2011 Marvel Universe

Well semi impressed- Like the style and how it all fits together. Not impressed at the QC with dinged corners and marked cards. Overall between this and Eureka non sport can just about go get effed for me :( Sketch card is a Tone. MoonKnight up for grabs if anyone wants it
photorl.jpg
Could not have pulled a personality that i dislike the most in Spector

cards are awesome, thanks jen. is anyone collecting the scifihobby points?

Since you are all mostly Marvel people, the points aren't a lot of use. I collect points and ship them over every so often. You need to have the whole pack (not just the little points part) so the weight means about $70 shipping (seamail) for about 3000 points. Premium pack will obviously work better for weight. Having got enough points, you also have to pay for registered shipping of the rewards card (too many people were claiming it never arrived). Because it ships straight from Rittenhouse, you need a US address for Marvel cards because Marvel has only sold them the US/Canada license. So by the time you have paid for shipping the points (let's say $10 as 300 point share of a big lot) and then shipping the card to a US address and then shipping the card to Australia, it's probably $25 for the card. A few come up on eBay at about this price if you really want it.

It's worth it for me because I am a completist (a terrible addiction to have :) ) so will put up with all this trouble and expense. Also, most of my collection is sci-fi and those rewards cards aren't limited to US/Canada. I also have such a large number of points that I can get some shipping discounts by sending big piles of wrappers and 'buying' several cards at once.

Having said all that, if anyone wants packs, let me know. The Marvel Universe MU10 is 300 points. I have a bunch of wrappers that I haven't sent yet.

wow, so there are no doubles at all?

There's puzzles of course - and all the puzzle cards are in the same pack. Probably about 1 in 20 chance for a puzzle box. Otherwise, no spare sketches in any box. Rittenhouse have got very good at collation, you can pretty much guarantee an even split across cases etc so that case buyers get a master set or whatever. This also means they know what goes in every box. They used to run slightly higher odds than 1 per box (something like 1 per 23 packs instead of 24) so as to ensure boxes were not missing a sketch, but don't need to any more.

Hey gang,

here's the two I got from box 2089 & box 4086 - any help IDing blond red lightning dude would be appreciated. Thanks to Jen for organising!

Back
Top Bottom