1995 AFL Sensation Gold W.Carey Redemption

you mean this one

CAREYMVP2.jpg

think i paid about $300 for an unredeemed redemption card about 2 years ago. between $275 and $350 is about right from the sales on ebay ive seen. bloody awesome card. every north melbourne collector has to have this card. im not even a north fan but had to have this one.

Yeah thats the one.
Reason I asked is I have never seen one on eBay or around here, and I have something very similar.

As a prototype, select made ten numbered versions of this card featuring Gary Ablett snr, who had won the previous years AFLPA MVP. I have one of those ten.

Curious as to what the general opinion of it's value would be.

I'll post a photo of it tomorrow.

Yeah thats the one.
Reason I asked is I have never seen one on eBay or around here, and I have something very similar.

As a prototype, select made ten numbered versions of this card featuring Gary Ablett snr, who had won the previous years AFLPA MVP. I have one of those ten.

Curious as to what the general opinion of it's value would be.

I'll post a photo of it tomorrow.

there was a guy on the other afl card forum that had one too, he posted a picture of it a few years back. wasnt you was it mate? they are very rare, probably the rarest of the rare. my best advice is only sell if you absolutely have to. about 3 or 4 careys have sold in the last 2 years or so, all for around 275-350. but the ablett one could be upto $5000 or more. you can pretty much ask anything you like for this card, they are never for sale. only ever seen or heard of the one on the other forum.

found picture, are you chooka11 on the other forum?

gary%20ablett.jpg

No I am not anyone else on any other forum. Have never taken a photo of the 'card' before.
Cant remember what number it is, I'll check tomorrow when I unearth it from my parents house.

Did some work with Select in the early nineties just as they picked up the AFL license. My Brother & I worked/ran the Card Heaven stores in Melbourne for years. Grant Copley or Lyn Marks gave it to me as thanks.
Remember being told that Ablett himself was given one of them(number 5/10 according to the story) , that the AFL licencing dept had been sent one or two.
I know of one other person that ended up with one after hounding Grant at Select.

Prob wouldnt sell it unless really desperate. Was offered $50 for it 10+ yrs ago at a card show, but not that silly.

No I am not anyone else on any other forum. Have never taken a photo of the 'card' before.
Cant remember what number it is, I'll check tomorrow when I unearth it from my parents house.

Did some work with Select in the early nineties just as they picked up the AFL license. My Brother & I worked/ran the Card Heaven stores in Melbourne for years. Grant Copley or Lyn Marks gave it to me as thanks.
Remember being told that Ablett himself was given one of them(number 5/10 according to the story) , that the AFL licencing dept had been sent one or two.
I know of one other person that ended up with one after hounding Grant at Select.

Prob wouldnt sell it unless really desperate. Was offered $50 for it 10+ yrs ago at a card show, but not that silly.

nice. put a picture up when ya can mate. getting your hands on one of these would be like getting your hands on the holy grail lol. if i was rich it would be the first card i would find and buy!

Wow, what a card Chris! Great little story, first i have heard about this card .. looks unreal. Definetly would would be worth a fair bit if you were ever to sell.

Thanks for sharing.

yeah i saw abletts #5 at the time, he rocked up to a card shop to do a signing session and little gary
had his card collection with him, and there it was.

bloody fantastic card.

I would value it around $400 probably.

But who knows could go for far less or far more on the bay!

I think this would go for crazy money on ebay. I would be thinking at least 4 figures.

An amazing card Chris - thanks for sharing the story and the card.

Won't be landing on eBay anytime soon.
Nice momento from my previous time working in the industry.
Apart from some crazy stories, and an 82 topps traded Cal Ripken RC, pretty much the only thing of value to show for all those years.

yeah nice superannuation package there or an insane family heirloom item for the great great grand kiddies..

I used to like phoning you guys at card heaven at times, the phone would be answered.. "hello heaven"
i'd ask if i was speaking to god himself or is that just you again.

awesome card cp4142, i say dont sell it, it will only rise in value over time. story goes Select did these promos before the award was even voted on. they thought gazza was going to win. turns out carey just got him. i would say this would sell for anywhere between $3500-$6000. its one of those cards that if you want it, you have to pay an arm and a leg because who knows when you will see another one.

Back
Top Bottom