2018 Panini World Cup Prism

Brandboy20

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Reece
eBay User
brandboy20
Was looking on cardboardconnections and they have a breakdown and release day (25/04/2018) on the World Cup Series.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2018-panini-prizm-world-cup-soccer-cards

Was wondering how many other people are looking at busting a few boxes or going after certain Play/Autos depending when checklist gets released and who has signed.
Just I have no idea, what to expect when it comes to Panini products besides a million Parallels inserts.
Any help/comments and or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
:)

Expect a million parallels.......... that's what has and always will, keep me away from most Panini cards.

Tempted to crack a few Panini World Cup 2018 cases open and give the Futera a miss this year. I wouldn't mind getting a parallel set together, maybe one or two other subsets plus autos depending on difficulty and pricing.

I'll probably get a few packs at the $5 price. Not bad considering you can hit a Ronaldo auto. Are the dual triple and quad autos only featuring the players that signed the regular autos does any one know?

G'day,

I'll probably collect the Australian players. Can someone please tell me the best websites to purchase the hard-to-get parallels. I'm still trying to find the green crystal, gold and gold power AUS parallels from the 2014 Prizm collection.

Thanks

Haven't seen any updates on checklists and player autos with release about 3 weeks away. How close to release date do Panini generally give details of the full set?

Haven't seen any updates on checklists and player autos with release about 3 weeks away. How close to release date do Panini generally give details of the full set?
Sometimes only a couple of days/ a week a before.

That's not very good by Panini for anyone who wants to pre-order not knowing who's signed. I noticed on the Panini blog that there's also a National Treasures release in early June claiming debut signatures including Phillipe Coutinho who's listed as one of the prizm autos on the link provided by Alan further up the thread. Is he going to debut twice?

https://blog.paniniamerica.net/2018...ok-at-2018-national-treasures-soccer-gallery/

@baggies The 2014 World Cup release, they ended up giving an auto list that had a heap of names on it.... by the time of the release the auto list had diminished a fair bit. Names like Ronaldo (Original), Ronaldinho, etc were named but never eventuated. They're probably saving some backlash by not listing the list until it's all 100%.

That makes sense but nothing stopping them from releasing more of the ones they know. Maybe Coutinho is not signing Prizm if he's debuting National Treasures.

Expect a million parallels.......... that's what has and always will, keep me away from most Panini cards.
Here's the checklist on Alans site:
https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogs...nini-fifa-world-cup-2018-russia-prizm_11.html

And yep, look at all these parallels of the base cards! 23 variations in total of each:
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Silver
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Hyper
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Lazer
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Mojo
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Red Mosaic
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Black/Gold Wave
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Green/Orange Wave
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Red/Blue Wave
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Blue #/199
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Red #/149
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Light Blue Lazer #/125
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Purple #/99
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Orange #/65
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Pink Lazer #/40
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Green Crystals #/25
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Camo #/20
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Gold Lazer #/15
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Gold #/10
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Gold Power #/5
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Blue Shimmer (1st Off the Line exclusive) #/5
PARALLEL: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Black 1/1
VARIATION: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Prizm - Cyrillic Text

Madness!

@Wattsup Stuff that, I won't be going anywhere near these. The autograph list doesn't seem that crash hot bar one or two players. Not many new signers too.

In 2014 when Panini made their first soccer release, it wasn't perfect, however it was a very very good release. They soon realised that the soccer card market is huge! They then proceeded to milk it as much as possible and went overboard over the past 4 years with release upon release. Where has this all led too...... boxes at release being $180US then 2 months down the track they are being flogged for $80US, well done Panini, you greedy grilled cheese merchants.

I've just opened 1st box from a case and can't work out which prizm is which. Some look the same as the base cards with prizm under the number, others are easier to separate. Got a Gylfi Sigurdsson signature, Admir Mehmedi 035/149 & Shinji Kagawa 085/199 numbered cards.

Just hit a Camo Prizm Pepe 03/20 Jersey # a few small dart holes in the front
IMG_7034.JPG

Back
Top Bottom