nvd001

Knicks Baby!!
Real Name
Evan
eBay User
nvd001
has this ever happened to anyone else??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8809175106

you're watching an item and it's still really cheap and you start thinking you're in for a bargain and the seller goes and cancels the item?!? :mad: :mad:

it went without a bid (starting bid @ $9.99) for like 3-4 days so i thought i would throw on a bid just so he couldn't cancel it, but it turns out he still could.

i thought that once there is a bid on an item you can no longer cancel it?!?

any thoughts or similar stories??

P.S. the card had about 13 hours to go and was only at $15.50US!!!

I feel for you dude. But i thought that if there was a bid the auction couldnt be cancelled....

You will have to take it up with ebay

Yeah that happened to me ages ago. I had an LJ autographics #'d to 50 - poorly labelled and was siting at $13 with an hr to go. They were worth about $80 or so. then the auction was cancelled with minutes left. I complained but didn't get anywhere - seller just told ebay that the item got damaged or something and there was nothing I could do - rrraaaaggggeee!!!!!

Yean, can't end it if there are bids and less then 12 hours left. he cancelled it with about 13 hours left :(
i contacted him and asked what dollars he is after and he is sending a scan and asked me to make an offer?!?

Offer him what it was at when ended. Wasnt that the same as his initial listing price?

It obviously wont sell for much more, or there would have been more bidders on it...

MavsMan© said:
If the items' got more than 12 hours to go, they can cancel it. (and choose to sell to high bidder, or cancel), if less than 12 hours, they have to leave it.

Correct ;)

Sorry to hear you missed out NVD :(

MavsMan© said:
Offer him what it was at when ended. Wasnt that the same as his initial listing price?

It obviously wont sell for much more, or there would have been more bidders on it...

starting price - $9.99
cancelled @ $15.50

i agree with you scotty, it wouldn't of sold for much more or there would of been more bidders, but i did a search and a Hakeem of the same card sold for $76?!?

but i will probably offer him maybe $30-40. i would be happy to pay that.

i'll just say something like "judging by the fact it was still at $16 with 13 hours to go, the most i think it is worth is ..... "

something like that?!?

Most of the bids come within the last few minutes anyway. Ive seen cards shoot from a couple of dollars to a couple of hundred in the last 10 minutes.

yeah....sniping!!

but generally if a card is really popular there will be plenty of bids at the start. this went almost 3-4 days before i placed the first bid on it?!?

weird, cos it's an awesome card from a seller that ships internationally and has a 99.7% positive feedback from over 1700 feedback and accepts paypal.

i dont know why it didnt have more bids :confused:

That's a bummer Ev! Sweet card it was....

However, remember that only the seller is able to know how many watchers there are for this card, meaning if it's getting many interests or not.

I think you still get charged your fees..

ive had items with10 watchers never get a bid...but some with none get heaps...its not a good indication

the guys pic isnt very good, maybe thats why it wasnt getting any attention? Im watching a robinson auto with no pic...its about half what another is...the one Im watching only has a few hours, while the listing with the pic has 2 days left!

even in the guys description he says "I cant put up a pic, so its your chance to get this at a bargain!" LOL

I received an email from the seller with a scan of the card and he says he has received an offer of $80 from someone else already!!

should i complain to ebay about the whole situation?? or will i not get very far??

this is the message i just sent him.....

"being a melo player collector i must admit, that is a sweet card, but going on the fact that the card was only at $15.50 when you cancelled it, i would only offer you say $40 - $50. i believe ending an item because it isn't selling for as many $$ as you would of hoped is bulls##t and ruins everybodies ebay experience. i am left with no other choice then to complain to ebay about this situation.
Evan"

what do you guys think??

Back
Top Bottom