Baseball 2011-12 ABL custom cards

graymice

Collects Aussies in the USA (MLB, NBA, NFL, WNBA)
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
graymice
G'day folks - yeah, it's been about a year since the last time I was in site.
Just thought I'd post up some of my custom ABL cards from the 2011-12 season for anyone who was interested in checking them out. (Beckster and Klattsy perhaps?)

I haven't got these printed up yet - still in the process of designing them. Have about 50 or so designed so far. Haven't done Bandits or Blue Sox designs yet. Because I only got to Canberra home games, I've got most of the Canberra roster, and a selection of players from each other team. Once I've finished designing, I'll look at getting a set printed up for myself.

Photos and card designs are all done by myself.

Card backs will look something like this:

Adam

You are far too talented. Nice looking card design, with close up photography. Let me know if you are going to print more than one set. I am sure that Kattsy and Bec would be interested as well.

Thanks :) I will admit that I chose to post what I thought were some of the better ones in the original post above - had a real problem with shadows in a lot of photos.

I had some from the 2010-11 season printed up in the US - they're done on a thick, high gloss stock - I quite liked the final version.
They cost about $2 each to make when you order in bulk, and then you've got postage on top of that, so they probably cost in total about $2.50 each card. Imagine it'll be about the same for these cards. Happy to order additional copies (pick and choose what you want) - however, keep in mind that these aren't licenced, so I don't want to get into trouble by the powers that be. These are just for us "fans" (ie don't try selling them, etc) :) Would like to see the ABL to get some proper cards made.

I'll post up images of the other cards I've done so far over the next couple of days.

Was excited when I found out that the Cavalry programs for each home series came with a free card - disappointed that they ended up being the large oversized cards and not the usual 3.5"x2.5" cards. :(

Here are the Perth Heat cards I've created so far:

2242142310103336111S425x425Q85.jpg

The photo on the following card isn't one of mine - I wasn't at the actual game unfortunately, so I've used one from online :)

Robert, Beck and anyone else who are interested in getting a copy of these - I'll post on here and let you all know a couple of weeks before I'll be ordering.
As mentioned, it'll probably be about $2.50/card for printing & postage. You can let me know which ones you'd like a copy of then.
It'll still be a while before I order. I'm still making the card fronts, then I have to do the card backs .... more work goes into the backs than the fronts :eek:
I'll keep posting the images of the card fronts onto this thread so that those who are interested know which cards I've designed so far.

Thanks for all the positive feedback :)

Oh, and does anybody have any particular ABL players from this season that they would like to see a card created for? If so, post and let me know.
I can't guarantee that I managed to capture them on camera during the season, but if I did, I'll make sure to create a card up for them for you

No worries but would like a full set of them all when you order them thank you

I know that is why i never did backs for mine too difficult just stuck with a white back with the ABL logo on the back

Don't suppose you managed to get a shot of Bandits Manager Kevin Jordan. He's a mate who I'm sure would appreciate adding one to his PC

Bec - the box was as a guide for autographs - I can remove them before printing as needed.
Doc - sorry - checked and I only have 2 shots of Jordan - one where he's cutoff on the side, and the other is a backshot of him, so nothing suitable to make a card with.

Some of the Canberra cards:

Bit unsure about the Grening and Dowl photos. I like the action shots, but wonder if I should try and get something where you can see their faces better - similar to the other shots.

Thanks. It'll still be a month or two at least until I look at getting them printed up (plenty of time to save up ;) ) - still lots of card backs to do, and spare time is short. I didn't even get the chance to touch Photoshop for a couple of weeks recently.

Back
Top Bottom