see some of the Greats of the game having some new cards to collect.

Well articulated for a Panfers fan....

Back
Top Bottom