2019 NRL Glory Release Official Thread

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will these cards be available from newsagents?

No, very unlikely.

Some newsagents who used to stock series 2 Select and have accounts with Wangy would be able to purchase wholesale cases but I can’t see many springing north of 2k to stock the product.

Last edited:
Is it just me but the fact release day is tomorrow and there is little to no buzz about the product?

I know @Brendan_B is very keen.......but usually there is much more hype......especially about one that is supposed to be such a landmark release?

Is it just the time of year?

Is it just me but the fact release day is tomorrow and there is little to no buzz about the product?

I know @Brendan_B is very keen.......but usually there is much more hype......especially about one that is supposed to be such a landmark release?

Is it just the time of year?
yes Matt, I think the timing is very poor, some hard core collectors will be at it hard and fast.
With over 6 sets of cards for 1 calander year, me thinks they have bled people to exhaustion, I know a couple of dealers have already said no they will not be stocking the product any longer.
1 said they will not deal with wangy.
4th of january what are they thinking, absolute morons.
xmas, new years, holidays , all the other bills that come in around the end of the month etc.
a collector on hear said to me today, they were not impressed with the milstone set they received, $1500 wasted was the comment, sigs already downgraded to $30, a JT sig for 100.

I think the outlay and timing has certainly curbed enthusiasm. Collectors are so used to Elite now and that is $7.99 PP / 24 packs per box. Glory works out cheaper per packet and the hits that are available and the limited amount you will see on the market will help hold the value.

I will be suprised to see a Joey Immortal Signature under $700.

If I am a Collector considering buying a box or 2 I would buy now as box prices will jump up in February.

yes Matt, I think the timing is very poor, some hard core collectors will be at it hard and fast.
With over 6 sets of cards for 1 calander year, me thinks they have bled people to exhaustion, I know a couple of dealers have already said no they will not be stocking the product any longer.
1 said they will not deal with wangy.
4th of january what are they thinking, absolute morons.
xmas, new years, holidays , all the other bills that come in around the end of the month etc.
a collector on hear said to me today, they were not impressed with the milstone set they received, $1500 wasted was the comment, sigs already downgraded to $30, a JT sig for 100.

Regarding the Milestones Dave, I haven’t seen them in hand (tomorrow) and as such can’t comment on quality. I am led to believer they are comparable to last years Superhero LE release, if so I think under $100 per team set including a signature is good value.

The reason signatures are going so cheap is because of stock dumpers. The hobby is filled with those types now who are flash in the pan collectors and try to make a quick $$ and dump what they have. The art of collecting is dying ( NRL), such a shame.

I think Glory is a realistic chance for a master set that will hold value. It will be expensive but might promote trading again. It will take me years to put a master together but will be totally worth it.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed bugger all on glory. You would think they’ll be pumping it everywhere however I do recall every week in big league mags they have two pages at least. That’s one way stopping them advertise.

Though I do like the preview of product, however six sets over a year. Maybe drop one and space it out. Combine a few sets maybe to four over period of:
1. Before nrl starts (feb)
2. Start nrl to first SOO
3. SOO to round 20
4. Round 21 to mid October

Thus gives collectorsrest over Xmas and recover before ( dates can change) just slowly getting the feel of over kill and expensive

Just idea

As much as I would like to be positive, the amount of series produced in the last few years plus the number of signature cards numbered 100+ and all the parallel cards has no doubt devalued the market and has sent many a collector (me included now) to sell up and look for better hobbies to pursue. I hope for those still collecting that the Glory series holds value. With the exception of one or two immortal sigs I foresee another flood of cards on the market with not enough buyers thus lack of demand will see the values plummet after a couple of months. I’m really glad I timed my selling of my 2018 elite limited to 40 sigs @ 2 months after release as I made sensational coin due to the hype of a new release. If I left it to now or the future there is no way even the 40 limited sigs are going to hold any value. Greatest of luck to all that still chase cards just for the passion of it. Adios!

As much as I would like to be positive, the amount of series produced in the last few years plus the number of signature cards numbered 100+ and all the parallel cards has no doubt devalued the market and has sent many a collector (me included now) to sell up and look for better hobbies to pursue. I hope for those still collecting that the Glory series holds value. With the exception of one or two immortal sigs I foresee another flood of cards on the market with not enough buyers thus lack of demand will see the values plummet after a couple of months. I’m really glad I timed my selling of my 2018 elite limited to 40 sigs @ 2 months after release as I made sensational coin due to the hype of a new release. If I left it to now or the future there is no way even the 40 limited sigs are going to hold any value. Greatest of luck to all that still chase cards just for the passion of it. Adios!

Shame to lose you from the hobby Vic. All the best with with your new venture.

The pricing of cards has always been an interesting one, very subjective and ‘only worth what someone will pay’ we’re common guidelines.
The simple fact now is that many collectors don’t want to pay what a card is worth because they have seen it much cheaper elsewhere and think that should be the value.

I can’t see Glory flooding the market as Wangy will drip feed cases.

One question I saw raised after seeing the physical cards, why don't the cards have any Glory branding on them?

All of them just say NRL Special Edition?

One question I saw raised after seeing the physical cards, why don't the cards have any Glory branding on them?

All of them just say NRL Special Edition?
Thought the same thing when I spottted the kimmorly Auto on eBay ??

Over all great collation of cards. Pictures of main hits, no number 1,s. Complete set 12 sig cards in case. Complete sets commons in box, no doubles in inserts except silver (Get a Complete set). and green Charter class. Really happy with how cards look and feel. Case cards Frank Burge.

glory 001.jpg

glory 002.jpg

glory 003.jpg

glory 004.jpg

glory 005.jpg

glory 007.jpg

glory 009.jpg

glory 010.jpg

glory 011.jpg

glory 012.jpg

glory 013.jpg

glory 006.jpg

I know I will be called Mr Negative here.....but Green Foil on Beige cards doesn't really look that great.

The cards that have some colour on them look ok or the Gold Foil on the Immortals looks nice.....but even in sets like the NBA unless it matches the team colour, Green Foil doesn't really look that great.

Just my opinion.

I know I will be called Mr Negative here.....but Green Foil on Beige cards doesn't really look that great.

The cards that have some colour on them look ok or the Gold Foil on the Immortals looks nice.....but even in sets like the NBA unless it matches the team colour, Green Foil doesn't really look that great.

Just my opinion.

Settle down Mr Negative...

I think that as a stand alone card (haven’t seen these in hand yet) that kind of ‘blander’ look suits the nostalgic & historical nature of the release. Many of the 08 Centenary cards were similar, a bit bland and plain but when combined as a set they looked schmick!!

Back
Top Bottom