2017 Regal Football Greats of the Game

Andy Collins and Richie Vandenberg were great servents but don't get me too excited as a Hawks collector. Still wouldn't mind seeing the whole checklist though.

Andy Collins and Richie Vandenberg were great servents but don't get me too excited as a Hawks collector. Still wouldn't mind seeing the whole checklist though.

I was told the checklist is out tomorrow and I did hear a rumour that there may be something lethal in there for you.

Through all the releases, I have seen Kouta, Ang Christou and Vin Catoggio for Carlton.
Royce Hart, Malthouse (as a player) and John Ronaldson for Richmond.
So is there is at least 3 representations for each club?
I guess checklist will reveal all.

Through all the releases, I have seen Kouta, Ang Christou and Vin Catoggio for Carlton.
Royce Hart, Malthouse (as a player) and John Ronaldson for Richmond.
So is there is at least 3 representations for each club?
I guess checklist will reveal all.
Not sure on this. But I am aware of three former Eagles players.

Malaxos and ???
All good, I guess we'll find out when the checklist is released.
Lots of Premiership heroes and past greats for the Eagles. Will be interesting
Like others, I've been sworn to secrecy. But one I'm pretty happy with and will chase. The other doesn't really excite me. I suppose he is in the mould that Blown8 mentioned (above) when talking about Hawks players; a reasonable club servant.

this list is compiled from all of the promotional material released so far

Carlton - Kouta, Ang Christou, Vin Catoggio
Collingwood - Daicos, Phil Carman, Malthouse (Coach)
Essendon - T.Daniher, Reynolds
Geelong - Brian Peake
Hawthorn - Andy Collins, Richie Vandenberg
Melbourne - John Beckwith, Ron Barassi
Richmond - Royce Hart, John Ronaldson, Malthouse (player)
WCE - Malaxos, 2 others confirmed
Port - Wanganeen
Adelaide - Greg Anderson
Bulldogs - Kelvin Templeton
Sydney - Capper, Leo Barry
Others - Jimmy Melbourne, Bill Walker, John Todd

From what I've seen, no word on Saints or North Melbourne

Any I've missed?

FB_IMG_1509620830422.jpg
Brian Peake

Ashley Hansen? Don't get me wrong, as a premiership Eagle and former Swan Districts player I've got a lot of love for the guy. But I never thought I'd see the day when he was included in a "Greats of the Game" set!

Mark mcgough a great of the game, surely regal is taking the piss with that 1

And Mark Coughlan. Coughlan won a B&F and played less than 100 games, McGough won an Anzac medal and played less than 50 games, hardly greats lol. Hansen also played less than 80 games but at least he won a premiership.
Interesting on the back of the Malthouse coach tribute card it lists his total games coached but only lists his Collingwood achievements. Did they forget he coached in 3 grand finals with the Eagles winning 2 of them, one being their first ever.
Nothing showing the Reynolds cut signature card. Wonder if they are hiding a few things, @Matt26 mentioned a possible Lethal card in the set, but nothing listed here.

greats of the game including mcgough zanotti fox coughlan middlemiss geeves c.hansen* cook vandenburg benison: serious

Ashley Hansen? Don't get me wrong, as a premiership Eagle and former Swan Districts player I've got a lot of love for the guy. But I never thought I'd see the day when he was included in a "Greats of the Game" set!

I couldn't agree more. I was hoping for a P.Matera, D.Kemp, J.Worsfold, C.Lewis, K.Langdon, P.Wilson, D.Wirrpanda

Nup.

We get Ash Hansen. Yeah he was good in the 06 GF but he only played 78 games of footy for the club. Hardly a greats of the game.

John Todd. He was so poor as the Eagles Head Coach in 89 we couldn't get him out the door quick enough.

Ross Glendinning. Sure he was our first captain but only played two seasons and was more a champion at North.

Steven Malaxos. Yep a total of 75 games of AFL. Oh and also has the dubious honour of being the first Captain dropped by the club, during the finals no less and never returned to the side.

So Century signatures are numbered to 100 which is a pretty bland list =2500

Everything else low numbered = 978

Ouch, it's going to hurt like hell spending 140.00 and pulling a century signature.

I hope Regal have more up their sleeve than this or Bruce is going to have to buy up big.

At 140.00 a box with this kind of selection....

mb8msge.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom