Your Team's Pre-Season

jefferson

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jeff
eBay User
jeff_co8
Hey guys,

Was posting this more out of boredom, but was wondering if anyone's managed to attend any of their team's training sessions or has paid close attention to your team's progress during the off-season.
Good chance to discuss players to look out for and what you expect for the upcoming season :D

Cheers,

jeff

Dane Swan has been putting in some solid hours at the tattoo parlor. Expect him to have a full body suit this year.

For any Essendon supporters who are interested, the boys train down at Victoria Park on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays from 9-11 in the morning. Might check it out this weds :D

Our Vice Captain The mighty Beau Waters, said the boys are training the house down, and that Luke Shuey is a machine. Look out to 4 again for sure, just hope injuries stay away for another year

yeah the cliche "this is the hardest pre-season ever" is making the rounds around all clubs now. Do the Eagles train at Patterson's doing the off-season?

yeah the cliche "this is the hardest pre-season ever" is making the rounds around all clubs now. Do the Eagles train at Patterson's doing the off-season?

Yeah seems like all clubs are training well, makes it hard for Supercoach and dreamteam picking. Eagles have some open training sessions at Subiaco oval, but calling the club to get times and dates would be a good idea.Is Crameri fully fit yet?

Yeah seems like all clubs are training well, makes it hard for Supercoach and dreamteam picking. Eagles have some open training sessions at Subiaco oval, but calling the club to get times and dates would be a good idea.Is Crameri fully fit yet?

Still mending, I think he's on cardio rather than any heavy lifting just to let his shoulder fully mend and to keep his general fitness up. Yeah pretty hard to find out when we can watch the boys train. Clubs usually hold an open training sesh during the holidays for fans, but I know you can just go down and watch some clubs train due to the venue. Collingwood and Melbourne train down at Gosch's Paddock which is On Punt Rd and there's no expectation of privacy. Isn't Subiaco, Patterson's now?

Still mending, I think he's on cardio rather than any heavy lifting just to let his shoulder fully mend and to keep his general fitness up. Yeah pretty hard to find out when we can watch the boys train. Clubs usually hold an open training sesh during the holidays for fans, but I know you can just go down and watch some clubs train due to the venue. Collingwood and Melbourne train down at Gosch's Paddock which is On Punt Rd and there's no expectation of privacy. Isn't Subiaco, Patterson's now?

It sure is but here in the west, most still call it Subi, I hate the name Pattersons. It sounds just terrible.

It sure is but here in the west, most still call it Subi, I hate the name Pattersons. It sounds just terrible.

Fair enough, Subiaco sounds so much more fitting. Sounds really beneficial to be able to train and practice weekly on a ground you'd be playing on competitively for the season. How do you guys work out training schedules with Fremantle?

Fair enough, Subiaco sounds so much more fitting. Sounds really beneficial to be able to train and practice weekly on a ground you'd be playing on competitively for the season. How do you guys work out training schedules with Fremantle?

It sure is, really not sure. I live 60kms away from Perth so don't venture up that way often in the pre season. Is Gumbleton training with the main group too? Is that boy made of glass or what?

"Player X is having his best preseason ever"
"Player Y, now doing his second preseason after his rookie year has bulked up considerably"
"Player Z's rehab is going well, expect him to be fit for Round 2 of the NAB Cup"
"Player A is setting new PBs in all the time trials"
"Team X are training the house down, look raring to go to have a good year"

I'm afraid no matter which supporter board you goto you're probably going to hear all of the above about their team.
We wont know until the real stuff starts (no, not NAB Cup!) before any of the above can be justified...

"Player X is having his best preseason ever"
"Player Y, now doing his second preseason after his rookie year has bulked up considerably"
"Player Z's rehab is going well, expect him to be fit for Round 2 of the NAB Cup"
"Player A is setting new PBs in all the time trials"
"Team X are training the house down, look raring to go to have a good year"

I'm afraid no matter which supporter board you goto you're probably going to hear all of the above about their team.
We wont know until the real stuff starts (no, not NAB Cup!) before any of the above can be justified...

Fair enough, but one can still speculate and discuss. Nothing much more to do during the off-season :p

---------- Post added 16-01-2012 at 05:42 PM ----------

It sure is, really not sure. I live 60kms away from Perth so don't venture up that way often in the pre season. Is Gumbleton training with the main group too? Is that boy made of glass or what?

Gumbleton is one that continues to frustrate. I think just put him out on the field and let him play. As I overhead one Essendon supporter tell their kid when looking at player badges - "Look son, that is what Gumbleton actually looks like."

Back
Top Bottom