2010 APCS Show Calender with guest appearances!

there wasn't a fair where i wouldn't do $1000+ for the day, and that's with no big ticket items, just a collector offloading spare stuff, wang and the likes would do $5000+ and until these fairs change their ways, attract people and dealers like card zone, the're embarassing to the hobby in my opinion.

Ah the good old days footycard. I remember as an 18 yr old regularly making 1500 myself, and my fellow colleagues used to easily top the 4000 mark. That was when you could sell Jordan skylights for $5-10 card, and get $120-$150 for 90-91 skybox, 93-94 hoops etc etc and people would be lining up 1 to 3 rows deep to buy this :crazy: :lol: :crazy:

Times have changed friend, the average collector aren't idiots, and the quality of product has improved out of this world. This has caused most products to be unaffordable to the average collector, but also gives them new benchmarks to reach in their collecting.

You make some really excellent points in your post and sellers should take that onboard, even I learnt something from it :thumbsup:

However buyers should also be responsible for getting themselves a deal. If they are unwilling to negotiate they could miss out, and these 'buyers' are the ones that whinge about prices been too high or really couldn't afford it in the first place. I know for a fact that 80% of sellers will always compromise on a price that is fair and reasonable for both parties.

The reason people like Wang don't do the shows is simply a lack of numbers through the door, caused by a host of factors other than alleged high prices.

The shows run in Sydney and Melbourne under the Australian Premier Collectables Show banner have the most honest and trustworthy sellers in the country. If they didn't have these credentials they simply wouldn't exist and the shows wouldn't still be operating. The years of experience in the room tally well over 100+ and there's nothing embarrassing about that.

---------- Post added 13-04-2010 at 11:29 PM ----------

On a different subject all those that didn't get Jim Buckley's auto (he was over an 1hr late) to complete their dual auto with Wayne Johnston can mail their card into myself and it will get replaced with a fully signed one.

Jim Buckley replacement
ATTN: Sonny
PO BOX 2062
Tarrawanna NSW 2518

If you know someone that didn't get it please let them know :v:

Here are the card releases for tomorrows show at Revesby Workers Club.

2010_apcs_collectables_show_canterbury_record_breakers_card_andrew-ryan_david-stagg_01.jpg

The value is $62.99 each, a limit of 2 cards per person applies.

2010_apcs_collectables_show_card_corey_payne_canterbury_bulldogs_01.jpg

Receive your FREE COREY PAYNE card upon entry!

Also get in early and receive your FREE pack of the new 2010 AFL Topps Chipz (whilst stocks last)

As discussed in another thread:

When: Sunday 11th July
Where: Leichhardt Town Hall
107 Norton Street, Leichhardt
Time: 10am-4pm
Admission: Adults $5, Children/Seniors FREE
FREE entry after 2pm

Plenty of street parking

Train: 800m walk from Stanmore/Petersham train station, connecting bus service from Petersham

Bus: L37, 370, 440 & 444

Guest appearances by St George Players:
Graeme Langlands
Norm Provan
John Raper
Jamie Soward

Unfortnately Billy Smith and Reg Gasnier can't attend due to health issues.

Reg sends his apologises and allowed us to create a promo card of himself, and has pre signed the cards prior to the event.

FREE promo with entry

gasnierpromo_Page_1.jpg

Immortals triple #'d to 35

stgeorgeimmortalstrip_Page_1.jpg

Timewarp dual auto #'d to 99

LangSoward_Page_1.jpg

Tower of power #'d to 65

provantowerpower_Page_1.jpg

*cards are subject to change and used for promotional purposes only

stgeorgeimmortalstrip_Page_1.jpg

provantowerpower_Page_1.jpg

LangSoward_Page_1.jpg

gasnierpromo_Page_1.jpg

Nice cards mate, how much is:
Immortals triple #'d to 35

---------- Post added 10-07-2010 at 08:17 AM ----------

Just a silly question, when we buy these special cards are they already signed? Or do we purchase the blank cards then queue to get them signed? Thankyou, Ive never been before.

They can only be purchased from the dealers such as: JaJa Collectables, Al's Trading Cards, Cards R us, Westriot and so on.

You will have to work out a value with them.

FYI to those in Victoria this weekend

Sunday, 18 July 2010

Williamstown Senior Citizens' Centre

Corner Melbourne Road & Ferguson St, Williamstown

Time - 9am - 1pm

Admission - Adult $2.00 /Children & Seniors-$1.00
(Free entry after 12.00pm)

FREE Pack of 2010 AFL Topps Chipz upon entry!

Special Guest Appearances - 1980 Richmond Premiership Players -
Dale Weightman, Michael Roach & Geoff Raines.

A special limited-edition card, individually-numbered Premiership Commemorative card featuring all 3 players, numbered to only 80 will be available for purchase on the day.

richmondtigerstriple80.jpg

richmondtigerstriple80.jpg

Hey, just wanted to thank everyone for their support at these shows, without it they wouldn't exist.

If you paid for the Soward/Langlands dual can you please email [email protected] to confirm your name & address and quantity.

Some of the hand writing was hard to decipher.

They are scheduled to ship on the 25th August, and if there are any further delays we will advise.

Back
Top Bottom