2014 ESP Elite info discussion thread (Flyer P22 - Checklist P41)

Are we able to be kept updated by ESP as to which of the #001 Sensations have been redeemed?

When I visited ESP in February there was mention that the cards were to be signed in blue pen and they were also going to be signed horizontally.

A lot of people don't realise this but there was also mention of plans for a redemption card #/25 in Elite for a piece of a a game used ball used in the Auckland 9's Grand Final.

I asked about this when the sell sheet was announced and was told that the Auckland 9's intellectual property was outside of the bounds of the licence ESP hold and they couldn't proceed with this. They also couldn't get the ball from the NRL.

They are trying different things but often there are other factors at play which limits them doing things like this.

Cheers
Matt
There is talk of pieces of league jerseys (similiar to 2012 limited edition) being brough back by ESP

When I visited ESP in February there was mention that the cards were to be signed in blue pen and they were also going to be signed horizontally.

A lot of people don't realise this but there was also mention of plans for a redemption card #/25 in Elite for a piece of a a game used ball used in the Auckland 9's Grand Final.

I asked about this when the sell sheet was announced and was told that the Auckland 9's intellectual property was outside of the bounds of the licence ESP hold and they couldn't proceed with this. They also couldn't get the ball from the NRL.

They are trying different things but often there are other factors at play which limits them doing things like this.

Cheers
Matt

At least they are trying to do differant things, with all due respect to our freinds at Select they failed to do this thus falling into the re-run trap and it wasnt until their last release, When ESP took the liscence, that they ventured out with ideas and produced some nice cards....
I will admit the 1st 1 or 2 ESP releases were some what questionable in many respects but they are flying well now :) ... a couple of production run issues (pen Marks and a few error cards) but they are doing ok and giving us new cards every year, selects club players, ToTY, tps and predictors and lets not go to the champions and the "Gems" all got a bit hum drum.....
and lets not forget we, the collector, can now get the #1's along with a framed jersey (possibly signed) thats just awesome stuff if you ask me :)

Does everyone think the league sensations and young guns will happen every year or will we see changes to the top end cards?

Not sure, I like to see a lower end sig release like we always had with TP's and even the current elite sigs. I would however love to see a case hit for elite or even one per few cases

Now that ESP are tracking in the right direction, they seem to be willing to give collectors what they want (within the bounds of their licence). So I'd expect that all of these things could be made possible with future releases. I agree that memorabilia & game worn/used cards would be my high point.
:)
I need a drooling emoticon for that last sentence.

Does anyone know if the 1/1 redemptions are going to become a regular thing. While i think the idea of the jersey is good as a bonus I think Releasing a card that there is only one of is actually bad. I think it will disillusion alot of collectors as now only 1 person can ever have a complete collection be that 2014 elite or team collections. For me the /40 captain sigs from 04 was a bit demotivating however at least there was 40 and if you are prepared to pay you can get them. With this possibly regardless of the price you are prepared to pay you may never even see the number one redemption card let alone have the chance to own it.

Does anyone know if the 1/1 redemptions are going to become a regular thing. While i think the idea of the jersey is good as a bonus I think Releasing a card that there is only one of is actually bad. I think it will disillusion alot of collectors as now only 1 person can ever have a complete collection be that 2014 elite or team collections. For me the /40 captain sigs from 04 was a bit demotivating however at least there was 40 and if you are prepared to pay you can get them. With this possibly regardless of the price you are prepared to pay you may never even see the number one redemption card let alone have the chance to own it.

When you put it like that - you make a valid point.

The card isnt actually a 1/1 its exactly the same card as the other 129 cards like it just that it comes with a framed jersey.

The card isnt actually a 1/1 its exactly the same card as the other 129 cards like it just that it comes with a framed jersey.

Yeah, but is there not only one redemption card...

I recognise that it is a little pedantic but i can see Richard's point in terms of a rigid collectors interpretation of having a Master Set of a particular Series.

Yeh i am talking about the redemption. I know the sigs are the same and i am not really bothered by particular numbers however there is now only 1 redemption card and i know on this forum alone there is more then one bulldogs team collector so there is no way all of us can have complete collections anymore

I have 5 of the women in league redemptions. Does anyone know if they can be all sent in one envelope via registered post or do they have to be sent separately?

Back
Top Bottom