Clarke
Hussey
Warner
Wade
Siddle
Starc
Hilfenhaus / Johnson / Cutting / Bird / Hazelwood take your pick
Lyon

Love to see Warner down the order, coming in like Gilchrist and just tearing a tired attack to pieces.

I also think the talk of Watson being the all-rounder is a bit suss. Didn't bowl much, looked less than fit in the field and didn't score much. But he is a nice bloke. :)

Mine

Cowan
Warner (Just needs to not be in 2 minds of how to play)
Khawaja/Hughes
Watson
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
Johnson
Siddle
Starc
Lyon

12th Man
Hilfenhaus

Chris, I agree completely re: Shane Watson mate. I think he has to be an opener/No. 3 who doesn't bowl or a No. 5/6 who does bowl - and not just the odd "mercurial" 4-over spell!

I am liking the talk of a Moises Henriques-type to bat at No. 6, if he is selected than I think Watto's bowling days would be over.

I am still a huge Rob Quiney fan and wouldn't discount him from selection.

I just think now - after Ponting's retirement, with Watto's nagging/on-going injuries AND the pasting we took in Perth (after being in with a chance in Brissy and Adelaide) - that it's time for Clarke and the selectors to sit down and build this team from top to bottom.

Need an opening pair who can put on 100.
Need a rock solid #3
Got Clarke and Hussey.
Need a batting bowler.
Need a wicketkeeper - couldn't care less if he scores or not - just a true 'keeper.
A decent spinner.
3 pace man - one who can genuinely swing it, one who fires at 145km and one to join him.

Not asking much. And not saying we don't have those players.

I'm tired of seeing/reading players with "potential" and in the side. Rather see players with weight of runs/wickets coming in.

I'd also like to see the batsmen take more on bowling (esp Warner who can spin it). Hell, if the bottom four can score 50's, surely the top 4 should be expected to chip in with 4-5 overs AND be a realistic chance of a wicket.

Not a bad day for the Aussies ending up at 4 for 299 considering the conditions. Warner was looking really good before his unfortunate run out for 57. Hughes looked good and a good score of 86 should at least see that he gets a go this series, i think he's going to be an important part of the team in years to come. Now Clarke and Hussey are delivering their usual reliable partnership.

Cowan played a terrible shot to get out...despite his hundred in the last series i'm not sold on this guy, he hasn't consistently gotten big scores and if he doesn't get at least a couple of good scores in the next few games i can see him being pushed out of the team for Khawaja as we already have to other guys that could open alongside Warner in Watson and Hughes.

I think as the game goes on the pitch will be more inconsistent and we will see wickets falling more easily...who knows we might even see Hilfy bag a few! I still think Johnson should have been in there at his expense though. Australia's decision to bat first might prove to be very handy if they put on a couple of hundred more runs in the first innings.

Nice hundred by Hussey and also a good effort by Wade. He's certainly handy as a wicketkeeper who can bat well down the order.

Now Watson has picked up a wicket, you can always rely on him for one or two handy wickets! He's very useful as a bowler so i hope that he continues to bowl throughout his career.

Australia probably should have declared at 550 or 600 in the first innings, still plenty of time left in the match. Odds are they will still win it but you never know.

yeh 450 wasnt enough in my opinion, should went another hundred and written srilanka out of the game.

With six wickets still to get and the number of remaining overs dwindling, Wade handed the gloves and pads to Phil Hughes and bowled the final over before the tea break.
And impressively, Wade's first over in international cricket was a maiden, with his medium pace topping 130km/h and keeping Thilan Samaraweera quiet.
He was no worse than any of the other Australian bowlers, who have taken just one wicket between them on a pitch that should be a batsman's nightmare.
:lol:...Amazing!!

Back
Top Bottom