Noticed they had some promo sheets up on Clouts n Chara's store page

pzJcru5.jpg

YY7AnAn.jpg

0BuYIpU.jpg

WDLJkZn.jpg

6oZuXRy.jpg

2DiKhDV.jpg

kGFGy22.jpg

Mind you given how f---ed off with Topps I am at the moment over those redemptions*, I'm not sure I'm going to bother with Knockout this year.

* nearly two months since they initially said they were complete and I'd receive them shortly, and they're still listed as Pending. And now they're just not responding to emails.

Laz.. I have had items arrive at my door and on the site they still say that they are pending... their system is inadequate for the amount of redemption's they put out and i think and they don't update their fulfilled stuff online as often as they should.

Doesn't help in that 2 months I submitted a Tate redemption that has been fulfilled and updated accordingly. Doesn't help they haven't responded to my last two emails, or in any of their previous responses supplied me with any shipping info.

Yet one email to Panini and I know a quad booklet still needs one sig, and another is yet to be returned from the signee.

Topps are shocking with their redemptions and getting updates from them is near impossible.

I waited nearly two years for a 1/1 Printing Plate auto of Rashad Evans before asking for a replacement.

To my surprise within a few days after asking for a replacement they got back to me.

Doesn't look like there is much new in this release, have they hit the ceiling in regards to MMA cards/designs/ideas?

I really don't think so... as i have said before UFC is a rapidly growing sport filled with enthusiastic followers ..Thats why we are are here talking about this topic right?
Im glad to be a part of the start of UFC/MMA card industry..even though this kick stated in 2009 the masses have shown that they need the product !
One thing i am sick of is topps releasing 1/1 cards that are just a parallel version of base cards.. seriously MAKE A 1/1 SPECIAL...single colored relics?..sticker Auto's?
Give me a nice 3 clr relic on card auto!!!!!!!
This is just the beginning of UFC entering the collectors paradise and US guys that follow know that there is only BETTER TO COME:D

Doesn't look like there is much new in this release, have they hit the ceiling in regards to MMA cards/designs/ideas?

I've got mixed feelings. On one hand, they've added a bit more flair to the triple threads, they're less samey than previous years. But at the same time, that nickname auto design is god-awful. Not feeling the base cards either. I'd love for them to get back to basics and leave all the grunge/brushed metal/bevel & emboss behind.

I really don't think so... as i have said before UFC is a rapidly growing sport filled with enthusiastic followers ..Thats why we are are here talking about this topic right?
Im glad to be a part of the start of UFC/MMA card industry..even though this kick stated in 2009 the masses have shown that they need the product !
One thing i am sick of is topps releasing 1/1 cards that are just a parallel version of base cards.. seriously MAKE A 1/1 SPECIAL...single colored relics?..sticker Auto's?
Give me a nice 3 clr relic on card auto!!!!!!!
This is just the beginning of UFC entering the collectors paradise and US guys that follow know that there is only BETTER TO COME:D

I like 1/1 base cards. They carry that uniqueness without breaking the bank. Plus its fun to complete rainbows (speaking of which, should hopefully complete another in a week or so :D).

Given how vague the authenticity of the relics are, I find it hard sometimes to justify the price people ask. And while mat relics can be attributed to specific time and place, they seem less personal.

As for sticker autos, that's Topps for you. Some people questioned the authenticity of Roy Nelson's first UFC auto cards because they had the old foil Topps sticker. Nelson even denied signing them when quizzed about it on Twitter. Turns out they're genuine because Topps got them done when they were supposed to do a card set for the IFL, before it folded.

I'm really hoping Upper Deck or Panini can pinch the UFC off Topps. Hell, I'd even prefer Leaf.

I'm really hoping Upper Deck or Panini can pinch the UFC off Topps. Hell, I'd even prefer Leaf.

With you on that one Laz ! I also think that those companies would offer a wider variety of product .At the moment Topps can delegate what they call a high end product and to be honest i think Bloodlines and Knockout are too expensive for what you get....considering that Beckett book values on UFC cards are nowhere near NBA and the likes...

No Shoguns other then a base card. What a disgrace lol. Good luck with the breaks. That Ronda glove triple threads on the promo sheet is pretty epic looking.

Im also disapointed theres only a base card for Shogun. But seems to be alot of cards for quite a few promising up and comers! Am looking forward to busting a box hopefully by end of next week!

Yeah it's kind of a weird checklist.. Bigfoot and N. Diaz lucked out a fair bit too.
How can they miss some of the bigger names but include fighters that are not even a top 10 ranking fighter?

Yeah it's kind of a weird checklist.. Bigfoot and N. Diaz lucked out a fair bit too.
How can they miss some of the bigger names but include fighters that are not even a top 10 ranking fighter?

Either they've given up chasing fighters and there's fewer redemptions

or its all getting to expensive for them now

Either they've given up chasing fighters and there's fewer redemptions

or its all getting to expensive for them now

I think you've knocked it on the head Laz.
I already see a BJ Penn on ebay and it looks like the base auto numbered to /25. (may be a parallel but knockouts have never had /25s).

So either UFC are charging topps heaps for the top line fighter autos OR Topps are banking all their premium fighter autos for an UBER high end product????? The conspiracy starts here......:cautious:

Back
Top Bottom