1998/99 Select Hobby Box

Hey All,

I recently saw on Ebay some of these 1998/99 World Class cards described as "Laser Foil" and they had a yellow / gold background. As far as I know, the Retail WC cards and the Chrome Foil Hobby WC cards (blue background)were the only WC cards issued.

I did have the cards on watch, but from memory, they disappeared before the auction was up...

As a greenhorn, can someone please either correct me if I am wrong, or advise where these Laser Foil cards fitted into the scheme of things, and if there were any Laser Foil Record Breakers cards??

Cheers,

Grant.

Ahhh OK then... Thanks Dan.

So these "Laser Foil" World Class cards are the gold versions are they??

I knew that the base set had three parallel sets, but I assumed the World Class and Record Breakers had only 2 (the standard and the chrome).

Is there any info as to how many of the Gold World Class and Record Breakers cards were produced??

Ahhh OK then... Thanks Dan.

So these "Laser Foil" World Class cards are the gold versions are they??

I knew that the base set had three parallel sets, but I assumed the World Class and Record Breakers had only 2 (the standard and the chrome).

Is there any info as to how many of the Gold World Class and Record Breakers cards were produced??

There weren't any Gold inserts produced, only the gold parallel base set

yeah thanks mate - figured that one out when I busted 7 boxes and didn't find even one gold insert dammit :lol:

Must have been the light reflecting funny off this blokes cards when he scanned them...

yeah thanks mate - figured that one out when I busted 7 boxes and didn't find even one gold insert dammit :lol:

Must have been the light reflecting funny off this blokes cards when he scanned them...

I gathered that, but just thought I would answer the open question so that anyone else reading it would know;)

These boxes look OK, I have asked for one for Xmas, if I don't get a set will there be heaps of people round here who can help?

haha, good luck with the break mate. ive got one box of 07 futera world football and one of 2010 world football coming for xmas and even though i paid for them both the girlfriend said even if they turn up before xmas i can only open one of them before the day.

haha, good luck with the break mate. ive got one box of 07 futera world football and one of 2010 world football coming for xmas and even though i paid for them both the girlfriend said even if they turn up before xmas i can only open one of them before the day.

Ha, at least you get to open one.

Back
Top Bottom