2011 NBA FINALS - Dallas v Miami - SPOILERS within!

I am so happy for Dirk, Kidd and the rest. Wish Peja was playing more the way he did 5-7 years ago and contributing a bit more to the team though, but also happy for him to win ring along with the rest of the team.

I am annoyed though, that despite their win, there is so much gas bagging about LeBron, Wade, Bosh and the Heat........what they have done and not done, and what will happen for them over the next few months.

The Mavs played well together with players knowing when to step up when it was needed. Great players who deserved a ring. Will they win another next year......who knows but they are the team for now.....the team for 2011 and I am celebrating that!

Ersk

Congrats to Dirk, J-Kidd and Jet Terry along with all the rest of the Mavs team. Congrats also to the Heat because even though they lost after all is said and done they were the second best team in the league this year.

However I must finsh with this and that is that LeChoke, LeBrick or what ever else you may wish to call him should now be called LeRabbit. Because when the spot light went on him in those 4th quarters he froze like a rabbit caught in the glare of the headlights

Congrats to Dirk, J-Kidd and Jet Terry along with all the rest of the Mavs team. Congrats also to the Heat because even though they lost after all is said and done they were the second best team in the league this year.

However I must finsh with this and that is that LeChoke, LeBrick or what ever else you may wish to call him should now be called LeRabbit. Because when the spot light went on him in those 4th quarters he froze like a rabbit caught in the glare of the headlights

Or maybe LeFlog.

Cos he's a tosser.

Channel OneHD is still looking for a 7th game Heat comeback!

NBA (NC) 1:30pm-3:30pm | ONE Thursday 16 June 2011
If the NBA Finals are deadlocked at three-all, the seventh and deciding game will be held on Miami's home court. Will they celebrate LeBron and D-Wade's championship? Or will Dirk Nowitzki's Mavs win?

Ersk

I just can not understand why every one goes on about LeWhoever not having a ring because he does have a ring.

Every day when he wakes and wherever he goes up his ring will be following him and every time he sits down he will know exactly where it is.

I find it interesting that every player Dallas used in the playoffs was a gift. Other teams didn't want them, or wanted someone else more, and Dallas didn't break the bank of player assets in trades or need to get a top draft pick to select them. It does help Dallas that they are willing to spend money, as many of their trades were done by taking on long contracts and trading out ending deals.

Dirk Nowitzki was the steal by Dallas in the trade with Milwaukee.
Jason Terry, it was strange as Terry and a first round pick went to Dallas for Antoine Walker, although both players would win championships.
Shawn Marion was acquired with some money and players Dallas didn't want.
Jason Kidd cost them a couple of picks and Devin Harris, so he was the most expensive to acquire, in terms of assets sent out.
Jose Barea was a cheap free agent.
Tyson Chandler was nearly free, in terms of basketball players sent out, it was a little cash and players the other team didn't need but the other team did the deal to save money.
Peja Stojakovic was paid a lot by the Raptors to win with Dallas.
DeShawn Stevenson and Brendan Haywood, or their contracts, was the cost of Dallas getting Caron Butler. Washington just wanted ending deals.
Ian Mahinmi, Brian Cardinal and Corey Brewer would have been free agents too.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dallas! Awesome series! I am just glad Dirk, My boy The Matrix, Jet and Kidd did work on them boys from Souf Beach! I love it!

Yeah after the shove by Stevenson. Are you watching the game? 1080 52cm HD don't lie :D
Chalmers went in to separate them and got a shove and tech for his trouble, should have let Haslem give him one on the chin!

Chandler with a couple of silly fouls, Dallas don't need that

Sorry Nick, but I would call your TV rep as I think there is something wrong with your TV :lol: Chalmers clearly shoved Stevenson in the back when he came onto the scene.

MJ and Kobe did not take short cut and join other big players when the team was down.

I think you're forgetting Kobe DEMANDING a trade because his team kept losing..... then they got Gasol & the rest is history.

Even though I'm a Pacers supporter I love Dirk, Kidd and the Mavericks and just bought one of these hats:

p10485424reg.jpg

:woot:

Way to bandwagon man!! :thumbsup:

Anyway.........

Wow... way to add 16 pages to the thread in the span of a day guys! :lol:

I think their has been enough hate so I won't say anything bad about the Heat. Only thing I will say is I think it was a coaching error by Spo starting Chalmers & not bibby..... yes Chalmers was playing well, but he was playing well from the bench. The series was 3-2 with the last two games at your house, no need to take drastic measures & change the lineup... he played well, though IMO not as well as he wasn't out there knocking down threes from all over the place this game. Although in Spo's defense, they had LOST the last two games when Dallas changed their lineup, so perhaps he wanted to see if starting Chalmers helped things.... but I guess it didn't!?

Now onto more important things........... Woooooooooohooooooo!!!!!!!! Big congrats to Dallas!!! Enjoy ti while you can as the Thunder aren't gonna let you get there for much longer! :lol:

congrats to the mavs!! glad JKidd got a ring... terry was flat out balling the last 2 games, Lebron should remove the "King James" nickname.... King of what?? not showing up when it counts? call me a hater, but Lebron has no excuses this time....

a pretty selfish postgame statement too if anyone didnt see it

Now I'm a Cavs fan, and have been since around 2001, so I've got a fair reason to dislike Lebron for the "Decision", but really, what else SHOULD he have said??? His loyalty now is to Heat fans, not fans of other teams who are just waiting for him to fail, and who were probably ready to welcome hime with open arms to their franchise before he signed with the Heat. And really, did he say anything untrue? Not really, especially with a lot of the crap thats been written about him lately... The ammount of hate levelled at him for a poorly constructed and presented decision to change teams, and a bit of trash-talking (like no-one ELSE in the NBA, or on here has ever trash-talked...), pretty much shows you that he's right: a lot of the people talking trash about him online are so caught up in it because their own lives are hardly worth getting caught up in.

And now the season's over and the Heat have lost, what will they wake up to tomorrow? Today they might have the "pleasure" of the Heat's and Lebron's exit, but then what? They have to go back to working 8-10 hour days; in a job they probably don't like; working for a boss/supervisor they don't like; paying bills they'd rather not pay, paying mortgages they struggle to afford. And where will Lebron be? In his South Beach mansion, or mucking around at the beach with friends, or doing pretty much whatever he want's to. People have been taking pot-shots at him all year, now he gets put in a position by a reporters question to fire one back, and HE'S an A-hole??? To be honest, if I was in his position, I wouldn't have said much different! I actually applaud him for haveing the guts to come out and say something like that, and hope he doesn't try to retract or "clarify" it! I'm personally tired of all the politically correct "fans are entitled to their opinion" crap! Sure they are, but so are athletes, movie stars, and other celebrities.

I read in a thread on another forum on this same subject, which was over 20 pages long, one poster said Lebron would have a much better image if he used his fame and money to improve peoples lives, quite possibly including the guy who said that, and who had just got through saying how much of a "douche" Lebron was, and laughing about a comment made about the situation with Lebron's mum and Delonte, and the ALLEGED situation between Lebron's g/f and another NBA player... I mean, WHY in the HELL would you be inspired to help someone like that, so HOPEFULLY, you can be seen as "less douchey"???

Its as simple as if your happy to accept and soak up the accolades, which Lebron is more than happy to, then you also take the crap that comes with it. You can't argue he hasn't made a rod for his own back. If I was Miami I would put a general media ban on lebron etc, appart from the general game comments etc, and just let his game do the talking. Its the only way he will win some cred back.

Well you're a self righteous assumptive little p***k aren't ya
To think that people's fascination and dependancy on a sport, and how the Heat or any players do, goes beyond that instant when a game is on and that a sport is more interesting, important, nourishing or required than a healthy home, work or family life and people spend their time hating their lives and wishing they were Lebron?
Get ****ed, what a moron, if I was a mod I would delete your account, wow. We are all dumber for reading that now.

Now I'm a Cavs fan, and have been since around 2001, so I've got a fair reason to dislike Lebron for the "Decision", but really, what else SHOULD he have said??? His loyalty now is to Heat fans, not fans of other teams who are just waiting for him to fail, and who were probably ready to welcome hime with open arms to their franchise before he signed with the Heat. And really, did he say anything untrue? Not really, especially with a lot of the crap thats been written about him lately... The ammount of hate levelled at him for a poorly constructed and presented decision to change teams, and a bit of trash-talking (like no-one ELSE in the NBA, or on here has ever trash-talked...), pretty much shows you that he's right: a lot of the people talking trash about him online are so caught up in it because their own lives are hardly worth getting caught up in.

And now the season's over and the Heat have lost, what will they wake up to tomorrow? Today they might have the "pleasure" of the Heat's and Lebron's exit, but then what? They have to go back to working 8-10 hour days; in a job they probably don't like; working for a boss/supervisor they don't like; paying bills they'd rather not pay, paying mortgages they struggle to afford. And where will Lebron be? In his South Beach mansion, or mucking around at the beach with friends, or doing pretty much whatever he want's to. People have been taking pot-shots at him all year, now he gets put in a position by a reporters question to fire one back, and HE'S an A-hole??? To be honest, if I was in his position, I wouldn't have said much different! I actually applaud him for haveing the guts to come out and say something like that, and hope he doesn't try to retract or "clarify" it! I'm personally tired of all the politically correct "fans are entitled to their opinion" crap! Sure they are, but so are athletes, movie stars, and other celebrities.

I read in a thread on another forum on this same subject, which was over 20 pages long, one poster said Lebron would have a much better image if he used his fame and money to improve peoples lives, quite possibly including the guy who said that, and who had just got through saying how much of a "douche" Lebron was, and laughing about a comment made about the situation with Lebron's mum and Delonte, and the ALLEGED situation between Lebron's g/f and another NBA player... I mean, WHY in the HELL would you be inspired to help someone like that, so HOPEFULLY, you can be seen as "less douchey"???

Its as simple as if your happy to accept and soak up the accolades, which Lebron is more than happy to, then you also take the crap that comes with it. You can't argue he hasn't made a rod for his own back. If I was Miami I would put a general media ban on lebron etc, appart from the general game comments etc, and just let his game do the talking. Its the only way he will win some cred back.

But that still doesn't refute Lebron's premise, that he'll move on to enjoying his off-season and go into next season with another chance to win a championship, while the "haters", (not Dallas fans, or people genuineely happy to see Dirk/Kidd win a title), have to now get back to their day-to-day rut. And for those who feel, and delusionally so in my mind, that "he works for them", and this justifies all the trash-talk above and beyond basketball, without giving him the right to lob a few grenades back, does this give Lebron the right to walk into Macca's and start talking crap to the guy behind the counter, because he's buying a Happy Meal? NO! As for putting a media ban on Lebron or getting someone to vet everything he's about to say? GREAT, just what we need: MORE Tim Duncan-esque interviews, how exciting!!! :D

To think that people's fascination and dependancy on a sport, and how the Heat or any players do, goes beyond that instant when a game is on and that a sport is more interesting, important, nourishing or required than a healthy home, work or family life and people spend their time hating their lives and wishing they were Lebron?
Get ****ed, what a moron, if I was a mod I would delete your account, wow. We are all dumber for reading that now.

I may be dumber for reading this but the guys entitled to his opinion.

RealGM • View topic - Should LeBron Be Fined For Insulting NBA Fans?

Ah, have a cry, "champ"! Seems to be your usual potty-mouthed go, though! Did I insult anyone on here, yourself included??? NO, but then again, maybe its just your "special time of month" and your a bit edgy, I can understand that... ;) Maybe you can look at the topic about this on RealGMs boards, where people are on the one hand all pissy that he's supposedly insulting them, but by the end of their rants are usually insulting HIM...

---------- Post added 14-06-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

And if your really that worried about my posts making you dumber, you can always put me on your "Ignore" list, theres a thought...

Back
Top Bottom