2014-15 NBA Playoffs Thread - SPOILERS!!!!

The splash bros could tighten up in the finals then it'll be game on will be up tomorrow 5.30am to barrack the pellies on.
Also that Clippers and Spurs game will be an awesome game.

People giving the Pels hope are dreaming! They win 1 game at home max I think.

Warriors 4-1
Spurs 4-3
Mavs 4-3
Grizzlies 4-2

Cavs 4-0
Hawks 4-1
Raptors 4-2
Bulls 4-1

Warriors are ridiculously talented and SUPER deep. With tighter rotations in the playoffs, they are going to be TOUGH! WCF for sure if healthy

Cavs will get a cakewalk to the ECF, again, only health can stop them

Spurs/Clips will be an awesome series I think. I hate the Clips with a passion, so the losses will hurt, I just hope the stop at 3

I'm calling a Mavs upset. They have a good roster that has not yet clicked properly, but if Dirk takes the lead, Monta can score at a good % and Rondo can defer, they are a shot. Houston relies on foul calls too much and the playoffs will see their soft fouls drop and Harden won't shoot 25 ftg anymore. If the Mavs can get Dwight in foul trouble, they will be a great chance!

Bring on the morning!!

Warriors - Don't think they'll make it all the way to the finals, perhaps western conference finals....just not sure how they'll fare in playoff type basketball. The offensive focussed teams always seem to bow out early. Curry a lock for MVP though...
Clippers - Couple of disappointing playoff series so far, but with the home court advantage, deep and hungry roster I reckon they'll be able to knock off an aging (ageless?) Spurs outfit in 6 or 7 games.
Rockets - Mavs don't even mix well on paper, let alone on the floor. Rockets pretty easily for me. I reckon they could be in the Western Conference Finals.
Grizzlies - My type of guys - grizzled veterans who play grind it out low post basketball and gnarly defence. The type of basketball that needs to be played in the post season. I like Portland too but injuries have taken their toll...not this year.

Cavs - Not a big Cavs fan, still ironing out the wrinkles in their game play. I just really have no hope for the Celtics. The fact that the C's are even in the playoff picture is a bit of a joke...
Hawks - Solid club with good solid contributers, but championship teams need champion calibre players who step it up in the post season. Nets could pinch a couple games...Hawks are a safe bet though.
Raptors - Toughest call for me, Raptors because they have more guys who can turn it up a notch in big games and have a deeper roster. Battle of the backcourt!
Bulls - If they fire on all cylinders and stay healthy they could be in the eastern conference finals instead of the Cavs. Solid, solid nucleus...and a well rounded roster.

People giving the Pels hope are dreaming! They win 1 game at home max I think.
/QUOTE]

You forget one thing Adam.....

The power of Pondexter! Almost brought down the Spurs single handedly last year! lol In all seriousness, he did step it up in the playoffs last season, so let's just hope he has a good series!

VS GSW this season...
2015-04-07 27-028 NOP GSW W (+3) 1 34:11 6 7 .857 4 4 1.000 4 5 .800 0 0 0 1 0 0 4 2 20
2015-03-20 27-010 NOP @ GSW L (-16) 1 26:57 4 9 .444 3 5 .600 4 4 1.000 0 3 3 2 0 0 1 0 15

Q-Pon ftw!

A lot of chatter about the really unbalanced playoff structure - again yes, but maybe something will change with this new commissioner. Seems likely.

A lot of chatter about the really unbalanced playoff structure - again yes, but maybe something will change with this new commissioner. Seems likely.

Gosh I hope it changes, for the betterment of the League.

NO had some early Playoff jitters and GS are looking great behind Curry, Bogut and the rest.

I loved seeing Pierce come through, as he always does. Legend.

Well they made a game of it, behind a huge 4th qtr from Anthony Davis, but Warriors get the win. And a few things to think about, were up 25 at one stage and should've been able to give the starters some rest.

4 in 5 mins is nuts! Shane he is gonna be in foul trouble most of the game!
:)
F@#&in Joey Crawford and crew just stifled the entire momentum of the Rockets offense and defense by calling all these dubious foul calls.

Warriors just in cruise mode at the moment and up 19 at the half.
Trip dub watch - Draymond Green 4pts 6reb 5ast, Curry 19pts
Davis 11pts and QPon 8pts @skip20

Q-Pon 20 pts, 9 reb, 6 ast, 2 stks.... Great game from Draymond though, didn't see that coming. GSW won the battle of the boards which is one aspect I thought the Pelicans were gonna smash them (Asik, Brow - SFs and a backcourt which can board)...

Tyreke out after 12 minutes was pretty crippling though. Although I'm not sure why Jrue is only garnering 21 mpg off the bench. Norris Cole?! 34mpg?! Seriously?! I know he had a good outing last time against the Warriors but this is the playoffs - if Jrue can play 20 minutes he can play 35...

One idea I think they were keen on emphasising rivalries within divisions even more. Kind of like breaking the Pacific Dvision into say Lakers, Clippers, Warriors who play X times a year, other pacific teams half of that amount, other western conference teams half of that again and esatern conference teams even less. Most divisions can be broken up pretty nicely e.g. Mavs, Spurs, Rockets etc. I think the midwest has some problems but nothing insurmountable. Forget hwo they were goignto do the playoffs but it was well covered too.

Pretty sure the players reps are against an increased season length which would rule out each team playing each team the same number of times.

Another shocking survey result IMO

image.jpg

Wow, this one is crazy.

What was the other shocking one? :)

Clips looked pretty legit today. I certainly hope the Spurs can make the adjustments.

Great to see MEM doing their thing, that squad is gonna roll GS I think.

All of those surveys are rigged! Lol

I hope they can make adjustments too I can't stand L.A. ! I'd rather watch the Lakers!

All of those surveys are rigged! Lol

I hope they can make adjustments too I can't stand L.A. ! I'd rather watch the Lakers!

I HATED the Clips about 2 years ago. I know drob50 hates them still, I've come to admire Chris Paul a lot. Crawford and Redick are great to watch too. All this team needs is a complete makeover to grab some more fans. Ditch the loser Clips name and get some better colours to go with the new name.

But I really hope the Spurs can get through them, but it's going to be tough.

Back
Top Bottom