Another fake card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlad,
I saw that one too and I think ill steer clear of that one!
Cheers
Matt

You do know that card manufacturers mess up!!!!

Having said that, the card should be #'d on the back, which means more than likely this seller got the card through the fleer auctions (or purchased it from eBay from someone who got it from the auctions). Whether or not this seller put the patches in, remains to be seen. It could be that Fleer picked this up before the cards were released, and removed the error cards (although not always the case, as I know of some cards with reversed swatches), and then when they went bust, it was sold off as part of their inventory.

But I don't think it's fake.

It's like the Throwbacks' one I had up the other day.

From Fleer Auctions, but the patces are real. It's like they make extra cards in case of replacements, or something, and dont number them.....

It's the Star patch, but being a Mavs uni and not Suns.......

without a doubt a fake. the two biggest fakers of patches on ebay atm are pugsly14 and bbtoystore, have a look at all their stuff for sale.

That one does look fake however I have seen about 3 genuine /10 versions of this card. ALL of them featured a Dallas type swatch from the Walker side and a Hawks type on the Nash side.

Also I have the patch and regular jersey from this same set and both of Walker state they are from a Dallas jersey however both the pieces are red and the patch has yellow and black.

Im positive they stuffed up with this set.

JZA said:
without a doubt a fake. the two biggest fakers of patches on ebay atm are pugsly14 and bbtoystore, have a look at all their stuff for sale.

Dude, as noted before, they're more than likely not fakes, but items obtained from the Fleer Auctions.

Although these sellers don't proclaim these cards are the actual Fleer cards that can be pulled from packs, they also do not divulge the information that the cards had been obtained from the Fleer Vaults.

That only really makes it immoral & unethical, doesn't make it wrong.

clarkescards said:
Dude, as noted before, they're more than likely not fakes, but items obtained from the Fleer Auctions.

Although these sellers don't proclaim these cards are the actual Fleer cards that can be pulled from packs, they also do not divulge the information that the cards had been obtained from the Fleer Vaults.

That only really makes it immoral & unethical, doesn't make it wrong.

fleer auction cards fit the defintion of fake in my opinion, its cool if you dont agree. theyre certainly not authentic, so i dont know what else you could label them.

i think its fairly obvious they want buyers to think its authentic, and id be AMAZED if any of the buyers of these cards actually knew the cards were from the fleer auctions and that the patches were fake.

sellers like them should be carstrated, dunno why you seem to be sticking up for them? :confused:

sellers like them should be carstrated, dunno why you seem to be sticking up for them?

I don't know that anyone's sticking up for the sellers in this case (in fact Clarkey did say they were unethical etc)....the point is, they most likely are authentic Fleer cards. They do and will have a value...the issue is that at the moment there is no way to accurately identify the cards from the auctions and it does not help when the sellers of these cards are not upfront about the cards and where they were sourced from.

Unripped is the parallel version (#'d to 50).

It appears that these are probably Fleer's inhand replacement stock, that contained the maximum #'d, but not the actual # (possibly to be added later when replacing???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom