2009 Select Stickers

beefman138

Card Hoarding Problem
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
beefman1138
G'day all,
I have some info re this years NRL Sticker Set, courtesy of the RLW mag that came out today.
Initially, the release date was Mid-April, according to this ad, it's now scheduled for release in late-May. Packs with 6 stickers are $1.50 each, although there's no clear sign on the number of stickers in the entire set, nor number of packs per box.
Time to do some research!

Cheers,

Nick J

Thanks for the information. I wont be collecting the whole set so.... penrith stickers...you all know who will want them! :) :lol:
Brplat

Well folks with the stickers release, I'm sure there are many others who share my fear of having no 'series 2' cards this year. There's still no info that i've heard of in relation to a series 2. And on another fairly disturbing note, the Daily Telegraph's partner newspaper in Victoria has had their AFL Footy Cards out for a few weeks now - and I haven't heard anything about a similar release for the NRL in NSW, like 2008, 2004,03 and 02. I'd be happy if either was released in NSW along with the stickers - but like most others, I'm just hoping the stickers aren't completely replacing our beloved high-end Series 2 product. Select will hear from me if they abandon such a great set!

Nick J

Damn I dont want sticker, I want cards!!! Even the newspaper released cards last year. Surely their willl be a Series 2 release. Otherwise, Id be dissapointed with only 1 poor offering this year.

Would be just stupid for select not to do series 2 with no product they make no money. Is there any info on afl series 2 yet? I'm think select need to make sure series 2 box numbers are not too high I believe the second series is usually about 5000-7000 but it appears they made way to many boxes of the centenary at 10000. I also hope they come up with something new the inserts they have now are fine but they need to add some new ones as well.

Well, it's late May now ... has anybody seen this set?

It is fast becoming a thing of legend. The figurines were meant to be out by now, as well ... according to the ad in RLW at the start of the year.

Seems to be no information on anything....no figurines, no stickers...and no talk of a series 2 of cards...:mad::(
Brplat

Stickers are out today at the newsagents. $1.50 per pack, $75 per box.
Albums are $3.99 and include 2 packs of stickers.
This is from Select:

NRL STICKERS AND ALBUMS 2009
The NRL Stickers and Sticker Albums have arrived!!

They are available from newsagents, hobby stores and from our website.

Only boxes of 50 available from the website.

Recommended Retail Price is $75 per box. Each box contains 50 packets of 6 stickers per packet.

Individual packets are available from your retailer for $1.50 per packet.

The value pack price of an NRL Sticker album is $3.99. Each album comes with two free packets, thats $7.95 value for $3.99!!!

There are 288 stickers to collect.

SO JOIN THE TEAM, AND COLLECT SELECT!!!

yeh the 09 afl ones went up on ebay last night i think and there's also nrl sealed box, album and the 2 free packs on there for $63

i love the idea of stickers. Also last year they did release the cards in the paper late in the season.

So see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom