2010 APCS Show Calender with guest appearances!

Originally Posted by DarthAnnihl8or View Post
Where do you get the limited card from??? Is it a specific seller?
Footycards will be selling them i guess..

yep that's right

Really? i only found 1 bloke selling them...he only had 1 table

Sorry I don't know who that could be then, you may be able to give me a description at the show.

Was really dissapointing.... I stopped by after footy... I only lasted 10 minutes... Some of the prices were ridiculously high .... :(

I spent a large part of the time there, talking to Sashsquatch. It was a little disappointing but it was the first they've had and I believe it has lots of potential.

Wayne Johnston was fantastic, but Jim Beckley was really late getting there.

The biggest issue with the prices is footycards.com.au is really expensive and he is the organiser.

Pretty sure they held 3-4 at the Maribyrnong RSL last year so was not there first show...

Unsure about years before last.

I was wondering who the guys signing autographs were... I had no idea as i dont follow NRL

I live just up the road and didn't bother going.
think these guys forget what makes a card show tick,
there prices are at the highest price immaginable, what makes it worse
is most cards are not even priced so you end up having to ask over and over again, how much is this, how much is that, endless.
no prices means there's little room for negotiating, whereas if cards are priced you can pull 6 or 7 out, add it up and then make an offer sort of thing.
so if 6 cards total $26 you might offer $20 for the lot.

when i used to do fairs i'd have everything priced, bargain bins with $5 common sets, last half hour i'd sell all the cheap stuff for half price, everyone got some bargains, people would leave with a bag of goodies, happy and can't wait for the next one, sometmes there's be 2 fairs going at the same time and it was worth it to go to both.

any fair is better then none but unless you make it worthwhile for people they won't come back so it's actually working opposite to what they think the're doing, negative promotion.
there wasn't a fair where i wouldn't do $1000+ for the day, and that's with no big ticket items, just a collector offloading spare stuff, wang and the likes would do $5000+ and until these fairs change their ways, attract people and dealers like card zone, the're embarassing to the hobby in my opinion.

I spent a large part of the time there, talking to Sashsquatch. It was a little disappointing but it was the first they've had and I believe it has lots of potential.

Wayne Johnston was fantastic, but Jim Beckley was really late getting there.

The biggest issue with the prices is footycards.com.au is really expensive and he is the organiser.

spot on. i have found them very hard to deal with as well, and they usually dont budge on prices.

i really wanted to go but was unable to and i really wanted to get the promo auto card you could get there. if anyone has a spear one could you please contact me. and could someone put and a scan up of the card

spot on. i have found them very hard to deal with as well, and they usually dont budge on prices.

i really wanted to go but was unable to and i really wanted to get the promo auto card you could get there. if anyone has a spear one could you please contact me. and could someone put and a scan up of the card

Mate do realise the auto cards wernt give aways?? Last i heard they were $60 each, not sure what price they ended up selling for on the day. You also had to get the card signed by yourself...

yea i know you had to buy them, i thought they wouldnt be too much because they were free last year. and the players are there so its not hard to get them signed. if they were anything over $20 then thats shocking.

yea i know you had to buy them, i thought they wouldnt be too much because they were free last year. and the players are there so its not hard to get them signed. if they were anything over $20 then thats shocking.

Found out you got 3 Header cards on entry. The #'d Dual Carlton Sig was $50 for the card. And alot of ppl couldnt get the 2nd sig because one guy didnt show for a while.

i only live a 4 hour plane trip from the card show, i'll be there definetly!!! not....

Hi guys,

I've been in trading cards for 20 odd years and am 100% behind the organisers of the APCS shows. I can say I have been at every show they have put on and put forward the following points to answer all your questions and points of view:
1) With regard to yesterdays show, a 3 card set featuring a header card, a Kate Kendall card (#to 200) and a Wayne Johnston card (#to 200) were given out at the door free with the $2 admission. Wayne Johnston signed these as people presented them.
2) There was a dual Buckley/Johnston card limited to only 82 on offer for $50, to be signed on the day. This was your choice to buy or refuse to buy! Signed Cards of such limited runs have a secondary market value far greater than the $50 unsigned one purchased at the door.
3) Producing cards is not a cheap excercise. Each card requires a seperate printing plate. We can't expect the promoters and sponsors to be putting on these shows and bearing all the costs without any return.
4) With regards to previous shows, each show in melbourne has had a different sportsman appear, with free cards and merchandise to be signed handed out at the door. Sportsman appearances included Anthony Rock, James Manson, Gary Ayres & Sam Pleming (Port Melb). The Buckley/Johnston dual is the first card to have cost $$$.
5) Two previous Sydney shows had a card you could purchase (as well as door freebies). One card was an oversized Laurie Daly, the other was a Balmain Tigers triple auto featuring Elias, Pearce and Sironen.
6) No one has to like the prices dealers set, but there were bargains at the show. I spent money there yesterday. I also sold cards. Dealers can't match the 99cent bargains you sometimes find on ebay, but they will negotiate.

These shows have brought together numerous collectors who have purchased, sold and traded cards with other collectors and dealers. THAT IS WHAT COLLECTING IS ABOUT!!

Let's all get on board and support these shows by attending, meeting other collectors, meeting our stars of the past, and giving the promoters a chance to sustain the survival of an event that every collector would love to attend and be a part of!

Bagging the show only turns people away. Support it and enjoy the hobby with other collectors at your next APCS Show!

Best Regards

Rif.

yeh there is definitely a bit of bagging going on but for every ripoff merchant, you will find 5 dealers that have reasonably priced gear at these shows. in some cases the prices that these guys are selling at are ridiculously low because they are just clearing garage space, however they could be getting more but they are stalwarts of the hobby. it's really horses for courses.

Back
Top Bottom