Your opinion on Select Inserts (nrl can have comments too)

saka55

GO DEMONS!
Real Name
Billy
eBay User
bn55saka
Hi guys just wondering what you guys think about the select inserts, I like pretty much all of them. I have nothing against DT's but I don't think Select make the right decision with that players they choose eg: Brad Miller and Aaron Davey? as a Dees supporter I would of liked Davey and Wonamerri or Green and Bruce. I got a Port DT and I thought it was worse than Melbourne, Salopek and Motlop? Other than that A+!:thumbsup:

I liked the inserts this year.

But every year it gets more boring and the chance of getting your money back on a box is at an all time low

i loved every insert this year but the gold foil signatures, they are so boring and i really can't stand them lol

i think (as a NRL collector) the inserts were good...but they are too same old same old. Gem cards, Sketches, Foil Signatures....its just starting to get boring to me (Talking about the champions series here guys). Lucky i only collect penrith cards now :)
Brplat

yeh totally right Dan, sketch cards are too boring. they need new ideas next year, better inserts etc. i am only going to collect players for my PC and eagles cards not the set, i will get more of the second series then

I will never buy a box of the first series cards, unless it was 06 in which it had the predictors i had a crack at that box got a x factor of wells thomas and pendlebury, they need to take a look back at that year, the rookies can stay but when the gold coast team comes in they need to think real hard of what to produce, the foil signatures are getting way too boring they have had them for 3 years now, the gems are also in there third year nothing wrong with them but change it up abit, the second series is pretty good with the double troubles predictors etc, but once again with the gold coast taking nearly half the top 16 draft picks in the next few years you can't have draft pick signatures just of the one team,

And saka only go for an old box if you have the money because if you don't hit the right things then its a waste of money, but if you have money to throw around once in a while have a crack could prove to be lucky like myself

Obviously the fact that they are regurgitating the same insert series for 3 years in a row will start to test collectors. If they do it for a 4th year i will be taking my picket sign and marching up and down their front lawn....even if i am alone.

I will never buy a box of the first series cards, unless it was 06 in which it had the predictors i had a crack at that box got a x factor of wells thomas and pendlebury, they need to take a look back at that year, the rookies can stay but when the gold coast team comes in they need to think real hard of what to produce, the foil signatures are getting way too boring they have had them for 3 years now, the gems are also in there third year nothing wrong with them but change it up abit, the second series is pretty good with the double troubles predictors etc, but once again with the gold coast taking nearly half the top 16 draft picks in the next few years you can't have draft pick signatures just of the one team,

And saka only go for an old box if you have the money because if you don't hit the right things then its a waste of money, but if you have money to throw around once in a while have a crack could prove to be lucky like myself
So basically its a 50/50 chance of making good money? If you dont what would I make? How much is a dynasty box??:thumbsup:

So basically its a 50/50 chance of making good money? If you dont what would I make? How much is a dynasty box??:thumbsup:

Probably less than 50/50

this is a good example, i opened a box of dynasty a few weeks ago, $200 for the box plus postage,

this is what i pulled and what i made from it,

Lance Franklin Dps sold for $200 (obviously the best dps in the series any other would be between $15-100)

Carlton Premiers card $20

Collingwood predictor $20 (one of the good ones to get sold a crows one for $5 a month or so ago thats what the rest would be worth,)

all australians are only a few dollars each,

Now say if you where to pull

Cameron Wood Dps sell for $20-30

Premiers card $20

Predictor $5-15, chance of the swans which is about $80-100

chance of a platinum die cut but there one per 2 boxes,

pretty big risks unless you hit the right stuff but then i only made $50 profit and i got the best signature in the series.

Luckily I also pulled a Buddy in my box of 2005 Dynasty. Have got a bit of Mojo about me at the moment.

But Select really do need to lift their game. Start doing guernsey cards FFS!!!!!!

With a piece of guernsey in it. There were some in 2004. I think there is a Jono Brown redemption card on eBay at the moment.

Yer select have had some good ideas over the years but just getting stale atm no competition they need to do a survey on what collectors want. the tribute set was a good side set last year the foils gems ect are getting very stale...

Honestly i thought this series was S**T.
Between same old same old inserts, Draft pics with scratches on the sigs (nearly all!), only having a select few Captain sigs, and getting any were close to money back was impossiable!

Its about time select went back to the drawing board. Come up with something new. Listern to collecters of what they want of old (game worn guernsey cards)
And fixing up the problems with the sigs on there cards!!!

But as it stands Select couldnt careless. The series Sold out again for them. They have there cash. There series next year will sell out no matter what.... etc so why should they care....

The only thing that will change this is direct compertition.. but we all know that wont happen!

Honestly i thought this series was S**T.
Between same old same old inserts, Draft pics with scratches on the sigs (nearly all!), only having a select few Captain sigs, and getting any were close to money back was impossiable!

Its about time select went back to the drawing board. Come up with something new. Listern to collecters of what they want of old (game worn guernsey cards)
And fixing up the problems with the sigs on there cards!!!

But as it stands Select couldnt careless. The series Sold out again for them. They have there cash. There series next year will sell out no matter what.... etc so why should they care....

The only thing that will change this is direct compertition.. but we all know that wont happen!

im with you here mate, i didnt go too much on Pinnacle. and with the series always selling out why would they care. and sadly until theres competition it wont change :(

im with you here mate, i didnt go too much on Pinnacle. and with the series always selling out why would they care. and sadly until theres competition it wont change :(

Exactly!

I went in for 3 boxes this year and wont be again! i MAY get 1 box next year.. Mayb!

Back
Top Bottom