2012 AFL Off-Season Thread

TRADE OFFICIAL:

GWS receive Stephen Gilham, Picks 28 & 65
Hawthorn receive Jed Anderson (NT), Picks 29 & 68
How does this work, we drop a place in the draft order, thats bullshit Hawks :mad:

Look at those draft picks we swapped. Do the Hawks think this guy is that much better than Gilham?

These are trades mate. You dont get any compensation do you. I thought the compo was only for free agents.

Crows should get shafted as well. They are just as guilty. If you have a gentlemens agreement, you should honour it. They have shot themselves in the foot. Tippurt should get banned for 2 years, manager should be banned for two years and Adelaide should loose their draft picks for this draft. Which means they will go into next year with 3 less players than everyone else.

One less team for the bombers to worry about next year.:whistle:

Whatever punishment the Crows get, I don't think it will affect them on-field in 2013.

Adelaide and Tippett are jokes. Waste of Tippett's talent. Whatever punishments they get, they deserve...

Punishments will be deserved, no doubt. Can't see how Adelaide are a joke though from poor decisions from a couple of people. A very well run club in all aspects. Waste of Tippetts talent? What does that even mean? He can't kick straight and looks like the new Koschitzke.

Punishments will be deserved, no doubt. Can't see how Adelaide are a joke though from poor decisions from a couple of people. A very well run club in all aspects. Waste of Tippetts talent? What does that even mean? He can't kick straight and looks like the new Koschitzke.
Pretty sure Adelaide covered up that they payed him an extra 200k? And, despite all the negative talk about Tippett he's still a decent forward IMO. Just some things he would've needed to improve.

Pretty sure Adelaide covered up that they payed him an extra 200k? And, despite all the negative talk about Tippett he's still a decent forward IMO. Just some things he would've needed to improve.
Aye, and whoever signed off on it will get the sack. And I agree, Tippett is a decent forward, not 1m a year type though, but I understand teams have to pay overs sometimes to get deals done.

TRADE OFFICIAL:

GWS receive Stephen Gilham, Picks 28 & 65
Hawthorn receive Jed Anderson (NT), Picks 29 & 68
How does this work, we drop a place in the draft order, thats bulls*** Hawks :mad:

Look at those draft picks we swapped. Do the Hawks think this guy is that much better than Gilham?

Reckon the Hawks are big winners in that trade. You've traded a fringe backman coming towards the back-end of his career for a young player that's prob in the top 25 of this years group and a very minor pick downgrade. Good trade period for the Hawks outside of dodgy compensation for Young :thumbsup:

Cale Morton for pick 88 is a win for my club. Yes the kid's gone backwards quickly but his first year was pretty darn good. Can run all day and just needs to put on some serious muscle. Not trying to be a prick but he wouldn't be the first player that has gone backwards at the Dee's recently. Question is whether or not he can do a Josh Hill and turn his career around. After all a change is as good as a holiday sometimes. Either way we lose nothing and might be able to gain something.

Also Cripps and 46 for 41 & 44 is a steal. I feel sorry for St Kilda as it is paying serious unders but Brown was not for trade. Actually come to think of it since they tried to poach a contracted player from our list i don't feel sorry for them at all. Enjoy covering the Gorilla's next year Sainters. Buddy and Riewoldt will be licking their lips all over again. You had three weeks to listen to Vozzo when he told you Brown is not for trade. Now you have shot yourself in the foot.

After a bit of a break it's good to be back! Let me just start off by commending the AFL (That's a first) on this whole free agency thing. It's extremely confusing and there are so many rumours and predictions but I think it's a huge leap forward. I don't know what was more of a shock... Goddard gaining life membership from St.Kilda and then moving to Essendon or the fact that Tippet still hasn't found a club and how long the whole thing is taking. Last I heard GWS are prepared to make a serious move for him involving some high draft picks. But who knows?

Can't express how happy I am that Collingwood came to their sences and got rid of the waste of oxygen that is Chris Dawes. Over the moon. And the even more pleasing thing is that we have picks 18,19 and 20. Thanks to Adelaide and their shifty under table contract deal with Tippet they forfit pick 20 and we move up to get back to back to back selections yay. Look's like we'll be taking Tim Membrey at 18 and I really couldnt give a stuff about the other 2. Probably fill some gaps in the backline with defenders but Membrey! Will be my second favourite player if we manage to snag him. Absolute fkn beast. Exactly what we need to. Just love the look of this guy! Same height as me, Got 10 kgs on me but really like how he plays. Love the fact that he was captain of Gippsland and has a good head on him.

Will be collecting Membrey for sure. I think Wellingham is a loss but Clinton Young will be a more than suitable replacement. Just really happy with what Collingwood has done and cant wait for 2013 bring it on!

Just read on AFL.com.au that someone was arrested for stalking, but they didn't say who or which club they came from. Did mention Moorabbin magistrates court though, so I guess that answers 'which club'.

Probably Milne :p

Also; Eagles delist Gerrick Weedon and Andrew Strijk

and GWS making some noise about going after Tippett

Just read on AFL.com.au that someone was arrested for stalking, but they didn't say who or which club they came from. Did mention Moorabbin magistrates court though, so I guess that answers 'which club'.

read my post above yours mate, we already knew it was Sty Kilda.

Damn I won a weedon platinum draft die cut yesterday. Glad I only paid $31

Doesnt sound like it mate, you talked about not knowing what club it was but right above it i said what club it was. Anyway not going to argue about that. I just want to know what player it was?

Article I read didn't mention player or club but did mention the charge.

Article you linked did mention club but not the charge.

Both articles mentioned the same courthouse.

All I was saying that putting that by 2 & 2 together, we can determine a St Kilda player was charged with stalking.

Hence my saying "guess that answers which club" as the article I had read didn't mention a club but yours did, therefore a blank had been filled in resulting in my subsequent inference that it was "probably Milne".

Back
Top Bottom