2014-15 NBA Playoffs Thread - SPOILERS!!!!

ROUND 1:

WEST

Warriors def Pelicans 4-0
Grizzlies def Blazers 4-1
Clippers def Spurs 4-3
Rockets def Mavericks 4-1

EAST
Hawks def Nets 4-2
Wizards def Raptors 4-0
Bulls def Bucks 4-2
Cavs def Celtics 4-0

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised by this

I reckon that would be the best series and both teams were hot ending the season. Warriors and Pelicans have me intrigued though especially the fact that the Pelicans could summon it within them to get a victory over the Spurs on the last day. That may boost their confidence and believe that they can win a few games against the Warriors. I wouldn't be surprised at the end of next season, that Anthony Davis will be hoisting the MVP trophy if the Pelicans can improve to a 55 win team.

im actually hoping cp3 delivers and upsets the Spurs, this is going to be the best 1st round match up i've watched in a while =). Cannot wait.
I am rooting for the underdog (Cp3 is my favorite pg and top 3 player). Imho behind Harden he is more an MVP than Curry in my eyes (take away cp3 and the clippers are nothing more than a 9-12best team in west) and def not making the playoffs, i'd say the warriors are still playoff material.

I'm not surprised that you're not surprised
MOST people want to watch Spurs Clippers??? Not the Warriors and Anthony Davis? Come on it has to be rigged...

Clippers are a contender? For what? Couldn't even with the West IMO

I'm not surprised that you're not surprised
MOST people want to watch Spurs Clippers??? Not the Warriors and Anthony Davis? Come on it has to be rigged...

Clippers are a contender? For what? Couldn't even with the West IMO

Well the Clips beat GS last year and they've finished tied 2nd in the WEST this year, I'd say that makes them contenders.

LA fans probably jumped ship and voted a lot in this, along with the one team town the Spurs are from.

I want to watch AD as well, but most are tipping 4-1 at best.

You need to watch less of washed up KG and more of a legit clippers squad.

Wow had a bad day did we? Straight to the KG line
I watch barely any TWolves, even if I did, he doesn't play.... Lol

I've watched plenty of NBA this season - a huge variety, including condensed games as they're more time efficient if I can't watch the full game and just wanna see how teams won etc - Clippers are not contenders. They have no chance.

Had a great day actually

Just think you're completely wrong about the Clips and you have no idea.

Gonna be a tough series for the Spurs. Hopefully they get through.

Maybe you should find another source of useless stats Matt, one that agrees with you.
Had a great day actually

Just think you're completely wrong about the Clips and you have no idea.

Gonna be a tough series for the Spurs. Hopefully they get through.

I have no idea?, find some useless stats? You've either had a bad day or your just being a dick with the personal attacks lol

My opinion was that I was surprised that the NBA survey was so heavily weighted in favour of people wanting to watch Clippers Spurs over any other matchup of the playoffs! Fair frickin point I'd say! Have a chill and a beer or whatever man, sheesh

oh, and here, knock yourself out, put a few $$ on Clips:

Ha ha, wow, there's no personal attack until you called me a "d*ck". Grow up dude.

You're the one laughing away at others opinions.

2 other people above are also looking forward to the the Clips vs Spurs.

You obviously have no idea if you're so gobsmacked still.

Calling you out is childish huh? Ok man. Enjoy the playoffs.

I'll get on the Clips if they beat the Spurs. I won't bet against my team, although that would be a great win/win situation for me, either I get money or the Spurs go through.

I've got some $$$ on SA and MEM to win the West. For some reason I think GS are gonna slip up.

At the end of the day,

GS, MEM, LAC and SA are the West contenders. I don't think HOU have enough and POR are too banged up.

Might have to get some predictions in and see how we go.

So Matt, if the Spurs lose to LAC, will the Clips become contenders yet? They'll have no problems with HOU in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Ok here it goes

Warriors 4-1 - I'm glad to see AD go to work and I think they can get one game, but this is all GS.

Grizzlies 4-1 - Horrible finish to the season for MEM with all the injuries but they should still get this.

Spurs 4-2 - My heart says the Spurs, but my head says LAC. Spurs have been playing playoff ball for the last 14 games only to move up one measly spot in the rankings. This is the worst possible match up they could have gotten and they will not have home court at all these Playoffs. Not confident at all.

Rockets 4-2 - I would love to see a Dirk classic in this series, but I'm not sure DAL have an answer for Harden. Rondo would have to step up but he seems like he's had an eye on Free agency all season.

Hawks 4-0 - The Nets are boring as hell to watch and the sooner they're out the better. They may steal a game, but we'll see.

Wizards 4-2 - I think TOR will be a tough out but I can't see the Wiz leaving the Playoffs so soon. Hopefully there's a Pierce gem in there somewhere.

Bulls 4-1 - I hope the Bulls can challenge the Cavs next and I think they have far too much experience for the Bucks.

Cavs 4-0 - LeBron wanted the playoffs to start a month ago, let's see you do something special then big guy.