Who's getting up for the soccer tomorrow???

axeman23

OzCardTrader
Hey, fellas. Just wondering how much support the Socceroos will have from this forum tomorrow morning? Already set my alarm, and it's a damn annoying one, so I always get up for it... So anyone else pumped up for it? Any predictions? I reckon Guus has done a superb job, and will be looking for at LEAST 1 goal from the boys, hopefully more... They seem a lot more relaxed and comfortable this time round, and with the second leg in Sydney this time, they should be under less pressure... Anyway, GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!

Bloody day-light saving!!! :x It starts at 5:30 here! But as u can see, I'm up anyway. My dog took care of that, chasing a cat or something, barking all the way...

Watching it now
About 15 minutes in
Quite a good start by the Aussies
3 or 4 corners already
I hope we can sneak an away goal!

grrr dont like dario silva , we look pretty good though, need to make a few more runs , i reckon

we gotta attack the box, cos these little sooks will crack under the pressure.

You can tell Kewell hasnt played much in the lasr 12 months. We dont look like scroing do we..

1-0 halftime bit dissapointing, best thing from here is to hope we don't concede anymore goals. Cos i can't see us scoring

I dunno, I reckon we've played well so far... I mean, Uraguay's goal was DEFINATELY against the run of play, and we've forced a few corners already. It was a great free kick attempt by Viduka, too! Kewell hasn't played like he can when healthy, but I'll take him on this form as well. A few things just haven't gone right, that's all. Dfence has been great, too! But the main thing is if we get a goal there, its actually worth 2 home goals, so it would help immensely! And at least we'll know what we have to beat for the home leg, as well...

By the way, how big is that damn stadium??? Must have nearly 100,000 in there? Certainly looks bigger than our footy stadiums... And with that crowd going off, must be nerve-racking! :shock:

we are doing ok in the second half
we just need to sneak a goal
thompson came close with that shot from outside the 18 yard bpx
and there was NO way that Uruguay should have got that free kick that lead to the first goal!! :cry:

Well that's quite a good result
The Aussies soaked up a lot of late pressure late in the game
Here's hoping for a few goals on Wednesday!!

axeman23 said:
By the way, how big is that damn stadium??? Must have nearly 100,000 in there? Certainly looks bigger than our footy stadiums... And with that crowd going off, must be nerve-racking! :shock:

South America generally has larger stadiums than AUS. We have far more safety regulations I think and that makes building a 100k stadium quite difficult (although during the Olympics, the Stadium held about 80k I think).

Good game, the boys done quite good :p

Can't wait for Wednesday

Good to see my Blackburn boys stand up in defense. Neill was superb!

Scotty Chipperfield can also take a bow he was awesome too.

80,000 i think it packs in and it looked pretty damn full lol

Back
Top Bottom