Status
Not open for further replies.

StarburyMatrix3

PHOENIX WILL RISE AGAIN
Real Name
Travis
Hey guys, i am running another group break on youtube. This time its :

07-08 UD Premier, 1 Box, 7 Cards

There is 30 spots (1 random team per spot) for $14 per spot (to Australia)

I hate to charge you guys $2 extra but the price did go up while getitng spots filled and some of the $$ might have to come out of my pocket. so just an extra $2 for shipping to AUS

i know there is only 7 cards which means 23 people most likely wont get a hit but its a small price to pay for a chance at some HIGHEND autos and other sick cards. i only have 7 spots left and need to get it filled by this weekend. please pm me or comment in this thread if your interested and ill give you my paypal account so you can send the $14 ASAP

PLEASE let me know if your interested, this should be a super fun break!

I can recommend travis's breaks to be highly entertaining and great value. I'm in on this one to. Keep up the good work mate! :v:

Didnt these breaks already get knocked back "you can't have a raffle type break where people can miss out as "IT IS A FORM OF GAMBLING" and the site could be closed down for doing so. You've been told this before on more than one occasion that I know of.

Also why would you charge people in Aus $2 extra shipping when they are only a 7 in 30 chance (23%) to need to have a card shipped? Wouldn't it be easier to send $2 paypal if someone was to actually get a spot/hit?

hmmm i never thought of it as gambling before, but its not exactly getting run on or for this site either, its just an option.

Meh life is full of risk, and id risk $14 to get a jordan auto, but thats me.

hmmm i never thought of it as gambling before, but its not exactly getting run on or for this site either, its just an option.

Meh life is full of risk, and id risk $14 to get a jordan auto, but thats me.

It's not about the risk bro I'd risk it to, it's the fact that this site can get in legal trouble if it is seen to be running some type of raffle/gambling.
Which is exactly what this is.........

It's not about the risk bro I'd risk it to, it's the fact that this site can get in legal trouble if it is seen to be running some type of raffle/gambling.
Which is exactly what this is.........

technically not mate, travis is overseas and there is no gambling from this site, so legal action isn't goin to happen. I'm pretty sure its only illegal for australians to gamble on an australian site, atleast it was when i was into domaining and such.

anyway... im gunna get the jordan outta this so it doesnt matter :v:

technically not mate, travis is overseas and there is no gambling from this site, so legal action isn't goin to happen. I'm pretty sure its only illegal for australians to gamble on an australian site, atleast it was when i was into domaining and such.

anyway... im gunna get the jordan outta this so it doesnt matter :v:

If it's being advertised on this site and paid for through advertising to members of this site then the site could be liable.

wouldnt that just open up a whole bunch of loopholes with site advertising anyway?

I dunno, anyway.... ultimately its not my decision.

Yep - unless all members get a return then it is technically a raffle/lottery and can't be allowed to be run here.

Sorry guys.

fair enough, i mean i do see loopholes, but we have rules for a reason. I will admitt i suggested travis ask here because of the popularity of the group break i ran.

"GAMING REGULATIONS ACT: 2.2.3. Advertising lotteries
(1) A person must not-
(a) publish or exhibit; or
(b) cause or permit to be published or exhibited-
in a newspaper or broadcast telecast or on a notice or by electronic means or
otherwise any information relating to a lottery. Penalty: 100 penalty units."

Think that equates to about $10,000! Think of the number of cards!

"GAMING REGULATIONS ACT: 2.2.3. Advertising lotteries
(1) A person must not-
(a) publish or exhibit; or
(b) cause or permit to be published or exhibited-
in a newspaper or broadcast telecast or on a notice or by electronic means or
otherwise any information relating to a lottery. Penalty: 100 penalty units."

Think that equates to about $10,000! Think of the number of cards!

an act only binding in australia with no international court who would try this? but anyway as i said, there are rules for a reason, my bad for suggesting it

an act only binding in australia with no international court who would try this? but anyway as i said, there are rules for a reason, my bad for suggesting it

A Victorian court, or state equivalent would enforce it against the site owners...as that's who the provision relates to...:blink:

I think it's a good idea, just unfortunately can't be advertised in Australia without a permit

wow that is really a sticky situation with alot of affiliate stuff. Anyway fair enough, guess the thread should be shut down then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom