2011 Australia v Sri Lanka Test Series (Spoilers)

Warney

Number 20.
Real Name
Anthony
eBay User
tazzad1109
Australia all out for 273

SR Watson 22
PJ Hughes 12
RT Ponting 44
MJ Clarke 23
MEK Hussey 95
UT Khawaja 21
BJ Haddin 24
MG Johnson 14
RJ Harris 1
TA Copeland 12
NM Lyon 0*

Hughes fails to fire again. Aids my argument.

Michael Hussey was unlucky, ricky ponting did well for a bit but most of the batting wasn't great from Australia

I doubt you can blame it all on Hughes. Good ball he got, same as Watson. Only Hussey did well which was a shame. I was expecting more form Khawaja, but hey he's the better option than Marsh. I can't fathem Marsh doing any better than any of the others in this team.

Khawaja crap, Hughes crap..Get David Hussey, George Bailey or Callum Ferguson in at number six and put Marsh into open.

As for Lyon, 1st wicket after 1 ball!

Replacement for Hughes as opener: Marsh, Warner, Klinger, Cowan or Finch. I reckon Maddinson will be the opener after Watson.

Replacement for Khawaja (if he fails this whole series): George Bailey, Callum Ferguson or even David Hussey. Mitch Marsh could be no.6 down the track, or Glenn Maxwell if he adapts.

pretty sure watson was fairly ordinary early in his career also i like hughes with abit more time and he has plenty of that i think he can become quality alli cook is another good example that bloke was as hack as they got a few ashes series ago now look at him. As for Katich what happened there? Bit behind in my cricket news at the moment. And why hasn't Harris been butchered yet bring back Sid vicious in my opionon i'd even play hastings ahead of him, dont know much about these new blokes never heard of Lyon

Copeland wicket with his second test ball and Lyon got a wicket with his first test ball, only the second australian ever to do so. Back in the game.

Have to say I wasnt a huge fan of Khawaja at first but I saw him play a couple of really good innings in person and I like his technique. he just needs time.

Honestly, This tour of Sri Lanka is merely a warm up for the aussies.

How is it a warm up for Australia when Sri Lanka is ranked higher then Australia? It seems a little illogical that they'd warm up against a side that is 'better' then them.

How is it a warm up for Australia when Sri Lanka is ranked higher then Australia? It seems a little illogical that they'd warm up against a side that is 'better' then them.

If they arent expected to win, they use this series to blood new players and get back into form. I honestly dont believe anyone will be too upset if they lose this series.

Cheers
Matt

Copeland wicket with his second test ball and Lyon got a wicket with his first test ball, only the second australian ever to do so. Back in the game.
he ended up with 5 wickets. That pitch is a spinners paradise see that first ball he bowled a big puff of dust n dirt of the pitch and cranked a mile and him bowling to a left hander helped i bet he couldn't believe his luck. Congratulations to him at least they should stick with him for a while. It was only 18 months ago he was preparing the wickets here in Canberra and getting tonked by the boys in the local comp how his life has changed in such a short period

Your defence of Hughes is ridiculous. Yes, he got done by a good ball in the first innings BUT he was looking very average though out his innings! Keep bagging Marsh mate, but when he gets his call-up he'll shut you up..

Still doesn't take anything away from the fact that Hughes is a flat track bully. He beats up on shield sides and when the heat is on him the national side he crumbles under the pressure.

Back
Top Bottom