How do you keep track of your collection ?

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Following on from Jaames thread, that I didn't want to hijack - http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/seattle-seahawks-autos.144965/#post-1344347

Just had a very quick look and my figure is somewhere around 67 different Ram players that I have at least one auto of...maybe a few less as some may be in college uni's

It was an interesting trip down memory lane though, and it told me I really need to organise my collection a bit more ! I used to have a database I kept everything in, but what a chore that was... Stopped updating it in 2003, so kind of a little out of date now...just a little...heh heh..

Still wanting to scan all my Auto's and GU's up onto photobucket some day, like I have my NASCAR stuff as it looks pretty good and is always a handy reference....not too bad to maintain with stuff coming in, but getting it all done in the first place is a big job...

How's everyone else keep track of things ?

Last edited:
I use excel to log all my cards. Time consuming but it does save time when on ebay trying to figure out if I already own the card or not.

I wrote an app which then can create want/trade lists automatically for me too.

I've only just started really looking for other Seahawks players now that it's getting harder for me to find Deon Butler cards I don't already have.

Now that I'm buying different players I put all the autos in a folder and go through it every time I'm shopping on eBay or COMC to see if I already have it. I'm going to make a website of my Seahawks cards so I can always refer to that when needed.

I use an excel spreadsheet to try and keep track of all my PC stuff. I used Beckett as a reference to get a complete list for Miles Burris and a couple other players and copied this into excel and as I go I cross that card out. I also use this to track my set wants and have just started listing all the different Raider autos I have (and what is "incoming") by last name to track these too.

Like Trevor, I would love to try and scan all my PC and have started, but it is such a tedious job and my scanner always craps out..

I was thinking about this the other day actually, but what if we started a thread and each had a post in it we could edit our wants or what have you? That way everyone else here could see the wants of each other and can help be on the look out if we were to see anything? It also means those boring moments at work where we are browsing eBay etc we could simply reference our own post for a quick breakdown of what/who we may be looking for if the want lists are saved on a home computer

I was thinking about this the other day actually, but what if we started a thread and each had a post in it we could edit our wants or what have you? That way everyone else here could see the wants of each other and can help be on the look out if we were to see anything? It also means those boring moments at work where we are browsing eBay etc we could simply reference our own post for a quick breakdown of what/who we may be looking for if the want lists are saved on a home computer

Probably a useful idea, though my post might be a bit big LOL...although I suppose I could abbreviate it to " Gimme all your Rams " ;)

I have a print out of Gary Payton's checklist from Beckett and mark them off manually. Im in the process of now taking pictures of every card and making a website which I can just look at and see if I need a card or not.
Keeping track is a pain when you have around 900 cards of a possible 2500.

I use a spreadsheet in Excel based on the Beckett listings as well. Took out a 1 month Price Guide subscription, then did a search on all Niners cards and transferred that to a spreadsheet. Thus I have prices for each card. Then mark them off as I go. Also split my spreadsheet into a few different sheets, 1/1s, all cards numbered to less than 100 (ie. Less of a priority for me to get), and all unnumbered or over 100 serialled cards. Then subcategorized each card as a commons,inserts or parallel. Took ages but well worth it i think!

I use a spreadsheet in Excel based on the Beckett listings as well. Took out a 1 month Price Guide subscription, then did a search on all Niners cards and transferred that to a spreadsheet. Thus I have prices for each card. Then mark them off as I go. Also split my spreadsheet into a few different sheets, 1/1s, all cards numbered to less than 100 (ie. Less of a priority for me to get), and all unnumbered or over 100 serialled cards. Then subcategorized each card as a commons,inserts or parallel. Took ages but well worth it i think!

Wow! That sounds intense!

Back
Top Bottom