12-13 Playoffs - SPOILERS INSIDE

[quotu must be loving this lol. e="drob50, post: 1301908, member: 5159"]It's proven to induce strokes in Grizzlies fans! ;)[/quote]
hahah

Funny you say that about the 'old dudes'!

Here is a Heat/Spurs age comparison:

Heat:

Entire roster average: 31

Starting 5 average: 29.4

Starters and 6th man (Allen): 30.6

Spurs
Entire roster average: 26.3

Starting 5 average: 28.4

Starters and 6th man (Manu): 29.5

I don't care about that I'm simply carrying on the stereotype! :lol:

It's just Duncan, as long as he is the main figure, his age will equal the team average

It has to be said that Udonis and Bosh have the wide open long jumper every single time they want it. Hibbert just lives in the paint and his foot speed in reaching perimeter jumpers isn't there for straight up or help defence. If your Indiana, I think you live with the perimeter shots rather than letting the Heat take it inside. My prediction still stands, 4-2 Miami or 4-3 Miami. This one is going to be a series and Indiana will be prepared next game.

drobfan8..we said earlier that it's hard to see Miami and Spurs not making it to the Finals. Spurs have found a way to win all 3 hard fought games so kudos to them as a 2-1 margin is very different from a 3-0 cushion. A Spurs-Heat match up would be a great series...would you say Spurs would be favourites to win in that series?

No way the Spurs will be favs.

Not sure why you're so keen for the Heat to lose the favourite tag. But they are under $1.50 to win the Chip I think.

Heat also have home court advantage which is massive.

If the Heat get through Indy like they should, I think it's still the Heats to lose.

Not sure why you're so keen for the Heat to lose the favourite tag. But they are under $1.50 to win the Chip I think.

If the Heat get through Indy like they should, I think it's still the Heats to lose.

I don't think HC in the finals is as big as the other rounds. The 2,3,2 format makes it more even I think.

It's more to do with how the Spurs have cruised past the Lakers, adjusted to a high octane Warriors team, readjusted to a physical and big Memphis team and seem to be reaching their stride and peaking at the right moment, and they've now got extended time to rest and get healthy and study game film. Mind you, Ginobili hasn't been stellar but the balance and contributions from everyone else has negated his poor play. Now, flip over to Miami. They struggled a initially with the Bulls and they have struggled in the first two games with the Pacers before turning it on in G3. Their bench play hasn't been consistent, their 3 point shooting has been off, Wade doesn't appear to be healthy and doesn't get to the free throw line at all and his numbers are way down from the regular season, their size and rebounding is still a big question mark and they just haven't played well all in all. If you ask me, I would be looking at the Spurs as favorites when you look at where things are right now.

At least T Mac can suit up...Juwan is the Miami Heat's ugliest but highest paid cheerleader unfortunately.

I am not gonna fall into the trap of commenting on any guys looks (thats just the way I roll), but I did want to clarify that Howard has been playing (or cheerleading as you put it) for the Leagues Veterans Minimum Wage for the last 3 years, and this year inparticular, he has been gaining experience sitting on the bench playing the role of Assistant Coach, which will be his job description come next season. And while T Mac can suit up, he has about as much chance of getting in the game as Howard does, and Howard is actually dressed in a SUIT.

It was a tongue in cheek comment obviously comparing juwan to the Miami Heat dancers (which any normal male would attest to them being more aesthetically pleasing than another hairy man, not Juwan in particular). Anyway, the Heat obviously valued his intangible leadership qualities off the court more than what his game is right now as evidenced by the grand total of 7 games he's appeared in this season. Obviously, you being a Fab 5 fan you felt the need to defend him and that's cool with me.

It's more to do with how the Spurs have cruised past the Lakers, adjusted to a high octane Warriors team, readjusted to a physical and big Memphis team and seem to be reaching their stride and peaking at the right moment, and they've now got extended time to rest and get healthy and study game film. Mind you, Ginobili hasn't been stellar but the balance and contributions from everyone else has negated his poor play. Now, flip over to Miami. They struggled a initially with the Bulls and they have struggled in the first two games with the Pacers before turning it on in G3. Their bench play hasn't been consistent, their 3 point shooting has been off, Wade doesn't appear to be healthy and doesn't get to the free throw line at all and his numbers are way down from the regular season, their size and rebounding is still a big question mark and they just haven't played well all in all. If you ask me, I would be looking at the Spurs as favorites when you look at where things are right now.

All valid points but you're dreaming if the Spurs should be favourites.

The Lakers were garbage without Kobe and showed they had no heart without him, couldn't even make 1 game tight.

GS were a different match up for the Spurs.

Memphis has been tough even though a sweep never represents that.

On the other side, Miami have cruised and have only flexed their muscle when they've lost a game.

Spurs have played their hardest night in and out.

Heat are still in 2nd gear and will be very short favourites.

And yes people, Home court is still a big deal even with the format. You go up 2 - 0 and it's pretty much over.

I'm hopinh for a great series. Lots of interesting match ups.

LOL Coach Vogel must be having fits...subs out Hibbert for Augustin on the last play of 2nd quarter and what does Lebron do? Makes a layup. Hilarious.
Miami shooting 39 percent, Indiana at 50 percent, being outrebounded (as usual) and Miami is down only 1 at the break? I'll take any day, every day of the week.

Phantom offensive foul on LeBron and he's done for the night. This one is in the bag for Indy.

Tough loss, Miami were right there. Too many offensive rebounds given up in the 4th after they made the crucial defensive stops.

Back
Top Bottom