2011 NBA FINALS - Dallas v Miami - SPOILERS within!

He's german, theyre not known for theyre party animals, theyre known for their hard working, labor intensive ways. Tomorrow he'll clock in at the steel mill for a gruelling 12 hour shift.

But they are known for their drinking :D

Love that the old man Mavs won the trophy. The last chance before these young teams take over the league. FINALLY someone beats Miami ! ... You just know that the Celtics & Bulls are feeling a little better after tonight ... So am I. lol ... Go Mavs !!! They really earned It. Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Matrix, Tyson, Peja, Barea, Mark Cuban, Rick Carlisle ... All those guys deserved this before they leave the league.

What more does Lebron need to win a ring? With the best "support" crew in the NBA he still couldn't win it...

When do they announce MVP? Should be Terry. On a side note, Bosh did well statistically in the series.

Love that the old man Mavs won the trophy. The last chance before these young teams take over the league. FINALLY someone beats Miami ! ... You just know that the Celtics & Bulls are feeling a little better after tonight ... So am I. lol ... Go Mavs !!! They really earned It. Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Matrix, Tyson, Peja, Barea, Mark Cuban, Rick Carlisle ... All those guys deserved this before they leave the league.

they would be more glad they did not make the finals, cause after DALLAS DESTROYED lakers it was over.

---------- Post added 13-06-2011 at 01:33 PM ----------

What more does Lebron need to win a ring? With the best "support" crew in the NBA he still couldn't win it...

well he told D Rose older brother after the game that D Rose was one player away from a ring.so lebron maybe is one good player too many for a ring?

they would be more glad they did not make the finals, cause after DALLAS DESTROYED lakers it was over.

---------- Post added 13-06-2011 at 01:33 PM ----------

well he told D Rose older brother after the game that D Rose was one player away from a ring.so lebron maybe is one good player too many for a ring?

If he can't win it with Wade and Bosh, when will he? MJ had Pip and Kobe had Shaq/Pau... If he couldn't do it with that sorta support,can't see him winning 5 or 6 like the 2 blokes I just mentioned.

If he can't win it with Wade and Bosh, when will he? MJ had Pip and Kobe had Shaq/Pau... If he couldn't do it with that sorta support,can't see him winning 5 or 6 like the 2 blokes I just mentioned.

Thats the thing though its only those other 2 and no one else, all those other teams had great role players all around oh and a great coach to go with them. As the saying goes too many cooks spoil the broth, maybe there's too much talent in Miami? I can see Bosh getting traded for a couple more vital pieces in other positions, he'll be the fall guy as they are not going to move Wade or Bron

agreed. what will determine this is how good the other NBA teams will be. If they are all average he will. If stiff competition like Jordan/Pippen had then no.

Thats the thing though its only those other 2 and no one else, all those other teams had great role players all around oh and a great coach to go with them. As the saying goes too many cooks spoil the broth, maybe there's too much talent in Miami? I can see Bosh getting traded for a couple more vital pieces in other positions, he'll be the fall guy as they are not going to move Wade or Bron

Spot on. I think the heat are a team of stars rather than a star team. Howard and Bron alone would make a good duo for them, not suggesting to move Wade, but it would bring them a ring. Can't see them winning one with this current line up.

---------- Post added 13-06-2011 at 01:48 PM ----------

agreed. what will determine this is how good the other NBA teams will be. If they are all average he will. If stiff competition like Jordan/Pippen had then no.

Rumour has it Kobe wants Howard in LA, if so, they won't be bringing a championship to South Beach next season.

Yep reckon that's preety right. I posted in around December/January what would people think of a trade Bosh for a half decent PG and was widely howled down.

MJ and Kobe did not take short cut and join other big players when the team was down.

Disappointing finish to the season. Can't be bothered to get too much into the game itself, but I noticed at about the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th the amount of free throws the Heat had missed. If they had made a decent percentage, like 70% or that, they wouldn't have been playing from behind and would have had a better chance in the 4th. Also a bad move to stop attacking when Dirk and Chandler both have 4 fouls.

Still, if you had called the Heat to make the Finals and lose in 6 during the season - when they were consistently losing to top tier teams (Bulls, Celtics, Mavericks, Spurs) than I would be happy with this. The way they dismantled the Celtics and Bulls in 5 games each just seemed to raise expectations that much higher. Unfortunately LeBron went missing, and you can't expect to win the series without him playing well.

On positives, a positive result for the first season together - which had so many ups and downs. Really a roller-coaster ride.

And hey, was I the only one happy to see Eddie House out there doing his thing! You can't turn that guy down, loves it!! :lol:

ps. Very happy to see Kidd get his ring, I have long really admired his longevity and all-around triple-double type play since his New Jersey days.

Congrats Mavs, dont like either team in the series but happy to see Kidd get a ring and also go to see it aint so easy to BUY a ring now is it MIAmi

Disappointing finish to the season. Can't be bothered to get too much into the game itself, but I noticed at about the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th the amount of free throws the Heat had missed. If they had made a decent percentage, like 70% or that, they wouldn't have been playing from behind and would have had a better chance in the 4th. Also a bad move to stop attacking when Dirk and Chandler both have 4 fouls.

Still, if you had called the Heat to make the Finals and lose in 6 during the season - when they were consistently losing to top tier teams (Bulls, Celtics, Mavericks, Spurs) than I would be happy with this. The way they dismantled the Celtics and Bulls in 5 games each just seemed to raise expectations that much higher. Unfortunately LeBron went missing, and you can't expect to win the series without him playing well.

On positives, a positive result for the first season together - which had so many ups and downs. Really a roller-coaster ride.

And hey, was I the only one happy to see Eddie House out there doing his thing! You can't turn that guy down, loves it!! :lol:

ps. Very happy to see Kidd get his ring, I have long really admired his longevity and all-around triple-double type play since his New Jersey days.

Unlucky Jimbo,

When youve had time to digest it all, wouldnt mind hearing from a Heat fan what moves you think they might look at/need to make next season as far as the side goes. Go around again as is?? Trade Bosh/Lebron?? Let us know.

In all honesty did anyone actually think the Heat would get a ring this year? From the get go it was always going to be a struggle, i think if they can get some better role players in they'll be unstoppable but for now there's too much pressure on the 2 main guys Bron & Wade. The Heat imo would be better off trading Lebron/Bibby or Wade/Bibby for Howard/Nelson or something similar they have much or a muchness in LBJ & Wade and im not sure its working for them. I think they could use a centre like Howard more then 2 aggressive scorers on the team

Unlucky Jimbo,

When youve had time to digest it all, wouldnt mind hearing from a Heat fan what moves you think they might look at/need to make next season as far as the side goes. Go around again as is?? Trade Bosh/Lebron?? Let us know.

Thanks for taking it easy on me mate. Respect :D

I've pretty much had time to digest already. It's all perspective isn't it. Mid-way through the season the Heat had lost 3 times to the Celtics and weren't picked to get to the Finals. Then they made an impressive playoff run, and after beating Chicago convincingly were easily the favorites. That was only what, two weeks ago?

And now we are back to - the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!

As for actual roster moves, a lot depends on what happens with the salary cap and if we go to a hard or soft cap. If we stay with a soft cap the Heat can continue adding mid-level free agents every season, which will definitely make them incredibly dominant in two seasons minimum.

For next season, I think the Heat have been keen on Sam Dalembert as the main guy to get in. He would be an upgrade inside defensively, e.g. you won't see Barea laying it up on Bosh like that if Dalembert is there to swat it away. Rumor is he likes Miami too because it's a close link to his native of Haiti.

Chalmers, House and Jones are the only free agents that should be brought back. I worry if Jones will want to come back after he has barely been given time in the Finals. I also wonder if another team will try and snatch up Chalmers since he's played well the last few weeks (he is a restricted FA though).

So that means Bibby, Dampier, Howard, Z, and Big Cat will be gone.

LeBron doesn't get traded, that's just silly. He's gone from looking like the best player in the world indisputably from 2 weeks ago, to now being considered for a trade? No way. He has things to learn, things to grow on and mature but you don't trade a guy with his capabilities.

Bosh is a potential but I don't think the Heat go to the lengths they did to get the Big Three, to split them up so quickly. I think another season together at LEAST, and if that results in a failure/breakdown in next season's playoffs then Bosh gets shopped.

Let's not go overboard and say that this team structurally needs to be revamped though. It's their first year playing together, and they came 2 wins away from winning the trophy. A bit of tweaking here and there, with added experience, maturity and chemistry surely will be enough to get them into the same position at least next season.

So I'm thinking:

PG Mario Chalmers/Eddie House
SG Dwyane Wade/Mike Miller
SF LeBron James/James Jones
PF Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem
C Sam Dalembert/Joel Anthony

And then adding a few veterans for the minimum, and potentially getting a steal at #31 in the draft. Also don't forget Dexter Pittman at center, he's been in the D-League all season but if anyone has seen him or remembers him from his days in Texas he is a really big body who can finish and is a big presence in the post. I think he'll come up next season and make big contributions.

Back
Top Bottom