15th July - Australia's Premier Collectables Show - Penrith, NSW

I also put it too him about cases being searched for good cards by dealers and then the rest of boxes left being sold to unsuspecting customers he promised me that he will be doing all in his power to stamp that out
overall was a good day i just thought there would have been more card dealers there, other than that was fairly good

Unfortunately, it is these concerns being brought to ESP that mean the price of cards will be going up. People should just buy from one of the many reliable sellers on OCT if they have any doubts about the legitimacy of an eBay sale.

Unfortunately, it is these concerns being brought to ESP that mean the price of cards will be going up. People should just buy from one of the many reliable sellers on OCT if they have any doubts about the legitimacy of an eBay sale.
i didnt ask him that question because i think any of the ozcard dealers do that i wouldnt know ive never bought any boxes off anyone here i just asked him because ive heard so many people on here complaining about it i thought it was a question that had to be asked i,m sorry if i offended anybody
cheers

Nah it's him, I watched that video of him that was posted on here the other day, 100% him

Add me to the list, i stopped and said hi while there was noone else at his counter...he looked me up and down and then went back to looking at his phone without saying anything back. I'm a normal looking guy, not sure what his problem was.

As a collector (and one who worked in a card shop years ago) I hate it when sellers are rude and treat the collectors like s**t!! I would rather spend the extra few dollars and buy from a friendly seller ie: Gary Westriot (need a discount now Gary lol) !! :lol: seriously though the collectors/buyers control the market and I dont care if this dude has his cards at 50% off he can go shove em with that attitude. anyway it's always good to catch up with fellow collectors at these shows.

If the guy in the video is the rude seller you are talking about, then I agree with you that every time I was at the show, he has always got this snobbish attitude that didn't make me want to go near his store. Unfortunately, I believe he is one of the people who organized footy players to come to the shows and sign cards, because he is the only person who is selling those APCS autograph cards.

As a collector (and one who worked in a card shop years ago) I hate it when sellers are rude and treat the collectors like s**t!! I would rather spend the extra few dollars and buy from a friendly seller ie: Gary Westriot (need a discount now Gary lol) !! :lol: seriously though the collectors/buyers control the market and I dont care if this dude has his cards at 50% off he can go shove em with that attitude. anyway it's always good to catch up with fellow collectors at these shows.

From my experience of going to card shows, I don't recall this guy's card ever being cheaper than Gary's.... unless he is really having a 50% off sale. But I will always buy cards from Gary, he is friendly and knows how to do business.

brian
From my experience of going to card shows, I don't recall this guy's card ever being cheaper than Gary's.... unless he is really having a 50% off sale. But I will always buy cards from Gary, he is friendly and knows how to do business.

Hey Brian, I totally agree. Never meant my post to say that Gary is expensive to buy from just saying that it's always easier and better to buy from someone that actually gives a shit and is easy to talk to... Like Gary!! ;)

brian

Hey Brian, I totally agree. Never meant my post to say that Gary is expensive to buy from just saying that it's always easier and better to buy from someone that actually gives a s*** and is easy to talk to... Like Gary!! ;)

I know exactly what you mean, Gary is a great guy to have in this hobby... I think he is the only one at the Sydney show who still does box breaks at the show, he also actively films others' breaks and post them here.

I know exactly what you mean, Gary is a great guy to have in this hobby... I think he is the only one at the Sydney show who still does box breaks at the show, he also actively films others' breaks and post them here.
sorry to but into your post i was at penrith card show i was one of the people that he was rude to ,who is gary? sounds like the person i need to buy nrl cards off

Back
Top Bottom