Mass Break Day - MtG Return to Ravnica: Fat Pack + Booster Box

Lazlow

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mat
eBay User
blackmetalfan666
Initially just ordered a Fat Pack, but then I found out there's a local comic and collectibles store than sells Magic The Gathering so today I grabbed a Booster Box as well.

First the Fat Pack which comes with 9 Booster Packs:

jbtAOeMyJtG6dv.jpg

Rares

jbzeBopdAqyYtn.jpg

Mythic Rares

jQQPZaJ2zOPuI.jpg

Foil Parallels -

Beat the odds with 4 foils from 9 packs and a good mix, with a common, uncommon, rare and mythic.

Given that its 3am I'll leave the Booster Box for later in the day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Busted the booster box in lots of 12 over the course of the day, only to lose internet for 24 hours. Here are the results:

Rares (tried to group them by guild, then had the regulars at the end)
MBYiMJR.jpg

Q9LWoOb.jpg

PTHaCB7.jpg

SNQXxPz.jpg

gp00ZHd.jpg

The big hits here are the shock (ie 2 colour) lands like Hallowed Fountain, Overgrown Tomb and Temple Garden. Deathrite Shaman is also a great pull, highest value Rare in this set at about $15.

Mythics
yf0Taqh.jpg

Was happy to pull the Vraska as it was down to my last twelve and had yet to pull a Planeswalker. Radkos's Return pips it for resale value though.

Foils (foil doesn't really show up on the scan, but they do look nice, especially the guild cards)
zFynOED.jpg

jrgCLAF.jpg

This was a fun bust, and now I have 675 cards to sort through. Might try and complete the guilds first, then worry about completing the set. Whole set is only 274 cards so I should be right for commons and possibly uncommons.

Haha, it sure is :D

FWIW, the key is to check the set logo that sits on the right under the illustration:

Black = Common
Silver = Uncommon
Gold = Rare
Red = Mythic Rare

Each pack has 10 commons, 1 land, 3 Uncommons and then either a Rare or Mythic Rare, with Rares being inserted more frequently.

Foils are inserted 1 in 67 cards. So for 9 packs mathematically I should've got 2 foil cards.

Back
Top Bottom