1994-95 Futera Signature Series

Essellohbeebeewhy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
I won this on ebay for a god damn fortune :mad::mad::mad: i asked howzat before i bid on it knowing he was after it. i said i wouldnt bid if he was going to but he gave me the green light. Im pretty sure this was shilled and im holding members on here responsible!!...Theres no way this card sells for what it went for...quite a few people on here knew people on here were after it so i think they took advantage of it. All good though, cos who ever the weak tossa's were who did it, i STILL won it so eat a d!ck! SET COMPLETE!!!

oh and btw you can notice that the redemption card wasnt hold punched, so i did it myself when i got home :lol:

1994-95 Futera Signature Series 6 David Boon.jpg

Im pretty sure this was shilled and im holding members on here responsible!!...Theres no way this card sells for what it went for...quite a few people on here knew people on here were after it so i think they took advantage of it. All good though, cos who ever the weak tossa's were who did it, i STILL won it so eat a d!ck! SET COMPLETE!!!

Look what i paid for the same card last week.
1994/1995 DAVID BOON AUTOGRAPHED CARD - eBay Full Sets, Trading Cards, Cricket, Sport. (end time 31-Aug-09 20:29:00 AEST)

Its a shame you got done that way, we have been trying to avoid this by developing our card price guide! What did you pay for it?
Its also a shame you punched it yourself, its probably worth more unpunched!

Hopefully all you guys have got the auto's you wanted, now i can go and complete my set and pay a reasonable price for these auto cards.
some of the prices these autos are selling for is making Cardzone prices look reasonable.

Pretty sure that more people than you and Liam in Oz like David Boon slobby - not sure why you think it was shilled, surely you know how competitive eBay can be? If you weren't happy with the price then why bid so high? There are 1000 of these sigs and they pop up on ebay almost every week. They are not hard to get.

What did you end up paying for the auction?

Did you think maybe people were willing to pay more because the card is unpunched? I didn't see the auction but I would have been interested had I known it was unpunched, and I already have the Boon sig.

Bad move punching the card yourself though, not sure why you would do that?

Pretty sure that more people than you and Liam in Oz like David Boon slobby - not sure why you think it was shilled, surely you know how competitive eBay can be? If you weren't happy with the price then why bid so high? There are 1000 of these sigs and they pop up on ebay almost every week. They are not hard to get.

What did you end up paying for the auction?

Did you think maybe people were willing to pay more because the card is unpunched? I didn't see the auction but I would have been interested had I known it was unpunched, and I already have the Boon sig.

Bad move punching the card yourself though, not sure why you would do that?

yeah mate im sure we arent the only ones who like boony, i did the right thing by him though and asked him if he was bidding on it because i wanted him to get it at the best price, he gave me the green light...i knew how much he wanted it but he let me have it :D:D great guy!!....i paid $120 :mad: surely an unpunched version isnt worth much more.....i scanned the card a week after i got it and didnt even realise until i scanned it :blink: as for why i punched it....the more you get to know me the more you will see that insanity is a mental trait i simply cant shake, plus all my others were punched and im not paying another $120 for a punched version and i doubt anyone in here would have swapped me. probably what annoyed me the most was that ive missed the card 3 times, each under $100

---------- Post added 09-09-2009 at 02:09 PM ----------

You must be joking. Look what i paid for the same card last week. You got it cheap compared to what signature cards in this series have been selling for recently. There were only two other bidders one 4 days before and one the day before neither with a significant bidding history with the seller. Were you being shilled you would have paid a lot more.

1994/1995 DAVID BOON AUTOGRAPHED CARD - eBay Full Sets, Trading Cards, Cricket, Sport. (end time 31-Aug-09 20:29:00 AEST)

mate you paid 106, i paid 120

heres mine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310161681118

Unpunched is much harder to find....I would have swapped you :(

Nevermind, you've got the set now so I guess we won't be able to shill you anymore... ;)

I guess it goes to show how popular this set is that they still pull such good money, but bear in mind we are talking 6 super high-class players in this set - it is a few cuts above the state stars crap we get now.

Unpunched is much harder to find....I would have swapped you :(

Nevermind, you've got the set now so I guess we won't be able to shill you anymore... ;)

I guess it goes to show how popular this set is that they still pull such good money, but bear in mind we are talking 6 super high-class players in this set - it is a few cuts above the state stars crap we get now.

hahaha damn it:mad: do you know of many unpunched ones? it looks much better punched anyway :lol: as annoyed as i am to have paid so much its still great to see that classic quality cards like this still draw those sort of prices. as you can see i rarely deal in the australian market but its great to see stuff like the gaze and these cards still wanted by collectors...i think we were pretty lucky to have a period of time like that in the 90's with that sort of production...shame it will never go back to that :cry: i still cant get over some of you guys collections. truely amazing...starting to wish i didnt throw out all my cricket/football/union cards (insanity) i still have the mark ella tribute card and the allan border hologram that i pack pulled, wish they still pulled the same prices as the 90's ahhahaha

Apologies to slobby. We both paid too much but what's done is done. If we had a crystal ball we would have waited.

Missed that one Ron! Was watching it with 10mins to go, but my mrs distracted me and by the time I got back, it ended for $67! Damn!:mad:

I think I will sit back and wait for some of the bidding wars to end on this series ;)

Well done on completing the set slobby :D

Back
Top Bottom