2013 ESP Elite NRL Cards Thread (Updated 5/8/13)

Champion thanks for that Dave.

Just need the two fast & furious golds mentioned front and back to anyone that may be able to help !!

:lol: didnt even read that before haha

Elite 03.jpg

The NZ exclusive distributor is friends with a guy at ESP. When I told them about the #001s they rang to check and it was confirmed (obviously). The guy at ESP stated that it was very common for card manufacturers to follow this practice and made reference to Select doing it for 7 years. Not that this information that is particularly helpful to anyone, but it was nice to have a distributor that communicates with ESP and is quite open to the collectors. The distributor here has been very customer focussed so far. :thumbsup:

It would be great if one of the people talking to ESP from this site would actually blatantly ask them to give the #001s back to collectors as a goodwill gesture (I am deadset serious). They could be randomly given to members of this site (the collecting hub of Australasia) via the same process used to decide the giveaway comps. As far as I am concerned once they were advertised on the box covers and flyers, they were no longer theirs to keep. Giving them back would restore a lot of faith in the company. (I know I am completely dreaming, but you have to hope...)

I'd love to hear another example other than Select in reference to card manufacturers that do it. I seem to remember people jumping for joy when Select gave up the licence because there was no chance another manufacturer would do the same thing. If ESP are using Select as a reference for doing it they probably don't realise that Select attracted alot of heat for it.

I'm a little lost on all the numbers. Here's what I do know. I purchased a case. Had worked out exactly what I was meant to get fo rmy case and the numbers were spot on. On every single packet that I opened here are the insert odds:

Parallels - 144 cards 1 per pack
Triple Treat - 48 cards 1 per 6 packs
Australian Rep 2012 - 18 cards 1 per 12 packs
Fast & Furious - 16 cards 1 per 24 packs
Fast & Furious Gold Special - 16 cards 1 per 72 packs
Future Stars Signature Cards - 20 cards 105 per player
League Sensation Signature Cards - 16 cards 130 per player

I'm not sure where the odds came from for the signature cards, but I can't find anywhere on packets or flyers where it states the odds for actually getting Signature cards. It just states how many there are in the set and how many per player. There are no actual odds for signature cards. It also states that these ratios are not guaranteed to be exactly included in all boxes or cases. I can't even see where the boxes are even numbered. I am in no way sticking up for ESP at all, cause I was pissed that I didn't get my case on the actual release date, it came a couple of days later. For all we know maybe 576 cases were released. A certain amount of those cases could have been allocated for packets on albums and starter packs as well as just boxes for stores. Clearly nobody knows how many cases were actually released except for ESP themselves.
As for the number 1's debate, well personally I don't give a rats arse about signatures, cause I don't collect them. Just can't afford them. It would however be nice to know that all the numbers are in circulation. That's the thrill of opening packets to see if you do snare that number 1 card. Holding them back, well that takes the fun out of it really. If not, the numbers that have been kept, should either be auctioned off and the money goes to the players concerned charity or given away as prizes.
To me if you are buying just packets or starter packs then you are decreasing your chances of getting higher end cards. Buying a box would increase your chance slightly of getting higher end cards and buying a case would even increase your chances more of getting higher end cards. That's my logic anyway. Could very well be totally incorrect, but that's how I think of it.

The Serial Numbers on the boxes are on the little stickers that seal the box.
Hope you own a magnifying Glass.

The NZ exclusive distributor is friends with a guy at ESP. When I told them about the #001s they rang to check and it was confirmed (obviously). The guy at ESP stated that it was very common for card manufacturers to follow this practice and made reference to Select doing it for 7 years. Not that this information that is particularly helpful to anyone, but it was nice to have a distributor that communicates with ESP and is quite open to the collectors. The distributor here has been very customer focussed so far. :thumbsup:

It would be great if one of the people talking to ESP from this site would actually blatantly ask them to give the #001s back to collectors as a goodwill gesture (I am deadset serious). They could be randomly given to members of this site (the collecting hub of Australasia) via the same process used to decide the giveaway comps. As far as I am concerned once they were advertised on the box covers and flyers, they were no longer theirs to keep. Giving them back would restore a lot of faith in the company. (I know I am completely dreaming, but you have to hope...)

Even if they keep these ones and say they'll release the number ones in future, I think that would be a fantastic result for all concerned.

Last Card I need a quality scan of is the Origin Sensation 2 Cameron Smith the special promo version not the case card. If anyone could help that would be great.

Nice work
OMG!!!!! look at this :eek::eek::eek:

ESP CARD NUMBERED 001 JOKE.jpg

\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/

Joking, its photoshopped :lol:

Nice Photoshop work !!!

MMM that gives me an idea

Photoshop check..... Images of all the League Sensations check.....
Quality Printer Check...... Now to just go get myself some good quality card stock and start printing out those 001 cards !!

Back
Top Bottom